www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-17, 13:42   #24121
suli
Archaeologist
 
suli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,276
Default

this is my first final fantasy ever and i'm really enjoying it. tracking and defeating deadeye was tons of fun and riding the chocoboo..i started playing last night and i'm at the fourth chapter with noctis powered to level 16. I'm really having lots of fun. my only quip is the graphics. they looks really bad for a current gen game. I dunno if it's got to do with the fact that the game has been in development for 10 years. but some parts look really really bad.
__________________
"She's just one girl!" - "That one girl is kicking our asses!"
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 19:44   #24122
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider
 
Hyper_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 16,365
Default

XV is potentially one of my top 3 FF soundtracks, so much goodness and very reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts but more mature sounding (yes I know, same composer )





(Sad this one didn't make it into the final product)








Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 20:23   #24123
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
XV is potentially one of my top 3 FF soundtracks, so much goodness and very reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts but more mature sounding (yes I know, same composer )
Where is Ardyn's theme?

It's my favourite! (and its darker version is awesome too)
__________________
Walk tall
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:45   #24124
ultima espio
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,607
Default

It's reminding me of Lightning returns a bit, with all the quests and stuff. Loving it, but only on chapter 8 so far.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 11:18   #24125
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima espio View Post
It's reminding me of Lightning returns a bit, with all the quests and stuff. Loving it, but only on chapter 8 so far.
Chapter 9 onwards it'll remind you of XIII's first 10 chapters instead
__________________
Walk tall
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 14:17   #24126
suli
Archaeologist
 
suli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,276
Default

Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game. I never touched a FF game before, I always thought they were complicated. but I'm really loving this. any ideas what FF game to play next after I finish this? I heard that FF9 is like the pinnacle of the series.
__________________
"She's just one girl!" - "That one girl is kicking our asses!"
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 14:39   #24127
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game. I never touched a FF game before, I always thought they were complicated. but I'm really loving this. any ideas what FF game to play next after I finish this? I heard that FF9 is like the pinnacle of the series.
Glad you're enjoying it!

It truly is one hell of a game! (and it'll continue to mutate into something better, according to creator Hajime Tabata, with new updates and tweaks and its DLCs)

About the other games, the general consensus is that VII is the pinnacle of the series. I can't say I agree, I find IX MUCH better (and the one with the best locations and soundtrack, among other perfect things it delivers).

Go for IX. It's incredible. Though don't expect a dynamic battle system. Plus it's nothing like XV (no other entry is).
__________________
Walk tall

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 12-01-17 at 14:41.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 14:43   #24128
suli
Archaeologist
 
suli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Glad you're enjoying it!

It truly is one hell of a game! (and it'll continue to mutate into something better, according to creator Hajime Tabata, with new updates and tweaks and its DLCs)

About the other games, the general consensus is that VII is the pinnacle of the series. I can't say I agree, I find IX MUCH better (and the one with the best locations and soundtrack, among other perfect things it delivers).

Go for IX. It's incredible. Though don't expect a dynamic battle system. Plus it's nothing like XV (no other entry is).
I'll go for it. I'm dreading the battle system though.
__________________
"She's just one girl!" - "That one girl is kicking our asses!"
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 15:04   #24129
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 12,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
I'll go for it. I'm dreading the battle system though.

I personally like it, but it feels like a downgrade after VIII's.

Which consoles do you have?

If you have a PS3 or PS4, you can get X/X-2 remaster (an awesome game and, IMO, its awesome sequel). And XII is getting a rerelease soon too (and it has many similarities with XV and a more dynamic battle system). You have options.
__________________
Walk tall
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 15:38   #24130
suli
Archaeologist
 
suli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I personally like it, but it feels like a downgrade after VIII's.

Which consoles do you have?

If you have a PS3 or PS4, you can get X/X-2 remaster (an awesome game and, IMO, its awesome sequel). And XII is getting a rerelease soon too (and it has many similarities with XV and a more dynamic battle system). You have options.
omg I was looking on the net and the x/x2 remaster caught my attention. I will be getting that next as I don't feel like resurrecting my old PSs back from death. I read about FF12 remaster but can you clarify what this zodiac thingy is? I thought it was a new mode or something.
__________________
"She's just one girl!" - "That one girl is kicking our asses!"
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.