Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 28-12-16, 23:41   #41
archfiend

Even though you said your texture is compatible there must be a problem about your texture. You should examine it again. I would like to help you more but i'm not good at retexturing so that's all i can say.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 02:47   #42
Mokono

Default Lost Valley Starry Night Sky Mod by Mokono

Credits:
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 23:31   #43
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Thought I would try it out your starry sky demo Mokono, and it looks good

Note that if you had replaced the night sky textures of stars, with a daytime blue sky and white clouds textures, (which I have done in the past in one of my videos) it does not look as good, because of Tr1's 'fogging into the distance' feature, makes a daytime sky difficult to see, as it tends to blacken it out, depending on Laras viewing angles.

A view of your night sky with Lara on the broken bridge. Nice
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 01:28   #44
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Note that if you had replaced the night sky textures of stars, with a daytime blue sky and white clouds textures, (which I have done in the past in one of my videos) it does not look as good, because of Tr1's 'fogging into the distance' feature, makes a daytime sky difficult to see, as it tends to blacken it out, depending on Laras viewing angles.
do you still have the level file?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 09:59   #45
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
do you still have the level file?
Hi Woops, I no longer have the data file, but the 'skybox' works the same as Mokono's by installing a roof mesh and texturing it, but with daylight sky rather than starry night sky. You could modify Mokono's by retexturing sky with blue sky and white clouds. See my video.....

I do have the 'Old Joe the peruvian guide, part3' video which you can download in the link below and see the daylight sky effect in the lost valley at 3.15 minutes onwards, but note the fogging effects that darken the sky occasionally because it is a large area

Note that by adding a daylight sky mesh in small rooms works fine, as room is too small for fogging, see 5.30 minutes onwards to see such a room.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehi0pl...part3.wmv/file

Last edited by The Great Chi; 10-05-20 at 10:20.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-20, 05:01   #46
Mokono

Thank you, The Great Chi. I remember having fun watching your video. It also helped me decide to go with a night sky instead of daytime.

Anyway, because this is actually a tutorial thread and not exactly a showcase one, i decided to share my first video tutorial here!

I hope you all enjoy it!
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote