www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-10-17, 21:17   #11
Titak

Years back there wasn't such a nice attitude towards new builders showing WIP screenshots.
The Tenderfoot section was created for newbies to show their WIP projects for constructive criticism and feedback, in a more private setting.
The attitude towards newbies has changed since then, so the Tenderfoot section wasn't needed anymore.
Old 11-10-17, 21:56   #12
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

^ interesting

Anyways... the beta testing section was hidden because many people knew the password and were "invading" other people's beta testing progress and people (such as I) complained about lack of private. That's why the link is only provided to people who only betatest instead of a password that spreads around to everyone. Hope I was clear enough (and that I didn't say anything that wasnt supposed to be said lol)
Old 11-10-17, 22:00   #13
mathew9r
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
^ interesting

Anyways... the beta testing section was hidden because many people knew the password and were "invading" other people's beta testing progress and people (such as I) complained about lack of private. That's why the link is only provided to people who only betatest instead of a password that spreads around to everyone. Hope I was clear enough (and that I didn't say anything that wasnt supposed to be said lol)
Seems as though that more or less clears everything up, which can finally put me at rest.

Least now I know it still exists and can become quite useful for if and when I come back to publish another set later in the future(depending on the reviews of my latest set, which seems to not be doing well sadly).
Old 12-10-17, 21:32   #14
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew9r View Post
Least now I know it still exists and can become quite useful for if and when I come back to publish another set later in the future(depending on the reviews of my latest set, which seems to not be doing well sadly).
Off topic, but don't let reviews decide whether or not you want to build another level. We should build for our own enjoyment, not reviewers'.

And your levelset is not being poorly received! It really upsets me when people consider a 7.x rating to be poor or negative. A level with a 7 or above, to me, is a positive thing and an indication of a level worth playing. 6 and under would describe a level that needs more work before it's ready.

Take your levelset for example - with only three published reviews, it stands at a 7.75, just shy of 8. Is 8 "not doing well?" Of course it is! The only mark with mixed reception is gameplay, which is par for the course when it comes to TRLE.net. There are a lot of players with very different ideas of what makes a game fun. That's how you can end up with one 4 and one 10 for gameplay. Someone loved it, someone didn't. At the end of the day, those reviews are those individual's opinions alone, they are not a definitive statement on how good a level is.

Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 00:01   #15
Zreen001
Archaeologist

^Not to mention that what counts as a reviewer's "average", "good", and "bad" scores tend to differ from each other. Recently, "average" tends to be around 7s-8s but some may put average as 4s-6s simply because that makes the most sense to them not because they thought it was bad.
Old 13-10-17, 07:40   #16
mathew9r
Professor

Well it was a 9.25 then 8.33 then droped to 7.75 so started to lose faith especially after they started saying about how the boss was too hard with arrows and it didn't make sense blah blah.

But really it's not meant to be about that speficially, I just really needed somewhere I can get stuff tested before I make em public, to avoid mistakes mainly.

I already have plans for the next making so I guess thats something, or should be at least.
Old 13-10-17, 08:50   #17
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Anything over 7 is good I think. Levels with over 8 rating are A and A+ ones, the way I see it.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote