Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 14-04-15, 11:07   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow Some random Tomb Raider Videos/Glitches/Discoveries

I've put together some random Tomb Raider videos and wanted to share them. There are five in total and they'll all together in this Thread.

You Don't Need Guns To Kill Enemies:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2F...ature=youtu.be

Here I show you ways in which you can kill enemies without needing to remove your guns from your pockets. This video exists mostly for entertainment purposes.

In Tibetan Foothills you see me run over five enemies with the Snowmobile. I then let them kill me and they then all walked into the Snowmobile and killed themselves. I also killed a Snowmobile Enemy by shooting him but then get knocked to my death at the same time.
In High Security Compound you see me drown four Prisoners and two MP Guys all at the same time with water. You also see me kill a Gunman with a laser and several Prisoners with doors.
In Nevada Desert you see me drive through an open gate which had electricity flowing through it, causing me to go crashing to my death while taking two enemies down with me.
In The River Ganges I killed a bird with my Quad Bike but then fell to my death.
In Area 51 I killed an M Guy with a laser, and a different Mp Guy killed a Prisoner with a laser.
In Lud's Gate I allowed three of the Damned to attack me but they weren't doing any harm, I then shot and killed two of them. I then killed a Gunman but ran out of air and drowned at the same time.
In RX-Tech Mines I killed a Mutant with my Mine Kart but then got poisoned which would've eventually meant death. I then ran over the same Mutant on a different clip and then went crashing to my death.

That Awkward Moment When The Mutants Go Into Stupid Mode:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkeU...ature=youtu.be

Here in RX-Tech Mines, Tomb Raider 3, we see some rather dumb behaviours from the Mutants.

Two Mutants randomly walk into the icy water and kill themselves.
Another Mutant steps over a gap and then falls into an area that he shouldn't be able to step into.

The Diver Will Kill You:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_E...ature=youtu.be

The Diver in Lud's Gate, Tomb Raider 3, seems to automatically kill you if you touch him while he's not moving, and in Active Mode.

If you touch him while he's inactive, then this doesn't harm you. If you touch him while he's active but while he's running off, then this doesn't harm you. If you touch him while he's active but not moving, then this somehow kills you.
He must be wearing some very dangerous swimwear!

Looks Like I'm Trapped In Sophia Leigh's Office And An Area 51 Crawlspace Forever:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwi9...ature=youtu.be

Here I show you ways in which it's possible to find yourself permanently trapped in City and Area 51, Tomb Raider 3.

In City, I performed a Crawl Bug which somehow caused the door to close, leaving me trapped in Sophia Leigh's Office, as I wasn't able to get the door to re-open.
In Area 51 I made it to the first Secret without being seen by the Gunman who seals the Secret off. I then alerted him by shooting and he then sealed it off, trapping me inside.
The Glitch that I performed in City is an interesting one; it's interesting how it can cause a door to close in this level. In High Security Compound, I managed to open Lara's Cell Door by using this Glitch. It would be interesting to see if any other doors can be opened or closed this way; it could really be used to our advantage in some cases.

You Don't Need Lasers To Open Doors:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxXq...ature=youtu.be

Here I show you an alternative way of opening your Cell Door in High Security Compound, Tomb Raider 3.

Normally you'd jump backwards and the lasers that are behind you will open the door. But instead, I performed the Crawl Bug and this somehow opened the door.
This find is all but useless; I don't really see how this can be of use but it's still interesting how the Glitch opened the door. Perhaps there are other doors in the game that can be opened or closed this way, and maybe it could be of service with other doors.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 15:48   #2
peeves

Nice discoveries but i already knew about the high security compound door trigger one at the beginning of the level.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 16:36   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
Nice discoveries but i already knew about the high security compound door trigger one at the beginning of the level.
Thanks.
Old 15-04-15, 18:17   #4
Patrick Shannon

Yes, that crawl corner bug is certainly useful for glitching through closed doors.

I just finished a beautiful little TRLE game, Road to Olympia, by Talos.

http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2822

However, it has a difficult timed run to get through a briefly-opened door that gives access to another courtyard. After my fingers finally wore out using the controller, I gave up and used the crawl corner bug alongside the closed door, and it opened!

Apparently, the bug creates Lara's "presence" in the square beyond the door, just enough to trigger it to open and stay open, as if she had successfully sprinted through!
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 18:34   #5
peeves

The crawl corner bug is very useful in alot of those moments.
Old 16-04-15, 22:36   #6
Hiroyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Two Mutants randomly walk into the icy water and kill themselves.
Another Mutant steps over a gap and then falls into an area that he shouldn't be able to step into.
That seems similar to the glitch in Crash Site being discussed in another thread where you can get the T-Rex to drown by getting it to walk into a pool
Hiroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-15, 15:58   #7
peeves

That glitch with the mutants and ice water is interesting along with the t-rex and water.
Old 18-04-15, 12:10   #8
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Shannon View Post
Yes, that crawl corner bug is certainly useful for glitching through closed doors.

I just finished a beautiful little TRLE game, Road to Olympia, by Talos.

http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2822

However, it has a difficult timed run to get through a briefly-opened door that gives access to another courtyard. After my fingers finally wore out using the controller, I gave up and used the crawl corner bug alongside the closed door, and it opened!

Apparently, the bug creates Lara's "presence" in the square beyond the door, just enough to trigger it to open and stay open, as if she had successfully sprinted through!
I'm completely new to the Glitch myself. I only stumbled upon it in High Security Compound and City and shared it because I found it very interesting.

It seems it's already a known thing and that you have an understanding of it, and I've learnt something from your explaination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
That seems similar to the glitch in Crash Site being discussed in another thread where you can get the T-Rex to drown by getting it to walk into a pool
I think it might have something to do with positioning. It's in the Mutant's AI to aim for Lara and I think her positioning might effect where enemies go in order to try and attack her. Perhaps my positioning was what resulted in them moving and trying to reach me but instead they moved into a death pit.

It's interesting because it's possible for the Flamethrower Guy to walk into the same water, and that's caused by the positioning of the Mutant who spawns just before that area. Perhaps it causes the Flamethrower Guy to attempt to go after the Mutant but instead he steps into a death pit.

With the T-Rex, it could be that Lara's positioning effects where the T-Rex goes. Or the Raptor's/Soldier's positioning effects where the T-Rex goes.
Ultimately, resulting in him stepping into a death pit.

I might be barking up the complete wrong tree, but that would be my first guess.
Old 18-04-15, 15:19   #9
peeves

I also found that interesting when the flamethrower guy fell into the water.
Old 20-04-15, 13:54   #10
Guillaume coco

good thread but there are a other way to kill guard

find by apel :

look in 1:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_-cpTW3y28

when you load the game. the doors is in position close a very short instant. you can"t see. it too fast. and the door pass in the position open.

Last edited by Guillaume coco; 20-04-15 at 13:58.
Guillaume coco is offline   Reply With Quote