www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 02-01-17, 18:27   #11
JimbobJeffers
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCroft25 View Post
Excellent work so far!!! Well, IMO you'll have a HUGE work to do... textures' quality in TRA is truly bad!!!
Could I make a suggestion? In order for the game to accumulate a truly HD effect, it would be really nice to change the water textures into more ''realistic'' ones (Like the ones in Next-Gen TRL, or the XBOX360-PS3 ports of TRA). Of course, if it's difficult or impossible, it's ok
Merry Christmas... and keep up the good work
Thanks! About the water, it doesn't look like TRL's water has any surface textures, unless my display settings are configured incorrectly. TRA has a few different textures for its water which gives ripples on the surface and reflections on the walls, are you wanting these made blank? I'd love to look through the PS3 trilogy edition's textures as I've got the game, but unfortunately I can't get the files to extract.

Small update, I've added the finished HUD mod. This includes textures for all the guns (including the Golden Shotgun and Silver SMGs, which are coloured like the in-game ones now), Lara's journal and the blue grapple icons. Download in the original post!

JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 20:09   #12
JohnCroft25
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
Thanks! About the water, it doesn't look like TRL's water has any surface textures, unless my display settings are configured incorrectly. TRA has a few different textures for its water which gives ripples on the surface and reflections on the walls, are you wanting these made blank? I'd love to look through the PS3 trilogy edition's textures as I've got the game, but unfortunately I can't get the files to extract.

Small update, I've added the finished HUD mod. This includes textures for all the guns (including the Golden Shotgun and Silver SMGs, which are coloured like the in-game ones now), Lara's journal and the blue grapple icons. Download in the original post!

Very nice update, as usual Well, I don't like that the water in the PC port of TRA is so ''colourful''... I like the fact that in PS3 and XBOX360 port it has that ''greyish'', more realistic look.
JohnCroft25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 20:24   #13
JimbobJeffers
Student

Aaah, I see what you mean. As far as I can tell, the TRA water is something hardcoded or otherwise not accessible through Texmod, as the textures are greyscale. So I don't think there's anything I can do to change it's colour, sorry!
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 00:22   #14
IncultaWolf
Student

I don't know if it's just the new HD model for Lara in the PS3 trilogy, but the overall game looks way better than any other port for Anniversary, except for the bugs, aka white glove texture when dirt effects are applied. I noticed Larson and Pierre had an updated model too, I couldn't notice if anyone else did. Also the intro cutscene where Natla is introduced, the screen has a different effect on it than the other platform versions. Also during the same scene, if you look at the windows in the background, you can actually see the city from them. Before there was just a generic texture covering them it looks like.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 02:19   #15
JohnCroft25
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
Aaah, I see what you mean. As far as I can tell, the TRA water is something hardcoded or otherwise not accessible through Texmod, as the textures are greyscale. So I don't think there's anything I can do to change it's colour, sorry!
It's OK... I appreciate the fact that you took my suggestions into consideration Happy New Year and keep up the great work
JohnCroft25 is online now   Reply With Quote