www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 27-09-16, 19:18   #21
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ Yup, the animations (with an exception here and there) from the 1 quarter of the game are pretty good. The wrinkles in her face are great, though very underused and not noticeable most of the time.
Old 27-09-16, 23:13   #22
Matie
Professor

Thank you all so much for the feedback, I'm really glad you liked the screenshots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
What it does emphasis though is that she looks better with less hair around her face.
Ah yes, she does! Her cheeks look a bit weird in some angles if the hair isn't covering it up, but a bit less hair looks much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Maybe you could've made her breasts bigger to be more true to classic Lara and called the thread Remarkable New Title this.
Well, it's a fun idea, I'm focusing on a different kind of aesthetics though
I did try that feature just for fun, but it wasn't even half as funny as in TRU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I liked your screenshots a lot. They really help highlight that this game is beautiful despite what some members say.
Thanks I don't know, I feel like the gameplay doesn't really do justice for the beautiful environment. You just run through and shoot most of the time, you don't stop to look around and explore, as the gameplay is tied to the story and it's very action oriented. The areas that would have a lot of potential are only there for a cinematic or decoration; there's linearity but no verticality. You need to rush through a lot of areas and all the nice details just get lost in the process. This could be one reason, but not an excuse not to call this game beautiful, in my opinion. I wasn't pleased with certain areas either, but noticed that its beauty lies in the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
One thing I thought the Reboot games did exceptionally well was how they portrayed the ruins and abandonment of each location. For example, the mounds of skulls, mangled corpses, and ceremonial candles that line the walls in certain ruins. This is especially well done in a later location that will be covered.
Indeed, that was really well done, even though the amount of corpses got a bit too much at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I have taken the liberty to create a meme based on your very last screen.
Hah, I love it! :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientIo View Post
I have a request, could you do Mountain Temple?
Of course, I'm planning to go through the entire game!

Hmm, I went out of the boundaries a little. I don't know if anyone found these before (I know someone found stuff like this in the title screen):

There's a pink box aaand... these.

http://i.imgur.com/RfiaCGx.jpg

There's even a button prompt near it, but nothing happens.

http://i.imgur.com/nOqywA5.jpg

So this is where the puzzles disappeared to.

And one screenshot for now, I haven't even made any progress in gameplay, just walked around the shore, found some nice spots to take screens. I checked the lifeboat Lara points out

Last edited by Matie; 27-09-16 at 23:19.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 23:39   #23
Wooxman
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
Well, it's a fun idea, I'm focusing on a different kind of aesthetics though
I did try that feature just for fun, but it wasn't even half as funny as in TRU.
I used it today and it only works well with Lara's initial outfit. Once she gets the strap over her front, her boobs are squeezed down in a weird manner and her top "rips" open. The jiggle cheat works pretty well, though.

The placeholder screenshots are interesting. So when Crystal says that there're puzzles in TR2013, they actually mean hidden balls with puzzle piece symbols on them.

Last edited by Wooxman; 27-09-16 at 23:41.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-16, 00:20   #24
Daring Do
Relic Hunter

@Matie, could I use this as a reference for a possible drawing?

I really love the pose and expression!
Old 28-09-16, 00:24   #25
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

So that's where the reboot's puzzles went!

CD outdid themselves, the puzzles require more exploration than they ever did!
Old 28-09-16, 07:41   #26
SamCactus101
Professor

The one with the pink box is so freaking random LOLOLOL!
Old 04-10-16, 21:14   #27
Matie
Professor

@Daring Do: Sure, feel free to!

02 - Coastal Forest (full gallery)

This part took me quite some time, even though I left almost all the collectibles untouched. I spent 1 or 2 hours in the very first area alone, walking around this huge open area. I checked some shipwrecks, but other than the stuff in this post, I didn't find anything interesting. I took a lot of screenshots near the lifeboat.
The horizon here is gorgeous, as I stood there, I admired the sunlight peeking through the clouds and the lightnings flashing up around it, the birds flying by, the nicely lit waves...

I moved on to the next area to the plane, it started raining. Throughout the level it's raining on and off, it's a pretty nice touch, it changes the atmosphere of the areas slightly. The place is pretty gloomy, the gold-ish colours make it look special.

I tried to trick the camera here, but I couldn't do much, it only allows me to move it more freely in the very beginning of the sequence.

The lighting of the forest makes a big contrast compared to the beach, it's very bright, but still not too friendly, it looks kind of otherworldly to me.

Now that we have the bow, we can go hunting! I managed to capture this awesome expression from Lara, she looks really fierce here! If only she had expressions like this instead of continuously looking scared... I know that fits her situation better, but come on, she looks so badass like this!

The forest offered a lot of opportunities for screenshots of course.

I took a lot of hunting pics, they kind of tell a story I've been running around after some deers and doing so, I also had to check one of my settings and I had to find out that shadows on Normal look awful sometimes.

I have shadows on Normal, laptops can't handle them too well. I made a comparison just for fun.

I also made some silhouettes, the forest was the perfect place for that. I made a separate section for them.

The forest is truly beautiful with its waterfalls, particles and curvy trees.

I've just noticed the lights here, together with the shadows and the whole setting, this small little room makes quite an impression.

I saw some videos of this, so I tried it myself - I visited Sam and Mathias before the cutscene would start. Sam was sitting on the ground looking scared, Mathias was walking around talking. If I attacked him, he found back, when I left the area, he attacked Sam

By the way, too bad this place doesn't look nearly as good as on the concept art.

Somehow I managed to mess this wolf scene up by freezing Lara. the slowmotion became permanent and after taking some screenshots, the third wolf just appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Lara's throat. I could barely move the camera and the border of the screen is blurred, but at least it still allowed me to catch some better pics of Lara fighting in the bear trap.

I love the trees with the pink leaves here a lot for some reason, they look pretty together with the light blue sky. I've always been afraid of these wolves appearing from the dark, this part was done so right. I was allowed to move freely, unlinke later in the wolf cave with the QTE.

This last pathway's pretty, too! I got ahead of Whitman somehow when I checked the top of the pathway and...

...I ended up standing here, the cutscene didn't trigger. So I grabbed the opportunity to take some screenshots again.

I eneded up with 60 screenshots in the gallery this time, plus 10 silhouettes and a few bonus shots on the bottom of the page. This was a fun area, I was happy about the opportunities it offered for taking pics. Mountain Temple shall be interesting, too

Edit: by the way, I don't post-edit the screenshots, everything's in-game, even the first screenshot that looks like it has a lot of contrast. When you step into the shadow of the tree, the contrast goes up in game. The only ones that are kind of modified are the silhouettes, even those are using in-game methods through yamatai patch.
The only case I'll be forced to edit the screenshots will be if the crosshair and ammo counter are visible, I found no way to make them disappear.

Last edited by Matie; 04-10-16 at 21:26.
Old 04-10-16, 21:19   #28
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist

@Matie: Great screenshots Are you sure the concept art you posted wasn't for Summit Forrest?
Old 04-10-16, 21:21   #29
Revenge
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post

http://i.imgur.com/ZAjxVyx.jpg

I also made some silhouettes, the forest was the perfect place for that. I made a separate section for them.
I got to say all of your screenshots are just amazingly beautiful, but this one in particular is just breathtaking <3

Last edited by Rai; 05-10-16 at 18:05.
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 16:02   #30
Matie
Professor

Thank you both, glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Are you sure the concept art you posted wasn't for Summit Forrest?
I'm sure it's supposed to be this area where Lara meets Mathias. The setting is the same with the destroyed walls and rocks and the parachute thingy covering it.