Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 10-05-17, 19:40   #11
Vinkula

A member of the Andromeda Initiative's Pathfinder Team (from Mass Effect: Andromeda).
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 19:44   #12
Samsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
...which one would it be?

And for what reason?

I think if I had to choose.... it'd be quite nice to be Lara Croft - she's rich and goes on exciting adventures and gets to learn about interesting mysteries. She also gets to poke around places we normally wouldn't see.

But I also quite wouldn't mind living in Skyrim as a random ordinary person. They have cute houses and lovely scenery........... and everything seems so simple and nice, with loads of loot to find in caves to make a living from.

I also think it'd be quite nice to live in TLOU's universe. I'd probably regret it, but wouldn't it be nice to have the world a bit emptier of people.......? A post-apocolyptic world has an appeal! And all the exploring and nosey-ing around empty places appeals to me in the same way it does in Tomb Raider - it's just that it's our civilisation instead of an ancient one. And the thrill of having to stay alive defeating clickers.... You would really feel alive!
Maybe Gone to Rapture might appeal.
My own experience has been that when the threat of death is real there is no thrill.
Just periods of incredible relief and fear.
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 13:05   #13
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
It was a "rough" release, to say the least. They have since patched it and also released a lot of new content (all free). They plan to add more, too. So I'd say it's a good game to jump into now if you like exploration... and it's probably a bit cheaper now too.
I keep looking at it, I feel the pull of the galaxy calling... And I know they've updated stuff, so I may yet get it. But I wonder if they weren't better to start afresh and make the game more story orientated with optional quests...
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 13:50   #14
Dennis's Mom

Lara Croft wouldn't be bad if it were the original Lara.

But . . .I think I'm going for Onimusha. I want to be Kaede, traveling with Samanosuke. (Those of you who understand my avatar will totally get this.)
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 13:58   #15
ESCachuli

Appart from Lara Croft, who is larger than life...

IDK, something easy. Or on the contrary, being Leon S. Kennedy would be cool too.

Meh, right now I just wanna live in Demon's Souls and die.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 15:19   #16
Andes

The dog in Silent Hill 2.
Andes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 18:47   #17
Eddie Haskell

Well, having played many hundreds of titles it is difficult to choose one. However, if I had to proclaim one or face the guillotine I would go with existing in the world of Morrowind. After all, someone needs to rid it of the flying vermin known as Cliff Racers... And if I could choose my gender, race and skills in said world, I would be a male Dunmer Assasin.

The world of Morrowind is very different from the variably manufactured Elder Scrolls worlds that followed in Oblivion and Skyrim. Not particularly better or worse on a variety of levels, just different and more to my taste shall we say.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 19:05   #18
Nigel Cassidy

Commander Shepard, without a doubt
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 19:13   #19
larafan25

Mine. Craft.

I could build my own house and make it as big or small as I wanted. The world would be endless. So much to explore. No other people around.

Can grow and make my own food. Can make my own tools and weapons and clothes.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 19:14   #20
_Doppie_

Mortred, one of the phantom assassins from the Sister of the Veils.

The Sisters of the Veil is a secretive organization that practices ritual assassinations. They believe that assassination is a sacred part of the natural order. To achieve this, they select children with a method of divination to be trained and brought up as Phantom Assassins. The children are raised with no identity of their own, except their devotion to the Veiled Sisters. Victims are regarded as sacrifices, and death at the hands of a Phantom Assassin is considered an honor. Phantom Assassins are forbidden to speak their own name.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote