www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 10-01-17, 14:00   #1
IncultaWolf
Student

Question Main menu, music missing? - Xbox 360

After playing the PC version again, I noticed that the Xbox 360 version doesn't play the background theme during the title screen. Just wondering if/why this is intentional, or if anyone else experienced this? I have the digital downloaded version with all DLC installed from the Xbox Live store.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 17:10   #2
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Naah it's normal. I have The disk version and it lacks The main theme as well, it's a huge shame though.
Old 12-01-17, 17:12   #3
IncultaWolf
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Naah it's normal. I have The disk version and it lacks The main theme as well, it's a huge shame though.
Oh, that's very odd. How could something so significant be missing? Why hasn't anyone else mentioned this?

I also noticed that some cut scenes and animations use motion blur which is absent in the PC version, although I definitely don't miss it.
Old 12-01-17, 20:43   #4
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Really? I thought that the music doesn't play after the "attract mode" trailer has been played.

And the PC version doesn't need motion blur since it plays with more than 30 FPS and the higher the framerate the uglier the motion blur effect becomes.
Old 12-01-17, 20:51   #5
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
And the PC version doesn't need motion blur since it plays with more than 30 FPS and the higher the framerate the uglier the motion blur effect becomes.
Some people just like to torment themselves with this nausea inducing effect though.
Old 12-01-17, 21:03   #6
IncultaWolf
Student

I agree, motion blur is an eyesore, but apparently some people actually like it. I just checked again to make sure, and yes, there's no main menu theme for the Xbox 360 version. I'm just shocked no one else really mentioned it. I really only keep this copy around for the outfits and DLC, although the frame rate really suffers during some areas in both expansions. I keep hoping maybe some day Microsoft will release it on Windows 10 store, but who knows. Maybe it'll never see the light of day on any other platform and fade away from existence.
Old 12-01-17, 22:47   #7
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
I agree, motion blur is an eyesore, but apparently some people actually like it. I just checked again to make sure, and yes, there's no main menu theme for the Xbox 360 version. I'm just shocked no one else really mentioned it. I really only keep this copy around for the outfits and DLC, although the frame rate really suffers during some areas in both expansions. I keep hoping maybe some day Microsoft will release it on Windows 10 store, but who knows. Maybe it'll never see the light of day on any other platform and fade away from existence.
Well I never noticed before you created this topic because I only play the 360 version for this game (my PC isn't good enough) so I thought there wasn't a theme for the game haha !

But that's not the first time, Xbox Legend is missing the introduction cutscene I think.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 00:30   #8
Grenade
Professor

I didn't even know there was a theme, I have the 360 version since the game was released. So when I was playing it on the PS2 last week I was surprised to hear music.

I don't mind it really tbh, it kind of gives a little suspence.
Old 13-01-17, 20:51   #9
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Some people just like to torment themselves with this nausea inducing effect though.
Probably the same people who say that there's no difference between 30 and 60 FPS. But to be fair motion blur isn't as noticeable at 30 FPS and I'm pretty sure that developers implemented it to make low framerates look more fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
II keep hoping maybe some day Microsoft will release it on Windows 10 store, but who knows. Maybe it'll never see the light of day on any other platform and fade away from existence.
They haven't released any 360 games for Windows 10. Though it's likely that the LAU trilogy will become backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Last edited by Wooxman; 13-01-17 at 20:53.
Wooxman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 03:07   #10
IncultaWolf
Student

By the time that happens, we'll probably be able to play it on an emulator.