www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-01-17, 13:03   #9601
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Really want more maps - getting sick of Prison and Trainwreck already - they seem to be picked far too often despite it being random.

Really hoping there are more classic style maps - Highrise would be a dream in UC4 IMO.
Rope swing possibilities are endless there - surely ND had to have thought about it? It may even be a future DLC map?
Trainwreck was never really my fave UC2 map - Sanctuary was a good one..

Was nice seeing a map with snow for a change though - they need to spice it up a little, add some variety.
I'd happily pay for a Flashback maps pack like for UC3 (although the standard variation of the maps, no funky redo's like 3 had)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 13:08   #9602
Peep Show
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
They were! I wonder if the same would be done in U4?
I'm sure it could work, we need to get the clique back together!
Old 13-01-17, 13:24   #9603
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Really want more maps - getting sick of Prison and Trainwreck already - they seem to be picked far too often despite it being random.

Really hoping there are more classic style maps - Highrise would be a dream in UC4 IMO.
Rope swing possibilities are endless there - surely ND had to have thought about it? It may even be a future DLC map?
Trainwreck was never really my fave UC2 map - Sanctuary was a good one..

Was nice seeing a map with snow for a change though - they need to spice it up a little, add some variety.
I'd happily pay for a Flashback maps pack like for UC3 (although the standard variation of the maps, no funky redo's like 3 had)
Some of the funky redos were quite nice like Highrise and Sanctuary. Loved them but I think there should have the UC2 variant and the UC3 variant of each map to spice it up even more
Old 13-01-17, 14:52   #9604
larafan25
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
They were! I wonder if the same would be done in U4?
MM was so much better in UC3 because of the stealth kills.
Old 13-01-17, 16:07   #9605
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Some of the funky redos were quite nice like Highrise and Sanctuary. Loved them but I think there should have the UC2 variant and the UC3 variant of each map to spice it up even more
Oooor.. even better. They could make an 'opposite time of day' thing.
So .. Rooftops in Daytime or sunset or something.
Village or Island etc but at night.
That would really add variety.
Some racing games had this option (Driver series especially)
We only got 2 night stages (rooftops and renmants)

EDIT: Anyone having collision issues on certain maps?
Trainwreck I died twice coz I got stuck at the top of the ladders.. the character doesn't climb up unless you jump to the sides.
Also in Rooftops, I tried to be clever and climb around the balcony edges to KO someone and got jammed. Their hands were both together in a wierd pose and refused to move left or right or even drop. I got shot off.
Hate how slow it is to release from ledges too pressing circle.. half the time I swear this is lag so other players can KO you off (seem to gravitate like a magnet)

Last edited by dcw123; 13-01-17 at 16:22.
Old 14-01-17, 00:58   #9606
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Finally got around to playing the Co-op for the first time. Just beat Auction House and my god the boss was quite difficult. I love this Co-op more then UC3 however UC2 still has the superior Co-op
Old 15-01-17, 09:38   #9607
paulwork
Archaeologist

I hope the lost legacy and Chloe is really successful and ends up filling the gap left behind by the departure of classic Lara/classic TR.

I don't think Chloe is going to be using weapons as much as Nate. Somehow, I think she will be using skills and strategy and stealth. What we didn't see much of in the new trailer was how Chloe handles platforming.

I think Chloe could also take back the crown from Lara of acrobatics, grace, elegance and poise now that reboot Lara moves with all the elegance of a heavy sack of potatos.

Its hard to tell just from a trailer, but since I've lost all hope in Lara, these are my hopes.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 10:25   #9608
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Unlikely, imo. The game must use the same engine as the U4 base game, so my guess is controlling Chloe is pretty much the same as controlling Nate. Maybe the animations are different, mo-capped by Claudia to look more feminine and original to Chloe, but I don't think we are going to make flips and barrel wheels.
Old 15-01-17, 10:28   #9609
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Just came around to playing Survival for the first time. Those outfit colors are hilarious!
Old 15-01-17, 15:57   #9610
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Aaaand yet again every single match today has had several people on my team die a zillion times without any KOs..
I mean, still get 15 relics but where is the fun in that?

Thank god Resident Evil 7 is out soon..

Edit - anyone else think the 'collision hit box' for the charged grapple hit is too large?
Other day, I climbed up two ledges to get away, the enemy swung the grapple and it didn't even touch my feet (I was clearly above them) and I still got hit!
Whenever I do it.. unless I'm literally touching them.. I miss.
Darn lag.

Gotta say - really starting to love C4.
Never used to use it, but the last match I got 12 kills and only 1 death. Most of those were C4s.

Love how it sticks to walls and stuff. Put one on a doorframe in New Devon where the rope swing dome is.. waited for an enemy to attach and BOOM! Sent them flying comically into the pit hahahaha *Dr Evil laugh*

Another I planted it at eye level on a corner wall.. teased some people and waited for them to follow me.. detonated.
Only thing is they don't show up properly on Cinema Mode and detonate as soon as they land.. then when you DO detonate them - its like an invisible blast lol
Oh and the odd time, even though I've thrown it and then been downed (after primed has completed) the game doesn't give me the option to detonate - even pressing down does nothing - caused a few deaths I could have avoided.

Last edited by dcw123; 17-01-17 at 15:18.