Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 29-03-18, 16:49   #21
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
OH MY GOSH! This looks so awesome! And that Island level, bravo! It's looks so atmospheric and pretty. Definitely going to keep an eye on this.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Put a water room above a normal one on Sophia's part and when Lara reaches that hight (in a dry room) Sophia will escaladate in the water room and die.
IDK if this works, I never tried tr3 engine.
I'm considering doing some technic to avoid actually flooding the place, same as the other authors have done it: I have to put a trigger to flood the room and immediatly drain it, so the player will not notice that that's how she actually died.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-18, 17:14   #22
Danath

Talking

You could try having the fuse box quickly activate and deactivate the alternate flooded room so Sophia dies. And put the box in a place that you cannot quickly turn around and see the flood actually happen.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 15:47   #23
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
You could try having the fuse box quickly activate and deactivate the alternate flooded room so Sophia dies. And put the box in a place that you cannot quickly turn around and see the flood actually happen.
The fuse box doesn't work, but I'm replacing it with a simple switch
Old 13-04-18, 14:44   #24
Feder

Post Updates

There has been some updates:

1.- The island level is almost finished I don't want to spoil it so much (because it will have its little surprises) but here is a screenshot of the progress so far !

2.- I've been thinking about the Sophia level and came up with some changings in the level order and the storyline. The Office level turns out to be very similar to the Museum level, and I think it can bore the player. Plus there was that killing Sophia problem, so I may put it at the end, like a bonus level (Nightmare In Vegas style).

Let me know about your thoughts, as always, they are welcome
Old 13-04-18, 15:43   #25
Wolf 7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
There has been some updates:

1.- The island level is almost finished I don't want to spoil it so much (because it will have its little surprises) but here is a screenshot of the progress so far !

My gosh! So beautiful! I almost can't belive you're using TR3 engine ... anyway I'm in love with the textures, they remind me Tomb Raider Chronicles the Ireland part ... my favourite part of the whole game (That was quite bad ...). The Atmosphere is good too but, I don't wanna criticize, in the bottom on the left there's a little part totally black ... and it seems quite unreal for an outside environment
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 07:02   #26
Caesum

Oh wow, this looks like a perfect connection between TR3 PSX lighting and TRC art direction.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 09:39   #27
bigfoot

Indeed. The lighting is great and the choise of textures exellent.
I have loved the first release of this adventure and I'm very impatient to play this new one .
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 13:53   #28
Danath

Thumbs up

Wow that castle shot looks amazing! Great job.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 14:26   #29
Titak

Looking good, Feder!

Looking forward to playing another one of your games. I like the previous ones.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 15:54   #30
Feder

Thank you all for your comments I hope not to dissapoint anyone with the final release

Lighting still is a real challenge for me, but I'm trying to do my best about the dark spot on the left, since I'm trying to create a sunset environment, that shadow would be from another building. Still, maybe it is pretty dark for an outside part. I'll put down the intensity a little to see if it looks better.