www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 08-10-17, 18:47   #11
DJ Full
Professor

It's not a "fail of you", it's countless versions which make it confusing without improving a thing.
Just stick to fmodex and it will work.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 20:24   #12
Danath
Explorer

Smile

I played the map yesterday and i liked it a lot! Specially the atmosphere, i though it was very well done. Also loved the good old TR2 action, and that secret with the trapdoors got me good. A bit short but a sweet level.

There are three things i didn't like though. One is the ( i think ) too tight timed doors, another is that center zone where you climb the crates and there is a lever above sorrounded by sliding floors. I didn't know how to get there and thought it was crucial to finishing the level, but it wasn't, that left me a bit confused. The other thing is those jumps before the ending, i hate those kind of jumps where you need to curve so much, though not having a long drop if you fail makes it less annoying.

Technical question: how did you place that "falling water drops" effect on the level? Is it a sound source? I love that.
Old 08-10-17, 20:45   #13
thewolf
Hobbyist

Always good to hear feedback. Yes , those 2 jumps are something special.
I thought adding these are less boring and more challenging . For the timed doors, I increased already the time. It was supposed to be shorter
The room with the sliding floors was to this date my best idea ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Technical question: how did you place that "falling water drops" effect on the level? Is it a sound source? I love that.
When you open the base level from 40 fathoms there is a water drop object in the object list. Place it somewhere and activate all flags. The object has a big range.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 12:24   #14
thewolf
Hobbyist

Arrow

I can not understand why the reviews for my second level are so messed up
http://www.trle.net/sc/reviews.php?lid=2999

What do they mean with it's more worse than the first? Are they serious?

Sure, my levels are not the best or a masterpiece, but this has to be a joke

What is your opinion ? Are these reviews unfair? Or have I got that wrong
Old 10-10-17, 12:43   #15
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

I think they're a bit unfair as this is a TR2 level afterall and these reviewers are use to TR4 Next gen type levels
Old 10-10-17, 18:22   #16
thewolf
Hobbyist

They can't take a TR4 to compare with a TR2. That's absolute nonsense and unfair
Old 10-10-17, 18:57   #17
LoreRaider
Explorer

Remember that (sadly) many of the reviewers doesn't build levels, so they don't know how difficult is sometimes working with this buggy program
Old 10-10-17, 20:23   #18
PedroTheGamer
Hobbyist

and a good level, but I encountered problems when playing: / lara sounds do not work, but the sunds tracks work correctly: / satanic bug, how do I solve?:tonelada:
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 10:02   #19
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I think they're a bit unfair as this is a TR2 level afterall and these reviewers are use to TR4 Next gen type levels
I don't agree with the bolded part.
Those reviewers also play levels in classic style and think they are good when they are indeed good.

As for these particular reviews being unfair, I don't know.
I do know however, when reading the reviews, that reasons for thinking something is not quite good are given.
Old 11-10-17, 11:54   #20
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well I finished this game last night, and I always love TR2 levels as they are so atmospheric.

You made a good job of this level and the timed runs and banana jumps were a good touch

Timed runs, I found them very tight and just made it after many goes, though experts at this, find them easy, but I never do, and they are a challenge.

The banana jump which defies the laws of physics, where only lara can bend in mid air, is a brilliant challenge, and some custom game makers are masters of this, and make levels very difficult to complete. I just like them challenging but not almost impossible.

One thing I never like about underwater levels, is sharks and scubadivers (their breathing drives me nuts, and think they are just out of view behind Lara, and sneaking up). The speargun is useless, it is slow and clumsy, and never did like it, as it wastes her breath as she very slowly tries to kill them) and so I always just avoided the enemies underwater, get out the water, and fire UZI'S at them, which is far easier to do, and safer

Overall it was a good short game, but unfortunately as its a TR2 game you will not get high marks in TRLE, as most players are used to the visual wonders of TR4 next gen games nowadays.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, and thanks for making it, Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 11-10-17 at 23:20.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote