www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-09-16, 19:20   #31
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
The game is bland from the beginning to it's end. There is absolutely no love in one of the levels or it's ideas.
I completely agree, apart from St. Francis Folly this game is garbage, and it always baffles me when games like this get positive reviews, well at least most TR fans in this forum dislike Anniversary.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:29   #32
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
I completely agree, apart from St. Francis Folly this game is garbage, and it always baffles me when games like this get positive reviews, well at least most TR fans in this forum dislike Anniversary.
It gets good reviews because it's a good game
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it an objectively bad game, it's just your opinion.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:52   #33
Classic98
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Palace Midas; 'cos I'm skint
Posts: 289
Default

I played it on 360, when it was released. Actually, I found this game to be fairly enjoyable. Granted, it doesn't come close to the original but I think it's a good game, nevertheless. The best game of the LAU trilogy ??

Last edited by Classic98; 18-09-16 at 20:03.
Classic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:56   #34
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic98 View Post
The best game of the LAU trilogy ??
I agree!
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:05   #35
ESCachuli
Archaeologist
 
ESCachuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,406
Default

About the jumping distances: Anyone else here HATED Tomb of Qualopec? I hated it completely because of the part where you have to put 2 platforms together to cross one section. HELL! There is no ****ing way to know if you are correct other than just trying. And sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. The platforming is just awful here...

Other than that, the game is very easy.

I think this game lacks developers love. It's clear they didn't liked TR1 and they just tried to make a game very very fast so Core couldn't present their own version. It's gray, dull, lacks charm, somewhat buggy... and still is my favourite from CD.

And I kinda hate when magazines and non-fans say this game is a good remake. It isn't. It's a good game, but an awful remake. I really hope nicobass shows them they can do a very good remake with their system, but they need to apreciate what they are remaking.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:06   #36
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it an objectively bad game, it's just your opinion.
On this forum most TR fans dislike Anniversary so objectively it's not a good TR game at the least. Outside this forum I don't care cos most people have very low standards and they like everything that is fed to them labeled as good by paid reviewers.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:06   #37
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
About the jumping distances: Anyone else here HATED Tomb of Qualopec? I hated it completely because of the part where you have to put 2 platforms together to cross one section. HELL! There is no ****ing way to know if you are correct other than just trying. And sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. The platforming is just awful here...
I've not had this problem tbh
Move one as close to where you're trying to get to as possible, then the other halfway

Quote:
And I kinda hate when magazines and non-fans say this game is a good remake. It isn't. It's a good game, but an awful remake. I really hope nicobass shows them they can do a very good remake with their system, but they need to apreciate what they are remaking.
I'll agree here.
Good game, but not the best remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
On this forum most TR fans dislike Anniversary so objectively it's not a good TR game at the least. Outside this forum I don't care cos most people have very low standards and they like everything that is fed to them labeled as good by paid reviewers.
What a childish statement. Most people on this forum hate Rise, but objectively it's a very well done game. This forum ain't **** in the wide spectrum of things.

Last edited by ThatSassyKid; 18-09-16 at 20:08.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:24   #38
maikaal
Student
 
maikaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Most people on this forum hate Rise, but objectively it's a very well done game. This forum ain't **** in the wide spectrum of things.
I don't think anyone disagrees that it's a good game. But is it a good TR game? No, it's a modern action game that has TR in it's title for some reason and that's why most people on this forum hate it as you say.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:29   #39
lizardspock110
Professor
 
lizardspock110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,894
Default

Lots of people on TRF whine about TRA, but outside, a lot of people love it (General public, like me...)

Last edited by lizardspock110; 18-09-16 at 20:38.
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 20:30   #40
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaal View Post
I don't think anyone disagrees that it's a good game. But is it a good TR game? No, it's a modern action game that has TR in it's title for some reason and that's why most people on this forum hate it as you say.
Have you been in the RotTR section recently?
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.