Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-04-17, 12:46   #1
ESCachuli

Default Would you buy a DLC pack for Endurance mode?

After playing it for a while, I must say this mode is very fun, but maybe a little lacking.

I would expand it, adding new maps and enemy types. My ideas for it would be:

- Syria map. Cliffs and catacombs. Instead of hunger and cold meters, you would have thirst and sunburn. You have to get to the dark to avoid getting sunburnt, and find water sources. Enemies would be trinity soldiers, animals like snakes, scorpions and vultures, and supernatural enemies would be skeletons.

- Yamatai throwback. Hunger and thirst meters. It would be quite easy to get them.

- Egypt. Desert, pyramids and temples of the Valley of Kings (maybe a little fantasy is needed xD). Supernatural enemies would be Seth minions.

- Peruvian mountains throwback. A TR1 nostalgic nod. Caves, Vilcabamba and the lost valley. Supernatural enemies would be, no doubt, dinosaurs.

Challenge tombs would be added too, not only caves and crypts. Co-op mode would change the puzzles, needing the coordination of both members. Key item fetching would also be needed.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 12:51   #2
ThatSassyKid

I'd honestly pay for just a Syria map TBH. I'd ****ing love that ****.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 12:59   #3
ESCachuli

I don't really know why they choose the syberian wilderness (well, because it's easy to create a big map for it), it is ugly af. I'd really prefeer an smaller, more beautiful and condensed map, rather than a big wilderness where everything is just white and grey.
Old 10-04-17, 13:12   #4
ThatSassyKid

Siberian Wilderness is fine, but the main game already has too much snow, so it is kinda dull af in Endurance because of that.
Old 10-04-17, 14:07   #5
sackboy123

I would buy anything if it meant updating Endurance

I would pay money for the whole of expeditions to become a Co-op fest to be honest
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 14:08   #6
ESCachuli

Coop Lara's nightmare would also make much sense, tbh.
Old 10-04-17, 14:17   #7
ThatSassyKid

Co-op Cold Darkness
Old 10-04-17, 14:25   #8
tomblover

I would pay full price for a stand-alone Endurance Mode sold as an LC game.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 15:20   #9
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I would pay full price for a stand-alone Endurance Mode sold as an LC game.
It'd wanna have like, 20 maps, a story, and full trophy support - at full price! but so would I, tbh
Old 10-04-17, 17:44   #10
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
After playing it for a while, I must say this mode is very fun, but maybe a little lacking.

I would expand it, adding new maps and enemy types. My ideas for it would be:

- Syria map. Cliffs and catacombs. Instead of hunger and cold meters, you would have thirst and sunburn. You have to get to the dark to avoid getting sunburnt, and find water sources. Enemies would be trinity soldiers, animals like snakes, scorpions and vultures, and supernatural enemies would be skeletons.

- Yamatai throwback. Hunger and thirst meters. It would be quite easy to get them.

- Egypt. Desert, pyramids and temples of the Valley of Kings (maybe a little fantasy is needed xD). Supernatural enemies would be Seth minions.

- Peruvian mountains throwback. A TR1 nostalgic nod. Caves, Vilcabamba and the lost valley. Supernatural enemies would be, no doubt, dinosaurs.

Challenge tombs would be added too, not only caves and crypts. Co-op mode would change the puzzles, needing the coordination of both members. Key item fetching would also be needed.
In theory, I probably would. Though maybe just hunger and thirst. Sunburn meter and we'd wonder how that's possible if she's wearing a winter coat or why she doesn't have any sunscreen.

As for enemies, snakes probably would be too hard to hit, too slow. Same with scorpians - unless they were like the scarabs in LR - you can't kill them and it'd be a fun way to induce panic in the player if you need to outrun them. Maybe fire arrows would just scatter them, but not kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Siberian Wilderness is fine, but the main game already has too much snow, so it is kinda dull af in Endurance because of that.
This a million percent. I have played Endurance mode about a dozen plus times, and I sometimes find/see new things, which is surprising, considering how much of it is so damn recycled - but there should be more variety to it all. I like how Cold Darkness (or whatever it's called) felt like an actual map - lots of verticality, many nooks and crannies, little of it is recycled (or at least, little enough to not care), lots of distinguishable areas.

Geothermal Valley should have been a map for either of those modes. Syria has basically nothing to work off of. It's just a very tiny outdoor area (move three steps and you are in the tomb), and the interior doesn't lend itself any room for anything. Too linear in structure. Of course, they could make something up, but still.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote