www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 26-12-15, 13:58   #21
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
This actually sounds really fun cause I love observing and figuring out a strategy.
Then maybe you should start with Thief 1. I have a feeling that with with a right mindset and some patience this game can be a lot of fun as well as challenging.
You are pretty much weaker than any other enemy, you have to use ammo and various tools carefully and move in the shadows trying to outsmart enemies. The only weapon you really have is your mind.
Plus the atmosphere is pretty awesome.
But... I just can't be bothered. Maybe in the future.
Old 26-12-15, 14:02   #22
Tyrannosaurus
Relic Hunter

Tomb Raider Anniversary. The bugs are just ridiculous.
Old 26-12-15, 14:13   #23
AshesBorn
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus View Post
Tomb Raider Anniversary. The bugs are just ridiculous.
What version are you playing? I finished the game on both PC & Xbox 360 and the only issue I encountered was the notorious pole bug in Egypt. I guess I lucked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
Then maybe you should start with Thief 1. I have a feeling that with with a right mindset and some patience this game can be a lot of fun as well as challenging.
You are pretty much weaker than any other enemy, you have to use ammo and various tools carefully and move in the shadows trying to outsmart enemies. The only weapon you really have is your mind.
Plus the atmosphere is pretty awesome.
But... I just can't be bothered. Maybe in the future.
Do you mean Thief (2014) or Thief: The Dark Project (1998)?
I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) right now and 99% of the time I prefer stealth cause engaging in direct combat sorta feels like taking the laziest route.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 26-12-15 at 14:18.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-15, 14:18   #24
AshesBorn
Archaeologist

DP.
Old 26-12-15, 14:29   #25
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Lego Jurassic Park.

I'll probably go back to it at some stage, I just wasn't into it that much at the time.
Old 26-12-15, 14:50   #26
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
Do you mean Thief (2014) or Thief: The Dark Project (1998)?
I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) right now and 99% of the time I prefer stealth cause engaging in direct combat sorta feels like taking the laziest route.
I mean Thief: The Dark Project from 1998, or better yet Thief Gold which is the definitive version of The Dark Project. It features expanded story-line, more gameplay and improved graphics.

I finished Human Revolution several times in fact, and I always use guns or cloaking. I like that it can be played in different ways and brute force is my favorite approach, with some stealth here and there. I miss the GEP gun (from original Deus Ex), it's the ultimate force of destruction.
Old 26-12-15, 14:50   #27
domino92
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
I did have fun watching Douglas beat the game though. I keep telling him we should have our own let's play show and call it "Parental Supervision."
I would watch that.
Old 26-12-15, 14:58   #28
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The evil within; I actually really enjoyed the main body of the game despite all its well documented flaws but I got to the final boss, battled my way through 3 waves of enemies and got to a sub boss that refused to die though was easily enough dispatched earlier in the game and learned that there was about another 5 sub bosses to do before you got to the actual final boss - complete and utter lazy tedium that ruined the entire game for me.
Old 26-12-15, 15:27   #29
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The evil within; I actually really enjoyed the main body of the game despite all its well documented flaws but I got to the final boss, battled my way through 3 waves of enemies and got to a sub boss that refused to die though was easily enough dispatched earlier in the game and learned that there was about another 5 sub bosses to do before you got to the actual final boss - complete and utter lazy tedium that ruined the entire game for me.
You did better than me. I found The Evil Within to be a horribly designed game. I probably got to the 3rd level before I realized I was having nil fun so why was I playing this game?
Old 27-12-15, 12:04   #30
AshesBorn
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
You did better than me. I found The Evil Within to be a horribly designed game. I probably got to the 3rd level before I realized I was having nil fun so why was I playing this game?
Hmmm, that's concerning.
I'm really interested in this one too because the videos I've seen of it reminded me of Silent Hill and Resident Evil.
What's so bad about it?

Quote:
I mean Thief: The Dark Project from 1998, or better yet Thief Gold which is the definitive version of The Dark Project. It features expanded story-line, more gameplay and improved graphics.
Okay, I'll try it out.

Quote:
I finished Human Revolution several times in fact, and I always use guns or cloaking. I like that it can be played in different ways and brute force is my favorite approach, with some stealth here and there. I miss the GEP gun (from original Deus Ex), it's the ultimate force of destruction.
Then we approach HR very differently, and that's what's so good about this game - it lets you choose your path and play-style.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 27-12-15 at 12:07.
AshesBorn is offline   Reply With Quote