www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 04-01-17, 16:41   #1
NoahCrofRaider
Explorer

Default Which direction would you prefer to see in Tomb Raider's future?

Which of these directions or things do you want to see in Tomb Raider's future?

-After the third reboot game Lara has become the "Tomb Raider" and the games start to be more like the classics or LAU.

-After the third reboot game the series gets rebooted again and it's something like the classics or LAU.

-Crystal rounds up old Core Design members and lets them takes over the Lara Croft series

-Things go as they've been for the last year or two (As in we get a Lara Croft that year and a Tomb Raider game the next year)

-Other (Please Explain)

Honestly I'm fine with an of these.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 14-01-17 at 20:26.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 16:48   #2
Phlip
Legend

After the third reboot game, the next one makes some mechanical, writing and VA changes to a more classic (Core, not LAU) direction without fully rebooting.

Or they have AoD Lara wake up outside the Louvre from being knocked out and LAU/reboot was all a dream. XD
Old 04-01-17, 16:51   #3
larafan25
Legend

We're assuming that they (who??) are sticking to the format of releasing... a big game, and other smaller (??) titles. And if this is the case, I am totally fine with them making a classic game in place of the smaller (??) titles. However, if they want to make a classic game in place of the big game, sure!

I just want them to fit a classic Tomb Raider game in there somewhere.
Old 04-01-17, 16:53   #4
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
-After the third reboot game the series gets rebooted again and it's something like the classics or LAU.
That.

Or:
Quote:
-Other (Please Explain)
(big surprise) Give the LC series equal footing with the TR series so I can enjoy the former and ignore the latter.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 16:57   #5
ESCachuli
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
After the third reboot game, the next one makes some mechanical, writing and VA changes to a more classic (Core, not LAU) direction without fully rebooting.

Or they have AoD Lara wake up outside the Louvre from being knocked out and LAU/reboot was all a dream. XD
This.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 17:27   #6
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
This. Though I doubt it will happen anytime soon.
If the upcoming Hollywood tomb raider film becomes a success then Square/Crystal will no doubt want to keep the same visual style and universe as the films. And the film is reportedly based on the reboot universe. In which case a soft reboot is the best we can hope for. I doubt we'll get to see anything close to a full on reboot back to something like the tone of the classics or even LAU anytime soon.
Maybe 10-15 years from now we may be so lucky though.
Old 04-01-17, 20:44   #7
Heidi_w_
Archaeologist

A continuation of Lara's current story, starting with her around age 25 and by now fairly well established as an archaeologist/adventurer. Hopefully showing her dealing with her demons from Yamatai -- it would be nice to see her still struggling to cope with the events of the island several years later, as I think it's been a lost opportunity so far.

Technology will continue to evolve, giving Lara an even more realistic look and hopefully more varied/fluid movements, but I would like to see the book closed on Trinity after the third chapter of the trilogy. Bring in a new adversary with different goals/motives, maybe some that Lara will misinterpret their actions -- would love to see her come to terms with say the mistaken taking an innocent life, something that would give yet another layer to her character. There are so many possibilities, they're really only just scratched the surface.
Old 05-01-17, 00:40   #8
JoelCaesar
Historian

Quote:
\
-After the third reboot game, Lara has become the "Tomb Raider" and the games start to be more like the classics or LAU.
This. However, I still want the reboot style but I want Lara to be CONFIDENT.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-17, 07:29   #9
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I want to see mature and experienced Lara with her classic attitude, raiding for the thrill and satisfaction of uncovering artifacts.
Old 05-01-17, 14:31   #10
Shirley_Manson
Professor

I'd like to see the Reboot trilogy come to an end finally, in a direction it's been going all these years, with the continuation of Reboot story and gameplay (although I despise the current story). It would be really cruel to Reboot fans if something else happened. I know how horrible for me it was to find out AOD would never get a sequel and the story will forever be left unfinished.

After that I'd like a soft reboot, which takes more influence from classic games, both in story and gamplay. Also, Lara's character growth should never, and I mean NEVER be the point of TR again.