Join Date: Apr 2009
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Modding, Costumes & Texturing – Discussion
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Modding, Costumes & Texturing – Discussion
The original AoD modding thread can be found here. Reasons for this new thread to exist:
-The original poster of the old thread is not a member of this forum anymore, so updates of the main page without the aid of a Moderator are virtually impossible.
-There are many links broken, wich might not be easy to fix, as many users hadn’t uploaded a copy of their mods anywhere.
-Because of the first reason, is also hard to keep people informed on new ways of modding, because AoD allows more than mere Texture editing.
There are 2 valid ways to mod this game, both have their respectives advantages and disadvantages over each other. Therefore, there are gonna be mods released for both ways, although is the autor of the mod the one who decides the final format of it’s mod. Also, these tools can be used combined, wich widers the diversity of the modding experience. In this matter, modding AoD can be a very thrilling and creative experience.
And what do i need to start Modding?
-Character files and how to get them
-Texmod is available at The Hub
-The loader, and it's files at Spared Life's
-The Modding Tips, Tricks and Tutorials have a lot of useful information.
-SparedLife's post here.
Wanna kill Janice, Kurtis or Pierre?
-This post has all you need to know.
Getting the glasses on Lara
And this new thread has just begun .
-This thread has been abandoned for a while, new threads have been made documenting progress in modding this game, they are the following:
Outfits and their locations:
Download the tools:
001. SLConverter-TRAOD- 1.02 by SparedLife ✗
002. SLConverter-TRAOD-Chapter tools by SparedLife ✗
003. Camera fun tool by SparedLife ✓
004. LaraD hack (literally) hack (tool) by SparedLife ✗
005. AoD Skin Loader by SparedLife ✓
006. Getting The Glasses on Lara by SparedLife ✓
007. Attachments Tool by SparedLife ✓
Game saves, camera hacks and more!
001. Paris1.GMX camera control patch by SparedLife ✗
002. Death/Health game saves by SparedLife ✗
003. LaraD camera views game save by SparedLife ✗
004. Hall of Seasons game save by SparedLife ✗
005. Kurtis/Sanitarium game save by SparedLife ✗
006. Another fun save collection by SparedLife ✗
007. AutoWalk game save by SparedLife ✗
008. Set of front camera game saves by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
008. Immortal Louvre game save by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
009. LaraD hack (literally) hack (tool) by SparedLife ✗
010. LaraD with sunglasses game save by SparedLife ✗
011. LaraD with sunglasses and Janice game save by SparedLife ✗
012. LaraD with sunglasses (front view) game save by SparedLife ✗
013. Sunglasses game save - level set 1 by SparedLife ✗
014. Sunglasses game save - level set 2 by SparedLife ✗
015. Sunglasses game save - level set 3 by SparedLife ✗
016. Sunglasses game save - level set 1 (front view camera) game save by SparedLife ✗
017. Sunglasses game save - level set 2 (front view camera) game save by SparedLife ✗
018. LaraD in Paris with odd camera by SparedLife ✗
019. VonCroy game saves (upside down, angled, 900,000,000 bullets, invulnerable, super closeup, etc.) by SparedLife ✗
020. Archaeological Dig game save by SparedLife ✗
021. Lost Domain Dig game save by SparedLife ✗
022. Cutscene game save by SparedLife ✗
023. LaraS as Kurtis by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
Download the mods:
001. Blue/Green shirt (when dark dark green, when light more blueish) by Zelda master ✗
002. Angel of Darkness Lara Upgrade by Sukkel ✗
003. 2048 x 2048 HiRes LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
004. 2048 x 2048 HiRes LaraS.chr by SparedLife ✗
005. Invisible Lara (.chr) by SparedLife ✗
006. Alpha-channel enabled Lara (.chr) by SparedLife ✗
007. Lara Tara Tarheel by Zac Medley
008. Legend of Darkness by Zac Medley ✗
009. Junebug camo by Zac Medley ✗
010. 2004 skin 1 by SparedLife ✗
011. 2004 skin 2 by SparedLife ✗
012. 2004 skin 3 (brown suede) by SparedLife ✗
013. New tpf by SparedLife ✗
014. 2004 skins 4 and 5 by SparedLife ✗
015. Green-eyed red-head with blue t-shirt by Zelda master ✗
016. Kurtis.chr topless (for KTEBers!) by Chocolate ✗ Alternate download ⬇
017. Paris1.GMX for 360 character movement in room by SparedLife ✗
018. LaraD Early AOD-Jeans (TexMod .tpf skin) by Zebra ✗
019. 2004 skins 6-10 by SparedLife ✗
020. Camo LaraD by badboy70 ✗
021. T-900 Terminator Lara by Zac Medley ✗
022. The Kurtis Trent Collection by Zac Medley ✗
023. GROK camp spam by badboy70 ✗
024. Old AOD Model by Zelda master ✗
025. Links for .chr file downloads by SparedLife ✗
026. The return of the black bustier by Zac Medley ✗
027. TR II SOLA wetsuit by Zac Medley ✗
028. Tomb Raider movie by Zac Medley ✗
029. Tomb Raider III splash screen on the walls of the Louvre ductwork by Zac Medley ✗
030. Japanese room with Shoji screens by Zac Medley ✗
031. Pink AOD Camouflage by b0bb13 ✗
032. Pink AOD Shorts by b0bb13 ✗
033. And Blue Lagoon by b0bb13 ✗
034. DDS textures for the PARIS1 screenshot room by Zac Medley ✗
035. repaired and alpha enabled Sukel Lara model by SparedLife ✗
036. Eckhardt on fire. by Zac Medley ✗
037. invisible Lara.chr by SparedLife ✗
038. Christmas Kurtis by Zac Medley, Aurimas ✗
039. Kurtis.chr with normal map and alpha-channel by SparedLife ✗
040. Long neck LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
041. Long legged LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
042. Bull-legged LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
043. Crooked arms LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
044. Chesty LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
045. LaraS Pink wet suit by Aurimas ✗
046. Repaired Aurimas pink suit (LaraS.chr) by SparedLife, Aurimas ✗ Alternate download ⬇
047. Giraffe LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
048. Purple Finger Alien by SparedLife ✗
049. LaraD.chr Ape Arms by SparedLife ✗
050. LaraD.chr Long Arms by SparedLife ✗
051. LaraD.chr Long by SparedLife ✗
052. LaraD.chr No Neck by SparedLife ✗
053. Lara Croft Tomb Raider the Movie by Zac Medley ✗
054. Lara torture by SparedLife ✗
055. Lara Croft: Christmass Raider outfit by Zelda master ✗
056. LaraD Medical by Aurimas ✗
057. Torquoise-Fuscia blend by kooky ✗
058. As above fixed by SparedLife .chr and .tpf by SparedLife, kooky ✗
059. 3 Scary LaraD.chr by SparedLife ✗
060. LaraD.chr HiRes DXT3 with Alpha-channel by SparedLife ✗
061. LaraD.chr in a mess by SparedLife ✗
062. Shiny Rainbow LaraC1 fixed by SparedLife by SparedLife, kooky ✗
063. NPC LaraD.chr with sunglasses by SparedLife, kooky ✗
064. NPC LaraS.chr with pink glasses by SparedLife ✗
065. NPC LaraS.chr with sunglasses and 2 guns by SparedLife ✗
066. NPC LaraS.chr with sunglasses and 3 guns by SparedLife ✗
067. different version of the title screen by playerjck530 ✗
068. TRAOD.exe with sunglasses hack by SparedLife ✗
069. AOD hot pants variant by Zac Medley ✗
070. LaraC2.chr alpha by SparedLife ✗
071. LaraC2.chr shiny by SparedLife ✗
072. Lara.chr with 1024 normal map and alpha-channel by SparedLife, Sukkel ✗
073. Christmas 2007 outfits by SparedLife ✗
074. LaraC2 in glass by SparedLife ✗
075. LaraD.chr HiRes DXT3 skin, map and weapons (no alpha) by SparedLife ✗
076. Tomb Raider Underworld by badboy70 ✗
077. Merry Christmas TRF by Zac Medley ✗
078. Rainbow 2 LaraC1 by Zac Medley, kooky ✗
079. TRU (image, TexMod log and Thumbs) by badboy70 ✗
080. 1024x1024 32bit tga with an alpha and the backpack masked out by SparedLife ✗
081. LaraD camo by SparedLife ✗
082. LaraD NY by SparedLife ✗
083. LaraD Blue and LaraD NY2 by SparedLife ✗
084. Jacket modded LaraD (alpha channel enabled) by SparedLife ✗
085. LaraD Skins from game textures by SparedLife ✗
086. AOD Legend outfit by Zac Medley ✗ Alternate download ⬇
087. longer braid by SparedLife ✗
088. Kurtis with the Alpha channel activated by SparedLife ✗
089. LaraD and LaraS with long braid by SparedLife
090. Underworld base texture for AOD Lara by SailorTaurus ✗
091. skin layer and combined it with another texture by Marvyn Android, SailorTaurus ✓
092. Lara bump by SparedLife ✗
093. Wetsuit by Mokono ✗
094. Camo pants, Converse boots, t-shirt & shooting vest by Mokono ✗
095. Bimbo Boaz by Mokono ✗
096. Beta Classic Larson (Does not includes Sukkel's Lara) by Mokono ✗
097. Converse beta mod by Mokono ✗
098. NPC LaraS.chr with pistols by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
099. NPC DXT5 Lara.chr by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
100. Kurtis Short Sleeves Jacket by Mokono ✗
101. Playable Arizona DXT5 by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
102. Playable Boaz DXT5 by SparedLife ✗ Alternate download ⬇
103. animal print by SparedLife ✗
104. Rave Mod by Mokono ✗
105. Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft outfit for AOD by Mokono ✗
106. You'll have to download it by LaraRules81, VictorXD ✗
107. Janice 2.0 by Mokono ✗
108. AoD Classic by Cristina ✓
109. Alpha Lara mod by tombraidergale ✓
110. Poker Face (Lady Gaga mod) by Mokono ✓
Broken links being fixed ATM...
Last edited by Mokono; 15-08-14 at 22:15.
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portugal Gender:Female
WOW COOL!Can´t wait to start to make AOD mods whit texmod!
EDIT: first mod in this treat
Bayonetta - “I should have been a pole dancer”.
Last edited by Cristina; 14-01-10 at 22:41.
Join Date: Jan 2009
I wanna contribute for this new thread! I'm off to start modding right now!
Long live Daenerys of House Targaryen and her flying napalm lizards
Join Date: Apr 2009
Getting the glasses on Lara
-AOD Texture Editor
2) Go to your main AoD folder, search for a folder named BIN and open it:
-Search for TRAOD.exe and move it somewhere else.
-Place the downloaded TRAOD.exe in the folder.
3) Return to the AoD main folder, go to the folder DATA, and then open the folder MAPS:
-Move the .GMX.CLZ files in the folder you placed the AOD Texture Editor and drag the .GMX.CLZ files to UnCLZ.exe as shown below.
-Do it one by one... The result will be the file you dragged without .CLZ extension (PARIS1A.GMX for the example above).
4) Once you got all the .GMX files, move everything back to the MAP folder (including the new files).
5) Do the same with the files in the CUTSCENE folder and the AUDIO folder.
That should work without problem .
Last edited by Mokono; 16-01-10 at 17:58.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Wow, a triple post xD. Try to use the button instead of posting consecutively . Anyways, the EXE calls for the .GMX file, that's why it asks you the CD, because you might have missed one of the files. Try checking that the .CLZ and .GMX files are the same number (without counting FRONTEND.gmx and INVENT.gmx).