Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-03-16, 16:18   #21
Red Master FFX
Unverified

I want Lara to explore Atlantida
A whole huge city under the sea. Something like Bioshock but with TR gameplay it will kick some as*
That'my wish
Red Master FFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-16, 23:55   #22
Blackmoor

Not myths as such, but I'd like them to connect real world mysteries / urban conspiracies...

Eg, when we went to Siberia we should have had the Tunguska event involved somehow..

We could take a look at the strange object found under the Baltic Sea...

The undecipherable Voynich manuscript...

Any of the unfathomable / controversial real world artifacts around the world, eg, Dropa stones...

Just a few examples, but there are loads of these things that could be fitted into a TR story. Provided they're given a nice twist.

What I find interesting is combining myths with physical artifacts like these to make it more real world seeming. Have Lara connect it all and work it all out...
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 01:42   #23
Tyrannosaurus

I'd really like to see Lara explore a mixture of urban environments and tombs, particularly in places where the two intersect. The city of Istanbul, for instance, has layers of history beneath the streets. The Parisian catacombs are another good example. The creepy Catacombe de Cappuccini in Palermo, Italy, are yet another example, and one which I think inspired the aesthetic of more than a few of the challenge tombs.

I'd also like to see Lara explore a few locations in the Middle East, like Turkey (more Greek ruins in Turkey than in Greece), Cappadoccia, the abandoned churches in Afghanistan and Baghdad, and the ruins of Petra in Jordan especially. Imagine a motorcycle chase around this area!

Or perhaps better yet, imagine a level taking place in the Palace of Pairliment in Romania, in which Lara drives a car, jeep, motorcycle, or quad bike through the halls?

What about an ossuary in Jerusalem, or the tomb of Ezekiel, Enoch, or some other biblical figure? The palace of Solomon? Carthage? Ur? Persepolis? Babylon? All great choices.

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 15-03-16 at 01:44.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 09:39   #24
Heidi_w_

One I'd like to see but can't imagine how they'd make it playable would be the mysterious Oak Island treasure shaft (which they're still trying to get to) -- given that teams have been trying to uncover it for the last 200+ years, it'd be hard to see how a lone individual would succeed in a matter of hours where they've failed. Still, Lara's one talented gal...

Another would be the Kensington Runestone, an ancient Viking inscribed stone dating to the 14-th century found in Minnesota -- this could point to some Viking expedition lost in Central North America, but what would be the accompanying McGuffin?
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 21:53   #25
Enya Brennan

Yesterday, I opened a book about universal mythology and I found so many interesting myths that are crying loud to be explored! I really want to know what myth they'll go after in the next game.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 23:41   #26
mind

I want the myth about battle between Seth and Horus over the Egypt. The one where Horus ejaculates into Seth's salad and he eats the semen as a salad dressing, thereby proving, that Horus overpowered Seth. I want her to search for the semen.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 02:09   #27
Atlantisfreak666

Tower of Babel!
Atlantisfreak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 02:23   #28
larafan25

With the reboot, they have touched twice on the idea of ancient spaces holding odd, mystical energies and... well... spirits basically. I'd want them to make a theme out of this, and with each installment, Lara should be realizing more and more with regards to this re-occurring theme.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-16, 02:20   #29
SamCactus101

I got a huge Disney vibe from the pics in the first page haha. Them classic princess movies always starting out with castle views.

Back to the topic at hand, I think any myth tied to the real world would be good. Like the research done with TR 2013 and Rise and giving them a twist of their own. I'd like some lesser known myths. I think Atlantis is already overdone. I'd like a new focus on things.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 21:17   #30
tombstone

Wasn't it hinted that Mexico was the next destination? Would love something with the mayan calendar and underworld. Didn't like how it was done in underworld.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote