www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-12-16, 01:03   #11
BigR4444
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Great write up!

It is a shame that this game seems to have gone under the radar a bit. It deserves the recognition.
Lol
It's unfathomable that were using such language in regards to a franchise of this magnitude....
Lara Croft is a household name... people who don't play video games know who she is; and here we are talking about it "going under the radar"...

That should indicate that there is a serious problem with the way the franchise is being represented right now.

There were only about a thousand of us around here talking about the repercussions this deal might have on the franchise's standing amongst the public... it seems we were right... (pats self on back)

Seriously though... they have a lot of work to do as far as the brand goes if they want Shadow to be successful
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 01:45   #12
iWANEX
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Seriously though... they have a lot of work to do as far as the brand goes if they want Shadow to be successful
I think Microsoft screwed up big time. They gave Rise 0 promotion and don't let me get started on the release date against Fallout. Very very very poor decisions one after another. I have no idea what they were thinking. What they showed was pretty bad too. Reboot's Day One trailer is still one of the best action-adventure game trailers I have ever seen in my life and none of Rise's trailers seemed as good as that one. The only one that came close to that is the 20 Year Celebration trailer and that happened after the deal was over.

As far as what they need to do if they want a successful game in the future, here's a few things I would do: promote the hell out of it with amazing trailers, billboards, get Conan play the new game like he did with the Reboot (I'm amazed at how many people watched that video) and release it as a multiplatform title on a week without new releases. It's definitely NOT THAT HARD, huh Microsoft?
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 02:56   #13
larafan25
Legend

The TReboot trailer was better because:

The general concept of the game was more than that for ROTTR. They said "this is Lara Croft's origin story AND it's a reboot!" which makes it automatically more exciting. Not to mention the game itself has more location diversity and more cutscenes to show. The story also seemed a little bit more winding in the first game, than it was in Rise. Rise seemed more simplistic and with fewer and further between cutscenes to me.

In general, I think they had more diversity and scenes to work with for that TReboot trailer. Without actually giving too much away.

edit:

"BEST TOMB RAIDER GAME WE'VE PLAYED" - Zoo

Someone get them some help ASAP.

Last edited by larafan25; 09-12-16 at 02:58.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 03:00   #14
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist

Microsoft did a horrible job with promo of Rise, I will say that much. They spent all of their time with promo for Fallout 4.
Old 09-12-16, 03:05   #15
Daring Do
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Microsoft did a horrible job with promo of Rise, I will say that much. They spent all of their time with promo for Fallout 4.
Pretty much. I saw TV commercials for Fallout 4 a few months before it's release. While RotTR aired their's only a week before their release, usually lumped in with other Xbone games. They did a horrendous job marketing the game. Remember when it took a whole year just to get any news about it aside from the E3 teaser trailer? That was rough.
Old 09-12-16, 03:17   #16
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
Pretty much. I saw TV commercials for Fallout 4 a few months before it's release. While RotTR aired their's only a week before their release, usually lumped in with other Xbone games. They did a horrendous job marketing the game. Remember when it took a whole year just to get any news about it aside from the E3 teaser trailer? That was rough.
Right! Then I see how PS4 did with their promo of Rise, they treated her good.
Old 09-12-16, 03:40   #17
Rai

SE also stepped up with the marketing for the PS4 version I thought the idea was to get Xbox One sales of the game for the initial release in '15., yet Rise got so little time. Guess they really wanted to go with the 20th celebration angle.
Old 09-12-16, 04:34   #18
SamCactus101
Professor

Haha finally Kotaku comes to their senses.
Old 30-12-16, 23:35   #19
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Let's just hope Shadow won't receive the same utterly unfair treatment from its publishers that Rise did , and all will be good .
Old 10-01-17, 01:56   #20
Jankrow
Explorer

Microsoft was a blight on it. It didn't need Microsoft to do well. It would have done extremely well on its own, just like the first one. Everything was fine until they stepped in. All they caused did was kneecap it. Let them make their own frigging AAA action/adventure title and grow it like how Sony did with Uncharted instead of trying to poach existing multi platform ones.