www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 07-01-17, 00:47   #131
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Honestly, I think that, to the Hollywood folk, the dead archaeologist parents are probably just part of the Lara Croft mythology as they know it. Most of them are probably more familiar with the films than they are with the games and even then, Crystal is pushing the same misguided family drama concept as the films did and I doubt most of the people working on the new film are overly familiar with the classic games or how much the original character differs from her current iteration. My guess is that they just think it's an inherent aspect of the character because they don't know any better.
Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that too. They probably only know Lara from the movies (as it seems most people in films industry don't game to begin with). I loved Angelina's portrayal and I didn't mind the story in the film. I thought of it as just another take on TR, like a fan-fiction...

But then Crystal ran with it in LAU and it's been a plague ever since. I wish the people involved with TR would just drop it already. It's gotten so tired out.

Can't say I have a lot of hope for the Reboot movie, but I was sort of indifferent to begin with (only hoping it's better than TR2013 since I hate the story in that). I like Alicia at least... so that might be its one saving grace for me. We'll see I guess.

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 07-01-17 at 00:49.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 11:33   #132
Avalon SARL
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that too. They probably only know Lara from the movies (as it seems most people in films industry don't game to begin with). I loved Angelina's portrayal and I didn't mind the story in the film. I thought of it as just another take on TR, like a fan-fiction...

But then Crystal ran with it in LAU and it's been a plague ever since. I wish the people involved with TR would just drop it already. It's gotten so tired out.

Can't say I have a lot of hope for the Reboot movie, but I was sort of indifferent to begin with (only hoping it's better than TR2013 since I hate the story in that). I like Alicia at least... so that might be its one saving grace for me. We'll see I guess.
I am fearful too about the movie especially that it is going to be criticized so much, and compared a lot to the original movie and who knows what more is there going to be.

Developers need to know, a story can be good for a game but not for a movie. A game has its own world: different mood, gameplay, music, challenges; things that make a player connected to it, but that cannot be done in a movie so a good story is a must.
Assassins Creed movie is a big example about that.

Lara is coming back in an all new adventure to the big screen.
Doing what?

Searching for her father