Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 26-08-07, 16:20   #1
dimple1

Default All done

I have finished playing Legend and enjoyed it very much. I was bemused by the ending though, is there a follow on after this?

The only annoyance for me was when, as I mentioned in a previous thread, my direction keys didnt work if the camera was at a different angle. That was ok but rather difficult on the scenes where Lara needed to jump or move as bits were crumbling.

Please can you telll me which one is as good as this to play next? I am stuck on TR Anniversary as I am unable to kill the centaurs no matter how many times i try.

Over the years that I have played PC/X-Box games, I have avoided Lara Croft as I preferred First Person games. However, I have become a fan of hers now and would like to play more if they are as good (to me) as this one. I am a senior 65F and though my fingers are not nimble I enjoy gaming.
Thank you for your help
Dimple
dimple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 17:41   #2
la-la-lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimple1 View Post
I have finished playing Legend and enjoyed it very much. I was bemused by the ending though, is there a follow on after this?

The only annoyance for me was when, as I mentioned in a previous thread, my direction keys didnt work if the camera was at a different angle. That was ok but rather difficult on the scenes where Lara needed to jump or move as bits were crumbling.

Please can you telll me which one is as good as this to play next? I am stuck on TR Anniversary as I am unable to kill the centaurs no matter how many times i try.

Over the years that I have played PC/X-Box games, I have avoided Lara Croft as I preferred First Person games. However, I have become a fan of hers now and would like to play more if they are as good (to me) as this one. I am a senior 65F and though my fingers are not nimble I enjoy gaming.
Thank you for your help
Dimple
Well, I tell you that my favourite TR is The Last Revelation. I think you should try it.
la-la-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 18:57   #3
FireMagic

keep shooting the centars untill they get rage, do the adrenalin shooting thing and then they will show their shild grple hook it and pull, when they try turn u to stone use the shild like a mirror
FireMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 19:29   #4
Mytly

Quote:
Yes, the next game will be a sequel of Legend, and will continue its story. See this section for more details.

Quote:
Yes, this was a very frustrating aspect of Legend's controls. The only solution is to keep the camera constantly behind Lara as she is jumping around - not always easy, of course. In some places, the camera keeps swinging back to its original awkward angle.

Quote:
Well, I personally think all the TR games are good, but none of the previous games are anything like Legend. If you want to start from the beginning, go for Tomb Raider 1 (the one which TR Anniversary is based on). Or if you find the old graphics too clunky, maybe you could try TR: the Last Revelation. Both are amazing games, and good for lots of entertainment.

As for the centaurs - I sympathize. I have been stuck there for nearly a week myself.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 19:42   #5
dimple1

Thank you Mytly for your replies. ..also to all who have posted their suggestions regarding my next game.

Regarding TR Anniversary, I find it strange that I've faced every challenge in every game I have played, plus the bullet dodge in Max Payne which is similar, yet for some reason I cannot do that adrenaline dodge. It is the first game I have ever left unfinished. I don't like that! Grrrr....

I am now gameless! If the first few TR is available on X-Box I might be able to get a used one cheaper than new. Meanwhile, I will try again on those annoying creatures who I know I enrage, but what they do to MY meter is not printable!
Enjoy your gaming
dimple
Old 27-08-07, 00:19   #6
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
If the first few TR is available on X-Box I might be able to get a used one cheaper than new.
TR1-5 are only available on PC and PlayStation (and I think TR1 is on Dreamcast as well), and TR6 is only on PC and PS2. Only Legend and Anniversary are on Xbox. The games might be a little difficult to find on PC. You can try out the demos here:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/index.html

I'm not sure if the TR1 demo will work (there are some issues running TR1 on Windows XP) but the other demos should be fine (just click on the other games on the right menu and find their demo sections)
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 22:36   #7
dimple1

Thanks for the info. I acutally prefer PC games so will see if I can pick up any of the earlier games. ..maybe the Centaurs are easier to beat on X-Box!
However, I play the games on laptop in my sitting room and it is comfier!
Nice to meet you all, I have read ALOT of letters and stuff and had to laugh at one young man who 'used to play when he was young and is too old maybe now". Hey, you're never too old to play new games. I am having the time of my life!
Dimple
Old 12-09-07, 21:44   #8
dimple1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Yes, the next game will be a sequel of Legend, and will continue its story. See this section for more details.

Yes, this was a very frustrating aspect of Legend's controls. The only solution is to keep the camera constantly behind Lara as she is jumping around - not always easy, of course. In some places, the camera keeps swinging back to its original awkward angle.

Well, I personally think all the TR games are good, but none of the previous games are anything like Legend. If you want to start from the beginning, go for Tomb Raider 1 (the one which TR Anniversary is based on). Or if you find the old graphics too clunky, maybe you could try TR: the Last Revelation. Both are amazing games, and good for lots of entertainment.

As for the centaurs - I sympathize. I have been stuck there for nearly a week myself.

I finished Legend and went back to Anniversary and the centaurs stopped me. I did try the Last Revelation but it wouldnt work on my pc. Also I am not familiar with the original Lara Croft and prefer and didnt like the way she moved. I am used to WADSto move her. I will try yet another weekend try at anniversary.
Hope you are ok
dimple
Old 12-09-07, 22:05   #9
Legend of Lara

Hmph, I beat Legend ages ago. On PS2 that is. The PSP version is utter HELL with its absolutely awful controls!
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 22:10   #10
gothicca

You should try playing it on the DS. Touch screen stylus + Tomb Raider = Not good. Stick with the GC and much preferred PC version for me.
gothicca is offline   Reply With Quote