www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Digital Experience > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-16, 22:39   #1
NoahCrofRaider
Archaeologist
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,272
Default Overall, how good is this game?

I'm asking because while I want to get this game, I'm not sure how fun it is or if it's even a well-built game.
__________________
In Your name, and for Your glory. Amen.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 06:57   #2
sackboy123
Tomb Raider
 
sackboy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 16,205
Default

It's a massive improvement from GOL and I really enjoyed it a lot, the puzzles are well thought out and the textures used are amazing, it's how the TRA Egypt section should have been.

The Co-op is amazing and well thought out too with the puzzles increasing difficulty depending how many players are in the session

I'll say go for it if you loved Classic Tomb Raider as the Lara Croft series is as close as Classic Tomb Raider as you can get
__________________
"Relax, you'll live longer" PSN - Unchartedfan001
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 09:48   #3
Nigel Cassidy
Professor
 
Nigel Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,411
Default

It is well-built, certainly. Though online co-op suffers from occasional crashes, but I guess online multiplayer is probably dead by now...

Compared to Guardian it takes three steps forward with better music, more big monsters and funny dialogue between the characters. It takes two steps backward with less variation in enemies and more confusing bonus items; the rings and amulets all look the same and you have read the description to see what they do, whereas in Guardian there were handy visual tools for that.

How fun it is... well that depends on what you call fun. Why don't you take a look at some playthroughs on YT?
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:00   #4
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

I don't care what anybody says, I agree with sackboy - it's a huge improvement over GoL. It's fun and light-hearted as opposed to GoL's more serious tone.
I'd be down to play it w/ you if you get it for PC or PS4
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:03   #5
Nigel Cassidy
Professor
 
Nigel Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,411
Default

Oh by the way, if you get it for PC you'll need an Xbox -or Steam controller, because playing it with mouse and keyboard is a nightmare...
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:26   #6
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Oh by the way, if you get it for PC you'll need an Xbox -or Steam controller, because playing it with mouse and keyboard is a nightmare...
No? It's waaaay easier than GoL was.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 11:49   #7
NoahCrofRaider
Archaeologist
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
It's a massive improvement from GOL and I really enjoyed it a lot, the puzzles are well thought out and the textures used are amazing, it's how the TRA Egypt section should have been.

The Co-op is amazing and well thought out too with the puzzles increasing difficulty depending how many players are in the session

I'll say go for it if you loved Classic Tomb Raider as the Lara Croft series is as close as Classic Tomb Raider as you can get
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
It is well-built, certainly. Though online co-op suffers from occasional crashes, but I guess online multiplayer is probably dead by now...

Compared to Guardian it takes three steps forward with better music, more big monsters and funny dialogue between the characters. It takes two steps backward with less variation in enemies and more confusing bonus items; the rings and amulets all look the same and you have read the description to see what they do, whereas in Guardian there were handy visual tools for that.

How fun it is... well that depends on what you call fun. Why don't you take a look at some playthroughs on YT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I don't care what anybody says, I agree with sackboy - it's a huge improvement over GoL. It's fun and light-hearted as opposed to GoL's more serious tone.
I'd be down to play it w/ you if you get it for PC or PS4
Okay, let's do that. Maybe I'll make a multiplayer thread for other LCTOO users to do co-op together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Oh by the way, if you get it for PC you'll need an Xbox -or Steam controller, because playing it with mouse and keyboard is a nightmare...
Trust me, I was already planning on playing it with Xbox controller.

I'm glad this game is pretty well-received, I plan on getting at the next Steam sale they have or I might get it prior to that, we'll see.
__________________
In Your name, and for Your glory. Amen.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 12:02   #8
ThatSassyKid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 8,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Okay, let's do that. Maybe I'll make a multiplayer thread for other LCTOO users to do co-op together.
Awesome!!!

Quote:
I plan on getting at the next Steam sale they have or I might get it prior to that, we'll see.
It usually gets stupidly cheap. Like, I mean I picked it up in the Summer Sale for $5
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 12:19   #9
NoahCrofRaider
Archaeologist
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
It usually gets stupidly cheap. Like, I mean I picked it up in the Summer Sale for $5
That does tend to happen, doesn't it?
__________________
In Your name, and for Your glory. Amen.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 13:16   #10
sackboy123
Tomb Raider
 
sackboy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 16,205
Default

I got two copies of the game, a Retail disk for PS4 and a digital copy from PS Store which was free for PS Plus that one time
__________________
"Relax, you'll live longer" PSN - Unchartedfan001
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.