www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 05-05-16, 12:38   #11
Daring Do
Relic Hunter

Anniversary is awesome! You're not alone, man.
Old 05-05-16, 16:17   #12
Chamayoo
Archaeologist

Love this game too ! It's not my favorite Crystal game but it is objectively the best of them imo.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-16, 16:40   #13
Shirley_Manson
Professor

I think it's awful for a myriad of reasons.
Horrid controls and movements, color scheme that induces sensory deprivation and inferior, second hand story are some of them.
It only reminds me that I should be playing a much better game - TR1.
Old 05-05-16, 19:16   #14
SorasDestiny
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
St Francis Folly was about the only level that excelled the original.. whereas Cistern and Tomb of Tihican were combined and cut down considerably.
Absolutely. The original was already quite a dense level to begin with and Anniversary's version only added to it; making all the challenge rooms bigger and more fleshed out. That said it is the only case where a level excels the original.

I literally abhor the Great Pyramid level. The original, Atlantis, is easily one of my favourite levels in TR1 and TRA's version stripped so much of its allure away quite like Cistern & Tomb of Tihocan.

Last edited by SorasDestiny; 05-05-16 at 19:19.
SorasDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 22:47   #15
Jorje Croft
Professor

Anniversary is my fav from CG games and in my TOP 3, TRAOD,TR4,TRA,
Best LARA (outfit and hair)
Ambitious music
Classic Atmosphere
Long levels
good story
huge tombs
Puzzles
Action
beautiful visuals
good controls (for me,I still can't understand why some people are saying its bad)
feeling of isolation

JUST PERFECT .
P.S. I just love her braid.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 06-05-16 at 22:49.
Jorje Croft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 23:21   #16
BeRad03
Hobbyist

I loved anniversary! I think a lot of the "hate" is just relating to how they changed stuff from TR1. As a standalone TR game, i think its best of the "legend/underworld" series...

If I am going to compare...

Some of my favorite things about the new one was: The fire pillars in Midas, the entire Egypt section, and St. Francis. I know people hated the cistern/tihocan combo, but I didn't have a problem with it really, since in my opinion, Tihocan doesn't get interesting until you slide into the actual tomb (which was awesome in TRA)...before that, its just some cistern canals.

I wasn't a fan of the T-rex boss fight as it should have felt much more terrifying, as mentioned earlier, atlantis was butchered, although Natla looked kinda cool.
BeRad03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 12:43   #17
Jorje Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRad03 View Post

I wasn't a fan of the T-rex boss fight as it should have felt much more terrifying, as mentioned earlier, atlantis was butchered, although Natla looked kinda cool.
I don't know anything about this can you talk? they were going to make this boss in a different way?
Jorje Croft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 17:08   #18
charmedangelin
Archaeologist

Awesome, Thanks everyone for letting me know that I am not alone in loving this game.

One thing I agree with everyone here is the fact that Atlantis was absolutely horrible. They cut out must of that section of the game, but the most infuriating part of Atlantis was the enemy's, you know, the ones with wings in the section of Atlantis with the timed switches where you had to climb all the way up to reach Natla.

I hated that part with a passion because the timing of the switches was super fast, the camera angels were way off, I had to keep adjusting the camera or else Lara would just leap to her death, and I had to to do all of that while shooting and dodging those who shot those explosive balls of fire that literally threw Lara all the way across 10 football fields. I died many times in that area, especially since your also timed to kill those since the platform beneath your feet was gradually beginning to retract into the wall.

I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to throw in all of that nonsense at the end, but it ruined and that entire section of the game.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 09-05-16 at 17:10.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 17:13   #19
FreakRaider
Professor

I really liked Anniversary, I thought it was the sequel to Legend back then.
I like TR1 as well, but I prefer Anniversary, as it's not as long and not that boring at times. (TR1 can be pretty magical though when certain music starts playing, but this only when played on the Playstation version, don't know why I like that one more) Anniversary was at some times actually challenging; I never got why people where so bad with the Adrenaline Jump thing, it was so easy for me. I basically like all Tomb Raider games, no matter from what company they're from.
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 17:32   #20
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
I really liked Anniversary, I thought it was the sequel to Legend back then.
I like TR1 as well, but I prefer Anniversary, as it's not as long and not that boring at times. (TR1 can be pretty magical though when certain music starts playing, but this only when played on the Playstation version, don't know why I like that one more) Anniversary was at some times actually challenging; I never got why people where so bad with the Adrenaline Jump thing, it was so easy for me. I basically like all Tomb Raider games, no matter from what company they're from.

Wow! thats exactly what I think, though the camera angles on pc (especially lost island) had me screaming with frustration and agony, especially the part where you have to do the grappling jumps and its timed then she misses and burns in lava, so much rage!
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote