www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-07-16, 00:05   #1
Gian Carlo
Archaeologist

Arrow Tomb Raider Archives announced

Quote:
Exciting #TombRaider20 news out of SDCC continues. Today at our panel – 20 Years of Tomb Raider: Lara Croft’s Multimedia Empire – Dark Horse and longtime Tomb Raider artist Andy Park helped us reveal Tomb Raider Archives, a nostalgic offering for fans.

Tomb Raider Archives collects all 50 issues of the best-selling Top Cow comic, which debuted in 1999 with industry veteran Dan Jurgens at the helm as writer. It will also compile Fiona Kai Avery’s Tomb Raider Journeys, as well as a variety of one-shot Croft adventures. Within its oversized covers Tomb Raider Archives features the art of superstar comic talent such as Michael Turner, Marc Silvestri, David Finch, Andy Park, Billy Tan, Adam Hughes, Randy Green, and more.

The Tomb Raider Archives collection includes:

Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 1: Issues #1-15
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 2: Issues #16-24, #26-34
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 3: Issues #35-50, #0, #
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 4: Tomb Raider Journeys #1-12, one-shots
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 1 will go on sale 11/30/2016, with the following three releases slated for 2017.

About Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 1:

With a forward by Andy Park, this hardcover 8” x 12” offering comes in at 408 pages of globetrotting adventures.

There’s only one woman capable of tracking down the world’s rarest artifacts: Lara Croft. Armed with her iconic twin pistols, and aided by roguish playboy Chase Carver and her buttoned-up assistant Madeline Hovan, Lara crisscrosses the globe in search of adventure. Join Lara as she fights against a shadowy organization intent on her destruction, faces the ultimate betrayal, and uncovers legendary treasures.

This deluxe hardcover collects issues #1–#15 of the 1999 Top Cow Tomb Raider series and features the art of superstar artists Michael Turner, Marc Silvestri, David Finch, Andy Park and many more, all in an oversized format.
Keep an eye out for preorders through Diamond Previews Plus and Amazon starting next week.
Source

Last edited by Gian Carlo; 24-07-16 at 02:30.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-16, 00:05   #2
The1andOnlyTR
Professor

This makes me WEEP with joy ugh
Old 24-07-16, 00:08   #3
Daft Raider
Explorer

I'm so ****ing happy right now, this is literally all I wanted from this year. I feel like that cover could've been designed better, tbh the panels on the side are kinda ugo? But I'm still stoked for this.
Old 24-07-16, 00:12   #4
Rai

Nice. I missed the chance to get the original comics, didn't even know of their existence until recently. Could be worth a look.
Old 24-07-16, 00:26   #5
**LARA LOVER**
Archaeologist

Awesome I hoped this would happen! I also missed out on the classic comics so I'm excited! Hopefully they won't be too pricey though!
Old 24-07-16, 01:08   #6
Cezar
Explorer

Awesome! But where is #25 and crossovers with Witchblade, Fathom and Darkness? Without them it won't be complete edition...
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-16, 01:11   #7
LateRaider
Archaeologist

#25 was a three-part crossover spanning Tomb Raider #25, Witchblade #60, and a one-shot combination comic called Evo One. The story is called Endgame. Info here! So we won't be missing out on any of the Lara-exclusive stories, but the Witchblade/Tomb Raider crossovers will probably have to be sought out unless Sara Pezzini's creators can work something out with Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix. Even then, I bet the crossovers and the Endgame story would be in a separate archive.

My thoughts on this are that I'm super excited, ever since I got into TR I've wanted to read up the Top Cow comics and here I'm presented an updated, less costly presentation. This has been a great 20th anniversary.
Old 24-07-16, 01:19   #8
Cezar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
#25 was a three-part crossover spanning Tomb Raider #25, Witchblade #60, and a one-shot combination comic called Evo One. The story is called Endgame. Info here!
I know about this But TR Compendium published in 2006 included #25, so I don't understand why TR Archive won't. I have to wait for explanation from Crystals. I hope that there will be some Witchblade archive with TR #25, because without this issue the TR comic series is not complete.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-16, 01:23   #9
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Not really a comic person but I'm interested!
Old 24-07-16, 02:35   #10
Zreen001
Archaeologist

Definitely looking forward to this!
I got into the comic hype too late in the game,
this will be a chance to finally finish what got started.