www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 09-06-16, 21:25   #11
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

@ Hyper : You could've posted a screen of when Lara shouts "Nooooo" when Roth gets killed , omg that expression...it kills the entire scene for me
Old 09-06-16, 21:28   #12
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I think their approach to the 20th Anniversary has been ok, it's not the best but we've been promised a lot throughout the year so I wouldn't judge them to quickly on that project. I mean, they're pretty much doing the same as Capcom with Resident Evil. Using social media to show off older renders/throwbacks to the older games.

But is it Square Enix that's celebrating Tomb Raider or Crystal?
AFAIK Crystal Dynamics employees such as Meagan and Robin are responsible for the social media stuff, like the things you mention. SE are involved with the art contest, the Top Tombs video at E3, but it's not clear if they're doing the bulk of the work or if it's under their name only. Again any social media ads for these seem to be coming from CD under the TR or LC Twitter or Facebook pages.

@Patrick, yep that scene could have been so emotional, but Lara's expression, coupled with Camilla's Nooo delivery ruined it. The only time I was disappointed in Camilla's VA work.

Last edited by Rai; 09-06-16 at 21:32.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 21:37   #13
renspyro
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
I'm glad what SE did to rise making it a year late to the ps4.
But why exactly? As Rai said it's really harsh to make half of the fan base wait for the game

-----------

For me, i really love Square Enix for all the franchises they have (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Life is Strange, Just Cause and Tomb Raider itself), but i still offended how they sold TR with the morons of Micro$oft. Sorry if i sound rude but they are for me the worst company in gaming (Aside Windows and software, in that area they are really good), they put the Online membership in the map (And Sony followed them because worked really good) Xbox One with that terrible start and all they try to do us with that terrible policies, yeah they went back but the action still remembered today. And they try to put TR as their own franchise just because Uncharted itsel owns their console and they are not enough creative to make an IP to counterattack no, it's more easy to pay Square Enix for a year of exclusivity... And when they have the chance, they ignore it to go with Fallout 4 launching the SAME day in both PS4 and XOne because... Yeah, exactly

Square itself dissapointed me so much two years ago with that deal, like all the people supporting the reboot means nothing against the desperate M$ trying to get 'their Uncharted' with lots of money. That makes me mad thinking all the people affected with this (Fans, workers of Crystal Dynamics and their families)

I would be very hypocrite if i put against Square just because TR, but still buying the rest of franchises i loved of them so, Square for me it's a awesome company full of legendary franchises i loved since my childhood... But a really bad company with the TR franchise.
Old 09-06-16, 21:57   #14
irishhips
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by renspyro View Post
But why exactly? As Rai said it's really harsh to make half of the fan base wait for the game
He only saying that because he hate the CD games
Old 09-06-16, 22:28   #15
Dream
Archaeologist

^Omg your avatar, Jesus christ

-----------
Square doesn't seem to care about the TR franchise nor the fans, Classic or even reboot. Especially when it comes to the playstation fans who supported the franchise from its PS1 days. They really ****ed over the fanbase and I'm still seething for the fans that wanted to play Rise despite my own personal opinions and feelings towards the reboot. I hate to see fellow fans being shut out like that, It's not fair and honestly quite cruel. Money means everything, Fans are irrelevant.

Square E needs to wise up and actually give a **** or else it will bite them in the ass.

Last edited by Dream; 09-06-16 at 22:30.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 22:35   #16
VindicativeBF
Explorer

If rise sequel isn't a good tomb raider, I will boycott Crystal Dynamics until it goes back to classic . That's a promise.
Old 09-06-16, 22:39   #17
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindicativeBF View Post
If rise sequel isn't a good tomb raider, I will boycott Crystal Dynamics until it goes back to classic . That's a promise.
That's fair enough, but this thread is specifically about Square Enix as publishers of TR, not Crystal as developers.
Old 09-06-16, 23:06   #18
VindicativeBF
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
That's fair enough, but this thread is specifically about Square Enix as publishers of TR, not Crystal as developers.
Alright, then it will definitely apply to them -- all the games I was looking for published by SE turned crappy these days, the sad part is that early 2000 they were great franchises, and my interest revolved around them and their background history. It's now all about competitiveness policy and I'm "trying" those games instead of enjoying them: Hitman, Deus Ex, FF, TR, these are what I'm talking about. They are hardly atempting to get the "blockbuster" status while sleeping on the essence of these games. Might be because new users are dumb and publishers venal
Old 09-06-16, 23:43   #19
IRoD_o8
Hobbyist

Square owns some of my favorite properties, but the deal has completely turned me off from them. I've made the decision to wait for Persona 5 and Horizon: Zero Dawn and spend my money on those over FFXV and RotTR. KHIII might lure me back, but they don't seem interested on releasing that any time soon.
IRoD_o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 23:44   #20
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Square Enix allowed TR9 to be a true triple A title, for that I think they deserve some praise. I don't think that would have happened under the old Eidos. It put TR back on the map.
And then they complained that it didn't sell enough; probably because they wanted to tell their Japanese stockholders that they didn't fail but that it was the fault of the Westeners and their silly Tomb Raider and Hitman games.

In the end, to the consumer a publisher of videogames is always a necessary evil.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote