www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation Level Editor

Old 08-01-17, 20:38   #101
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I try to disable further trigger activation, without (!) a condition trigger or an Organizer, in a TriggerGroup, till a continuous flipeffect is being executed.
I thought something like this: this flipeffect - exported into a TriggerGroup - has a progressive action, and when only the action ends, the further triggers exported will be executed.
The subject isn't important, it could be a general shape.

EDIT:
What I forgot to say - I don't know how to do it.
I don't believe it was possible, without conditions.
When a trigger (exported in the script or yet in the level map, it is the same) starts a progressive action, this doesn't mind that the execution will stay there till the progressive action has been completed.
What it will happen is (about):

The trigger STARTS a progressive action.
In next game cycles that progressive action will be performed, standalone for a given time
But, in meantime the trigger used to start the PA (Progressive Action) just quit and also all further following triggers (in the triggergroup or in the map) before that the progressive action had been executed for its second game cycle.

If you want realise a trigger, to export in a triggergroup, that perform some target requiring many time (or at least, more than one game cycle) and only after this operation, it will performed the following exported trigger, only way it's own to use a condition trigger.
When the long-time trigger detects that its long procedure it has been completed, it will return "true" and following condition in triggergroup, will enable the exectuon for other triggers in the triggergroup.

Mixing PA and exported trigger cann't get a delay in execution of following triggers.
A chance, but different by that you thought, it is a trigger that start a progressive action, passing to it a triggergroup ID to execute only when it (the PA) completed its job.
For instance, like description of this trigger, we could have:

"Perform <&>triggergroup when ..... has been completed"

Replacing the "..." with description of some progressive action you thought, you permit to perform a triggergroup only at end of that PA.
Really above trigger reminds a global trigger, anyway...
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 22:42   #102
AkyV

Thanks for the answer.
Then probably I'll choose the not-too-elegant-but-useful solution: a flipeffect (for the progressive action), then a condition (to check if the action is ended), and then the trigger I want to disable temporarily.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 09:59   #103
LGG_PRODUCTION
Historian

Now the mech works with my outfits
The game crashes when I try to go down backwards from a two click platform, though..
Old 10-01-17, 01:25   #104
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Now the mech works with my outfits
The game crashes when I try to go down backwards from a two click platform, though..
Could you show me the last_crash when that crash occurred?
Old 11-01-17, 17:49   #105
AkyV

Sometimes it is not clear how to get some info from the structures.
For example, StrEnumFROOM. I can't find any pointer or such to this. There is a way to check if it is a water, quicksand etc. room or not (C81), or I can type a dynamical MultEnvCondition in the code.
But what if I don't really want a dynamical command, but C81 is not enough? I mean, C81 can't check eg. if it is a flipped room or reflection room etc. (Moreover, even MultEnvCondition is useless eg. for a flipped room!)

So, what is the mode in cases like this? Eg. if I would like to check if it is a flipped room or not?
(But, again, this structure was only an example. I can't find no pointer, no function, nothing to get here.)

Last edited by AkyV; 11-01-17 at 17:52.
Old 11-01-17, 22:32   #106
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Sometimes it is not clear how to get some info from the structures.
For example, StrEnumFROOM. I can't find any pointer or such to this. There is a way to check if it is a water, quicksand etc. room or not (C81), or I can type a dynamical MultEnvCondition in the code.
But what if I don't really want a dynamical command, but C81 is not enough? I mean, C81 can't check eg. if it is a flipped room or reflection room etc. (Moreover, even MultEnvCondition is useless eg. for a flipped room!)

So, what is the mode in cases like this? Eg. if I would like to check if it is a flipped room or not?
(But, again, this structure was only an example. I can't find no pointer, no function, nothing to get here.)
When you see a structure with "enum" in the middle, then you should use it to see the list of those flags. In that case for FROOM flags.
I.e., typing:
Code:
enumFROOM.
it will appear the list of Room flags.
Unfortunately you have that problem about auto enum and so the "enum" structure are not useful for you.
Anyway to check if a room is a flipped room you use a code like this:
Code:
	Get(enumGET.ROOM, RoomIndex, 0);
	if (GET.pRoom->FlagsRoom & enumFROOM.IS_FLIPROOM) {
		// current room is flipped room
	}
Old 11-01-17, 23:26   #107
AkyV

Thanks. I was stuck when I saw FROOM. I mean, I should have found out that it is F - lags- room. And if I search for "flagsroom", then I go to StrRoomTr4. Which goes to pRoom, which goes to GET_ROOM.
How logical!

It seems I need some more time to get used to VC++ logic...
Old 11-01-17, 23:31   #108
aidanmalone
Professor

I'm sorry if this is considered spam, I do apologise

I just want to say well done to everyone who's contributing to this, I know nothing about DLL or coding but everyone is so dedicated to the new TRNG and it's so amazing to see new features arriving and being worked on!

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 11-01-17, 23:44   #109
AkyV

No, not a spam at all!
Thank you for the kind words, I hope the first plugins of different people (including me) will be released in one or two months. (I have just finished a trigger in my code which is able to show a motionless partial time of the screen timer, without stopping the timer, which continues running in the backgound.)

But naturally the first prize goes to Paolone.
Old 12-01-17, 12:45   #110
Delta
Historian

I'm having some troubles with the plugins:
I sent my level to my testers but when they execute the tomb4.exe this error message pops up:
Quote:
"Error to trying load plugin: PlugIn_trng.dll
Warm-up log of "PlugIn_trng.dll" plugin:
Attaching library..."
The level works properly on my computer, but i tried on my brother's pc and it gets the same error.
I included in my package the following files:
  • Data folder with logo, title and level
  • Script.dat and English.dat
  • Load.bmp
  • Tomb4.exe
  • Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
  • PlugIn_trng.dll
I also tried with the unmodified "plugin_trng_start_vc2010_sources" dll but nothing changes.
If it's true that a plugin injects its new features into a 1.3.0.0+ TRNG level, then no other files should be needed, then why i'm getting this message?
I suppose it happens when you try to play a level with plugins on a computer without the latest NG Center installed

Last edited by Delta; 12-01-17 at 14:18.
Delta is offline   Reply With Quote