www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 11-01-17, 18:26   #601
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantedmc View Post
I don't understand this problem, I'm bad at math, sorry.
that's unfortunate
Old 11-01-17, 19:34   #602
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
But the platforming has literally nothing to do with the writing of the game omfg
It's not a stupid question either - it's a sincere question to a silly statement.
Not that I'd claim to know their reasoning, but this thread has covered a lot of different subjects regarding TR (and its possible future). Only makes sense that gameplay would come into play at some point. Though usually the conversation naturally leads to other topics so, I don't know!

I'm hoping there will be good changes all around, myself, but I'm not holding my breath. Did that for too long and ended up disappointed a lot of the time.
Old 11-01-17, 19:38   #603
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Not that I'd claim to know their reasoning, but this thread has covered a lot of different subjects regarding TR (and its possible future). Only makes sense that gameplay would come into play at some point. Though usually the conversation naturally leads to other topics so, I don't know!

I'm hoping there will be good changes all around, myself, but I'm not holding my breath. Did that for too long and ended up disappointed a lot of the time.
God knows. Maybe it was written wrong for all I know we just have to wait and see
Old 12-01-17, 13:18   #604
Dennis's Mom

Children, back on topic.
Old 14-01-17, 16:05   #605
lizardspock110

I'm finding out about this today??

I love how people never stop blaming her for TR's current direction, just wait till a new writer is announced (or did that happen already ?) and they do the same...
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 17:45   #606
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ This. I'm sure most of the fault of the bad script and characters is not Rihanna's. I think she really gets reboot Lara and ehat we love about classic Lara, so when works alone, her Lara is the best in the reboot. The comics that she wrote by herself are the brst version of Lara IMO, so it's a huge shame to see her go :\

Don't y'all complain when we daddy issues in the next game cuz it ain't Riri's fault, she's beautiful
Old 14-01-17, 18:07   #607
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Rhianna wrote a lot of the reboot comics though, with lots of freedom, and I hated those. :/ One redeeming quality was young Lara with pigtails and a green vest. I tweeted Rhianna, "I love the tribute you paid to TR4 young Lara with the similar outfit and hair!" and her response was (paraphrased): "Oh, I didn't know past Lara ever had an outfit like that."

Really??! I know this is a reboot, but if someone is writing the games and comics and has absolutely ZERO knowledge of the franchise's past, that is just purely disrespectful to the franchise as a whole. The writers don't have to be as educated on the series as we are (though it would be nice), but knowing absolutely nothing about a franchise you write for is just... bad. :/

Not to bash Rhianna, I think she is insanely talented and did do a lot of good things for Lara, but overall I feel like she didn't fit the job due to not understanding the franchise.
Old 14-01-17, 18:22   #608
Zebra
Tomb Raider

^I had no idea she said that. I had always been under the impression that she liked the older games (despite her indirectly criticising classic Lara as a character) but yeah... that's definitely making me lose some respect for her TBH.
Old 14-01-17, 18:29   #609
JACOBryanBURNS
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Rhianna wrote a lot of the reboot comics though, with lots of freedom, and I hated those. :/ One redeeming quality was young Lara with pigtails and a green vest. I tweeted Rhianna, "I love the tribute you paid to TR4 young Lara with the similar outfit and hair!" and her response was (paraphrased): "Oh, I didn't know past Lara ever had an outfit like that."

Really??! I know this is a reboot, but if someone is writing the games and comics and has absolutely ZERO knowledge of the franchise's past, that is just purely disrespectful to the franchise as a whole. The writers don't have to be as educated on the series as we are (though it would be nice), but knowing absolutely nothing about a franchise you write for is just... bad. :/

Not to bash Rhianna, I think she is insanely talented and did do a lot of good things for Lara, but overall I feel like she didn't fit the job due to not understanding the franchise.

@_@
Old 14-01-17, 18:30   #610
Phlip
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post

Wow, that is... bad.

I've always thought that it's not even hard to do research on how past iterations of the character were. All she had to do was literally lookup the list of pillar titles in the franchise and YouTube cutscene playlists of each game. Funnest research for a job ever! But no, instead she spreads ignorance like this and her "ice queen" comment. Sorry, but she's an idiot.

At face value she's a good fit as writer because she's a British female videogame writer (who is apparently talented), yet in the end she didn't want to know anything about the history of the franchise she was writing for but was happy to bitch about it anyway, and Lara ended up more American than the LAU or the Hollywood take. One could say that her having no prior knowledge of who Lara was would have given her an take on Lara unaffected by subconscious prior knowledge of the character, but in the end we got a Lara with less personality than an a pot of cress.