Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 26-10-22, 21:12   #1
Ankhrae

Default Room Editor Resize/Tips?

Hi guys! I'm starting another set of levels but am having trouble with the room editor. I've got another laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080 (or similar, I can't remember exact). I cannot increase this resolution any further, yet with the Room Editor open, I can't scroll to the bottom to the lighting panel or the colour swatches (to make transparent surfaces).

Is there a workaround for this?

Also, minor issue, but I cannot find the control to pan my view around the level. I can rotate and zoom in and out, but I can't move the centre of rotation. This all used to be muscle memory, but it's been about 8 years since I built! xD

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ankhrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-22, 16:20   #2
LoreRaider

Are you using the old editor as a choice or because you're not aware that modern tools exist? Because if it's the latter, Tomb Editor is the solution to all your problems

Tomb Editor it's a new modern editor which is capable of making levels for any classic engine and the new TEN engine, you should have a look at it
Here's some info: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=218924
And here's where you can find the latest version: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...8&postcount=30
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-22, 20:41   #3
Ankhrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Are you using the old editor as a choice or because you're not aware that modern tools exist? Because if it's the latter, Tomb Editor is the solution to all your problems

Tomb Editor it's a new modern editor which is capable of making levels for any classic engine and the new TEN engine, you should have a look at it
Here's some info: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=218924
And here's where you can find the latest version: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...8&postcount=30
I had absolutely no idea! Haven't built since 2013! Thank you so much! I'm very excited to try it!

Could you help clarify - is this a completely new package to replace TRNG entirely, or is it just a replacement for the NGLE room editor? Do I completely disregard the entire TRNG Center?

Last edited by Ankhrae; 28-10-22 at 20:53.
Old 28-10-22, 22:49   #4
LoreRaider

Tomb Editor it's a replacement for winroomedit and NGLE, meanwhile TombIDE it's a replacement for NG_Center (TombIDE is also part of the Tomb Editor package)
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-22, 02:11   #5
mizuno_suisei

If for whatever reason you still want to try and get classic winroomedit/ngle working, from good memory a program called Reso did this for me - it makes a shortcut to the file and forces it on a specific resolution, I believe 1366x768 worked well so the entire window shows correctly
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-22, 08:52   #6
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Tomb Editor it's a replacement for winroomedit and NGLE, meanwhile TombIDE it's a replacement for NG_Center (TombIDE is also part of the Tomb Editor package)
To add to this: basically you only need to download TE (it comes with all the tools it provides), install it, launch TombIDE, and start from there.
In TombIDE you can create/manage your game(s), and it will take care of creating the game folder and basic script entries for level itself when you use the Create level button.
This means you don't need to install TRLE/TRNG at all, TombIDE will provide everything you need.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 01:12   #7
Ankhrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
If for whatever reason you still want to try and get classic winroomedit/ngle working, from good memory a program called Reso did this for me - it makes a shortcut to the file and forces it on a specific resolution, I believe 1366x768 worked well so the entire window shows correctly
I have gone with this option. It worked wonders. Thank you so much!

I was having trouble with Tomb Editor. I didn't like the work flow, and was encountering bugs i didn't know how to fix! I'll stick to what i know!