www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 20-10-16, 22:24   #21
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
I never had a problem with the squirrel hair. I guess TressFX just stands out so badly because everyone else in the game has hair that looks like it's sculpted out of play-doh whereas Lara's is clumpy and flies around wildly.

Yeah, you can see the individual strands of her hair, but each one is the thickness of a piece of pork. That's not how hair works. Granted we're a long way off from having truly realistic hair physics with strands of hair having their own weight, length and individually affected by gravity and wind, but here it just looks silly.
I still think it's a lot better in the DE than it is on PC
Old 21-10-16, 04:02   #22
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

My biggest issue with it is how unoptimized it is on PC while consoles got a better version of it. Its the main frame rate killer in the game >.> thankfully looked and behaved better in rise.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-16, 10:02   #23
trin_303
Archaeologist

My laptop can't handle TressFX, but I never saw it as a problem because quite honestly, the normal hair looked so much better and much more accurate on dirty Lara.
Old 21-10-16, 16:54   #24
Lyle Croft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
My biggest issue with it is how unoptimized it is on PC while consoles got a better version of it. Its the main frame rate killer in the game >.> thankfully looked and behaved better in rise.
Well I think the consoles got another version of TressFX, plus the levels of detail are scaled back on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Anyone else think the beta melee finishers look better than the final ones?
They are tbh, I honestly hate how sloppy Lara's kills are in the final. (I know she's a beginner, but still)

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 21-10-16 at 16:56.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-16, 17:03   #25
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

And the camera angles. Idk, they look more finished
Old 21-10-16, 18:50   #26
Revenge
Archaeologist

I actually prefer the non Tress FX hair in TR2013, it looks more like hair 'cause the Tress FX one looks too much like it has been drowning into shampoo for three weeks, plus the hair itself is all over the place and don't look that natural. But for a start it's good, hair is probably the most complicated thing to do and animate in a video game I guess.
For Rise I would prefer the non TressFx hair if it wasn't jumping around and glitching all the time like it drank too much coffee (weird wind physics), but the TressFx hair in Rise still looks much better than in TR2013, even if it's a bit too "puffy" like people like to call it
Old 21-10-16, 21:33   #27
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
And the camera angles. Idk, they look more finished
Ikr, why did they change it. She also looks a little closer to the turning point model... kinda.
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 00:14   #28
Lyle Croft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I actually prefer the non Tress FX hair in TR2013, it looks more like hair 'cause the Tress FX one looks too much like it has been drowning into shampoo for three weeks, plus the hair itself is all over the place and don't look that natural. But for a start it's good, hair is probably the most complicated thing to do and animate in a video game I guess.
For Rise I would prefer the non TressFx hair if it wasn't jumping around and glitching all the time like it drank too much coffee (weird wind physics), but the TressFx hair in Rise still looks much better than in TR2013, even if it's a bit too "puffy" like people like to call it
I honestly love the Style of her TressFX hair in TR2013/TRDE

The physics itself was a bit iffy, but it was new tech at the time.

Old 22-10-16, 22:00   #29
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post

Like. would we rather have the hair from the PS3 version? I mean... reaaaallly???????????????????

I just. I don't believe it.
Well, Believe it cause I would . The TressFX is ugly AF a lot of the time. It constantly looks like she has had a cut and blow dry in the salon and floats around like crazy. Real hair does not act like that. The PS3 hair, to me, is more akin to real hair which moves more as a body. It's personal preference and obviouly the TressFX is gonna be in every game considering they went out their way to create it but it's not good, not in my opinion.
Old 23-10-16, 05:32   #30
Yeauxleaux
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
The physics itself was a bit iffy, but it was new tech at the time.
Tbh though the physics of the old hair wasn't exactly on-point either, which is why I don't understand all this "oh the physics are bad!" that people (not so much yourself) are talking about...

...Like they were any better before?

The sausage ponytail was still blowing all over the place defying gravity with the slightest gust of wind, that hardly had realistic movement.

Even before TR2013...

Lara been had a stoned AF crazy ponytail, that's not a new feature that's come in with tressfx