www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Digital Experience > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 26-12-14, 21:25   #11
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

I enjoyed Temple Of Osiris a lot more than GoL.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 14:25   #12
moodydog
Relic Hunter

ToO seems a lot more open. The maps are much larger, and there appears to be a hub space. I must say I'm really enjoying this one. I've only played it for a couple of hours, and still near the beginning though.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-16, 08:03   #13
TR1249
Student

ToO by far
Old 26-03-16, 05:05   #14
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

If I HAD to choose, I'd say ToO, only because I had a lot more fun with it, even though it had a serious tone to it. GoL didn't do that for me. It was amazing, but it wasn't fun.
Old 26-03-16, 10:02   #15
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
If I HAD to choose, I'd say ToO, only because I had a lot more fun with it, even though it had a serious tone to it.
Temple had a serious tone?? I thought it had quite the opposite.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-16, 19:33   #16
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

GOL because it is better, I prefer the artefacts over the amulets for exemple. The outfits are bonus you unlock and not thing you pay for. More challenging and fun. But TOO is awesome too. What I liked in TOO is Isis, the quality DLCs, the music (very unique). Both have really great things but my heart is with GOL. I think they could make a third one using GOL and TOO best ideas to create a new ideas even better.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-16, 21:48   #17
anthonycraig
Historian

GOL, by far. It was more engaging with the tombs, kinda get a classic TR feeling from it at times and we can't forget it was an entirely new game at that time so we didn't know what to expect. The only thing I don't like is the colour palette as it's just how it was in Underworld (Mexico & Croft Manor levels). It's just incredibly fun, a must pick up if you've never played in my opinion, kind of speaks for itself. My favorite part is opening the bridge by standing on the hoisted blocks with ladders. The antagonist and plot is really cheesy and predictable mind you, but I guess it's the gameplay and linear path progression opening up large areas that shines.

TOO was in my opinon, a mess. I just didn't like the overall level design and I think there's only two areas in the game where they utilised the isometric view with depth perception, the majority of puzzles utilised that in GOL but it's just all flat especially with the whole hub system (repetetive area) in Temple. The story is just The Last Revelation's but they made it dull and again cheesy. Maybe I'm biased but that just comes from dissapointment really, plus TLR is my favorite Tomb Raider game of all of them, so meh I didn't like the approach and tone with this spin off. I did like the original score, and the graphics and colour palette was pretty slick at times, Lara looks to skinny though. Alright, I'm just nitpicking now!

But yeah, if anyone would ask me which one they should pick up I'd actually say both, it's pretty interesting to compare the two as they're quite different to each other, but imo you'll have way more fun with GOL.

Last edited by anthonycraig; 26-03-16 at 21:51.
anthonycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-16, 15:19   #18
sandrine
Historian

GoL is definitely the better game , I just adore it .

ToO was good too , but imo it doesn't surpass GoL , except with the music department .
sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-16, 17:19   #19
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrine View Post
ToO was good too , but imo it doesn't surpass GoL , except with the music department .
In my opinion it also does in the big monster department and the dialogue.

But where Temple disappointed me slightly was in the variation of enemies. Also the rings and amulets all look too similar too each other, compared to Guardian's owls, lizards, feathers, et cetera.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-16, 20:16   #20
sandrine
Historian

[QUOTE=Nigel Cassidy;7559767]In my opinion it also does in the big monster department and the dialogue.[QUOTE]

Oh true , also the visuals in ToO are slightly better

But GoL does everything else better , that game definitely deserves the critical acclaim it got , the design , the gameplay , the puzzles , the enemies , the tons of side stuff , the better replayability I was really sad when the game finished , it's the definition of an 'addictive' game (GoL , Legend , Rise and TR3 are the most addictive of the franchise imo) .

I hope we hear something new about a new LC game in the next E3 , like an LC game for the 20th Anni , I'd like that ! plus it's a good thing to have an LC game between each main pillar game .

Last edited by sandrine; 27-03-16 at 20:17.
sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote