Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-09-08, 07:34   #11
calico25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
what do you do there?
My work basically involves airing live sporting events, recording programming for re-air onto servers, commercial prep, promotional prep and the list goes on. I hope to get into film work in the future since my job is mainly engineering and not creative. Though I do get to edit programming when things go wrong. I also feed programming to Australia, the UK, and the middle east...by far my favorite aspect of the job since I get to spend alot of time talking to interesting characters over seas...to bad the programming I send is usually crap.

Last edited by calico25; 02-09-08 at 07:37.
calico25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:34   #12
MiCkiZ88

Don't have a job atm, and it's hard to find any proper job unless you have some sort of experience from the field/have the education for the job. How the hell am I going to get any work if I can't even work as an waiter without any experience. Here and abroad. -_-

I did work as a phone salesman for few days, and I did work at a media studio as a designer, but both were only temporary summer jobs. The former one I quit because of extremely ****ty pay and for loosing my voice.
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:39   #13
EgyptianSoul

Don't have a job yet. Gotta find some crappy education that might push me into some crappy job at some point.

Somehow I'd want to be of some use to this world and the people but that kind of jobs don't pay good. Sadly.

Last edited by EgyptianSoul; 02-09-08 at 07:40.
EgyptianSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:42   #14
erosan

i work at a supermarket (IGA) . Cashier, Deli, and i get to deal with retarded people everyday. joy
erosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:48   #15
calico25

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosan View Post
i work at a supermarket (IGA) . Cashier, Deli, and i get to deal with retarded people everyday. joy

IGA is still around? damn, my local one got shut down 10 years ago lol.
calico25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:36   #16
thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico25 View Post
My work basically involves airing live sporting events, recording programming for re-air onto servers, commercial prep, promotional prep and the list goes on. I hope to get into film work in the future since my job is mainly engineering and not creative. Though I do get to edit programming when things go wrong. I also feed programming to Australia, the UK, and the middle east...by far my favorite aspect of the job since I get to spend alot of time talking to interesting characters over seas...to bad the programming I send is usually crap.
That's cool, was just curious because my dad works in Television so I've grown up in that world, but that's not something I've seen much of before.
thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:39   #17
FinalRequiem

I Work for Boots the Chemists as an Operations Assistant. But my manager asked me to step up to be a Duty Manager
The pay is really good there, so I'm happy there for the moment
FinalRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:47   #18
Voni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRequiem View Post
I Work for Boots the Chemists as an Operations Assistant. But my manager asked me to step up to be a Duty Manager
The pay is really good there, so I'm happy there for the moment
Wow, I've never heard from anyone who worked in retail who actually enjoys it before! Good for you mate!
Voni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 09:02   #19
St4r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieoliver22 View Post
I am still a Student, but hopefully I should be starting a part-time job at my college helping as a network admin - we are having a new MS Sharepoint system apparently, and I have to help build it from scratch.
I feel sorry for you. We've started to replace most of our SPS several months ago.
St4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 09:20   #20
Naomichi

I'm about three weeks away from starting a new job with a research company.
Naomichi is offline   Reply With Quote