Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 21-04-15, 15:51   #21
peeves

First there is atlantis from TR1 then Temple of xian from TR2 then Tinnos from TR3.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 23:11   #22
yeti

RX Tech Mines or Tinnos

Tech Mines is a cool level especially with the caverns and the mutants. I like its ambience and once you get used to the mine car, it's really a quality level. The bit at the beginning where you run this way, run that way, and run this way again is a little much, but that's TRIII for you.

Lost City of Tinnos is basically an amalgamation of the difficulties of the first 3 games (aside from the jump/roll/grab bit you are required to do in Temple of Xian) along with some new traps (underwater blades). The puzzles are pretty well thought out though and it's an incredibly difficult level--it's one of the the most difficult levels I can remember playing in any post-NES video game. The room with the various switches and ledges in which you have to figure out which switches to pull sequentially is yet another TRIII-style puzzle requiring a good deal of thinking or walkthrough reading.

Last edited by yeti; 26-04-15 at 23:12.
yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 00:41   #23
adamtombraider

Jungle - great opening level to the game
Nevada Desert - wonderful scenery with great sound effects
Coastal Village - wonderful scenery and optional paths
Aldwych & All Hallows - very atmospheric and easy to see how the two levels connect to each other (All Hallows leading to Aldwych)
Lost City of Tinnos - easiest level in the game, great puzzles and enemies

Lud's Gate is without doubt the hardest level in TR3 with RX Tech Mines a very close second.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 09:41   #24
Lara_Fan1

^

Tinnos the easiest? Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

---

My favourite level? Hmm, jungle or Crash site.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 14:36   #25
Patrick star

Tinnos the easiest level in the game ?! whut
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 15:42   #26
peeves

Tinnos is pretty easy if you follow a walkthrough on youtube. And i found tinnos pretty easy but madubu gorge was the hardest for me.
Old 27-04-15, 18:17   #27
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
Tinnos is pretty easy if you follow a walkthrough on youtube.
I don't think Core's games could be qualified as easy by the mere fact that one knows where to go; I wouldn't call them easy just because I know them by heart. You get to master Core's TRs in the moment in which you know exactly how to go through them in a proper and mostly harmless way imo.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 18:18   #28
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
I don't think Core's games could be qualified as easy by the mere fact that one knows where to go; I wouldn't call them easy just because I know them by heart. You get to master Core's TRs in the moment in which you know exactly how to go through them in a proper and mostly harmless way imo.
When you mean proper do you mean no shortcuts/bugs/glitches? If so then it's completely unfair not to use bugs, shortcuts, or glitches.
Old 27-04-15, 18:56   #29
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
When you mean proper do you mean no shortcuts/bugs/glitches? If so then it's completely unfair not to use bugs, shortcuts, or glitches.
Not necessarily I just meant that Core's games are characterized by their intricate level design, whose details and tricks must be in our mind all the time in order to progress correctly. By contrast, CD's games are ruled by automation and constant assistance, thus you don't need to know the levels's nooks and crannies because they are simple by nature.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 19:15   #30
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
Not necessarily I just meant that Core's games are characterized by their intricate level design, whose details and tricks must be in our mind all the time in order to progress correctly. By contrast, CD's games are ruled by automation and constant assistance, thus you don't need to know the levels's nooks and crannies because they are simple by nature.
Well in that case they're easy for me in the core games due to the controls.