www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 07-10-16, 23:04   #61
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with the cats and TR's 1 through 6 and the 4 classic expansions

I also love rope swings in TR4 and 5 as well. In fact i prefer rope swings in TR4 and 5 over the ones in the newer games.
Old 09-10-16, 11:18   #62
dinne
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
I also love rope swings in TR4 and 5 as well. In fact i prefer rope swings in TR4 and 5 over the ones in the newer games.
Same! I didn't appreciate the grapple hook since the first time but it could be implemented in a different way to be nice. Only, it's abused...
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 19:40   #63
Dimitriy
Student

TR4 and TR5 are my favorite TRs. I love how TR5 has the most diverse locations, puzzles are more difficult and more complex then in the previous TR games.
Dimitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 09:10   #64
umbrellatown
Hobbyist

When TRC came out in 2000 and my friend had already purchased it, I went to his house to take a look at it. I still remember how disappointed I was by the same old blocky graphics and the same old gameplay as in TR4, so I decided not to buy it.
I bought it in 2006 after TRL had gotten my attention back to Tomb Raider. I like the submarine and the Ireland parts, but unfortunately I've never completed the whole game because of some gamebreaking bug in the VCI levels (which were sh***y anyway).
umbrellatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 17:11   #65
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with the cats and TR's 1 through 6 and the 4 classic expansions

I understand why the VCI levels sucked because of how hard they are.
Old 08-11-16, 20:57   #66
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Unpolished, messy, random, buggy. Rome and Ireland are it's saving graces, but I could definitely live without it.

Unrelated, but Core screwed itself over by making a quick cash grab which utterly destroyed the production of their great new trilogy. Accidents happen.
Old 14-11-16, 06:23   #67
egypt_gypsie
Professor

^

Core didn't even want to make Chronicles. If anyone can be blamed for wanting some quick cash from the game, it would have been Eidos. Core wanted to take a bit of a break, where they could slowly develop a new TR game on the PS2. Instead they split them into two teams. One extremely mismanaged and disorganized team for AoD, and one team for Chronicles.

As far as the game goes, I replayed the Russia levels a lot. I used to get so frustrated by the hanging electric cords, ha. I also used to dread the Deep Sea Dive. I really enjoyed the cinematics in this game, and I also loved the premise of her being dead, and the stories actually being told amongst Lara's closest friends.

Last edited by egypt_gypsie; 14-11-16 at 06:25.
egypt_gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 23:57   #68
dinne
Historian

I've just replayed today but I am noticing that the first 2 levels, for now, are too much easy if compared to the other titles. :/
I didn't remembered that it was so much easy. I think that these levels could be remade in a more sophisticated and pretentious way.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-16, 00:04   #69
peeves
Legend

I'd say the only difficult part of trajan's markets is the centurian statue fight because sometimes even when you take the long way around you could still get hit if you're not lucky enough even when you try to jump away sideflip from the green energy he shoots then it'll go to lara and unless you're outta luck it'll miss you.
Old 29-11-16, 01:03   #70
NoahCrofRaider
Explorer

I think that although there weren't a lot of tombs in it, it was still a fantastic game.