Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-03-12, 03:38   #11
larafan25

I feel like Lara on her own could come to the same conclusion as Lara did in the Roth cutscene, but she was just slightly nervous because she was on the spot (as you said) but also new to the whole "climbing a mountain" thing.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:39   #12
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs270694 View Post
Your reply was perfect TBH. I want this to. i wanna see her broken and remade too.

Anyways this is my last reply untill tomorrow, its late at night here and im tired (what was i thinking creating a thread half asleep!? lol)
Wooot thanks Let's hope CD really dig deep into building the character for games and games to come and not just one game and snap her back into regular Lara. I want the whole spectrum of Lara to be exhibited in different ways through her psychological evolution. Great topic.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:53   #13
matrix54

Old Lara is pretty introverted - even AOD Lara.

New Lara... she seems to be walking the tightrope, leaning more toward introvert.

There's more to being an extrovert/introvert than how often you talk or socialize, just so some of you know. She seems self assured and independent, and has no problem with being alone (like you saw in the trailer), and still appears to prefer it (head phones in, music turned up, ignoring the world, but completely calm), but then there are those moments when she actually wants to be around others, but I wouldn't blame it on her being an extrovert, but more or less being scared.

Even in the leaked cutscene, she didn't sit next to Roth, after pulling him by the fire. If Lara was an Extrovert, she would have sat next to him, given the circumstances.

Last edited by matrix54; 08-03-12 at 03:56.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 03:58   #14
larafan25

^Good points, now I think she's Intro.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 04:09   #15
skylark1121

I think she's a happy medium.
skylark1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 05:08   #16
matrix54

You can't be both.
----------------------------
For those of you into MBTI, new Lara might be an INFJ, while old Lara was an INTJ.

Last edited by matrix54; 08-03-12 at 05:19.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 06:47   #17
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Old Lara - introvert.

New Lara - extrovert.
^ This.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 13:31   #18
Blackmoor

I think old Lara was introverted - she operated alone and was powerfully insular in her behaviours.

I thought Legend Lara was more extroverted - she had a team of buddies that she was with constantly, even talking to them remotely by headset. She needed more companionship.

The newer Lara... I haven't really looked at anything except the trailer, so it's hard to say. In that trailer alone, she appeared to be introverted to me.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 17:03   #19
jhs270694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I think old Lara was introverted - she operated alone and was powerfully insular in her behaviours.

I thought Legend Lara was more extroverted - she had a team of buddies that she was with constantly, even talking to them remotely by headset. She needed more companionship.

The newer Lara... I haven't really looked at anything except the trailer, so it's hard to say. In that trailer alone, she appeared to be introverted to me.
Yeh but because your an introvert doesnt mean you dont have a group of friends at all. extroverts have usually a large number of friends and have lots of acquaintances, sure lara had friends she was constantly in contact with but introverts have a small group of loyal friends they always seem to stay in contact with, if they fall under their own interests. tbh those buddies seemed loyal rather than 'just friends' if you know what i mean. this is coming from an introvert lol

Last edited by jhs270694; 08-03-12 at 17:05.
jhs270694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 17:06   #20
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Old Lara - introvert.
How was she?

I think every Lara's an extrovert - she always makes the decisions and is in control of everything around her.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote