Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 06-01-17, 20:10   #1
Nightshades

Post [Release]Complete TR5 Psx Sdk Structure

Opened a Github enjoy !

https://github.com/Nightshades1/Tomb...-SDK-STRUCTURE

Last edited by Nightshades; 07-01-17 at 20:43.
Nightshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-17, 20:56   #2
disapearing-boy

I'm not a programmer ( I only know web design stuff) but I'm curious - is this some source code you reverse engineered from the leaked SDK stuff or what exactly is the aim here?

Of course, any code is welcome - hopefully someone will find a use for it.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-17, 21:03   #3
Nightshades

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
I'm not a programmer ( I only know web design stuff) but I'm curious - is this some source code you reverse engineered from the leaked SDK stuff or what exactly is the aim here?

Of course, any code is welcome - hopefully someone will find a use for it.
This is from the PSX SDK, from the symbols, i re-written it to be readable, the goal is that if for exemple on "PC" you find let's say the DrawAirBar function or something else you will refer from these "structure" so you have an overview of "how it could be", i think they changed nothing about the PSX and PC version, PC version was compiled 2 month later but i believe the PSX structure are similar in a way to the PC structure.

So for exemple if you find where is the "Light" function or just a Light entity in a room, then you will refer to the "ILIGHT" (ItemLight) structure, so you will know that the first 2bytes are X, the next 2bytes y, then Z, and finally a "char" (1byte) that is R then G, then B, so in the end you have a quick overview.
Old 06-01-17, 21:12   #4
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshades View Post
This is from the PSX SDK, from the symbols, i re-written it to be readable, the goal is that if for exemple on "PC" you find let's say the DrawAirBar function or something else you will refer from these "structure" so you have an overview of "how it could be", i think they changed nothing about the PSX and PC version, PC version was compiled 2 month later but i believe the PSX structure are similar in a way to the PC structure.

So for exemple if you find where is the "Light" function or just a Light entity in a room, then you will refer to the "ILIGHT" (ItemLight) structure, so you will know that the first 2bytes are X, the next 2bytes y, then Z, and finally a "char" (1byte) that is R then G, then B, so in the end you have a quick overview.
Ah, so it could be useful for the TRNG plugins? If I wanted to make a plugin for an enemy (for example) or convert the crossbow to the HKgun, I could gain a better understanding of how it may have functioned in TR5? If thats the case, it's a fantastic starting point!
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-17, 21:24   #5
Nightshades

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
Ah, so it could be useful for the TRNG plugins? If I wanted to make a plugin for an enemy (for example) or convert the crossbow to the HKgun, I could gain a better understanding of how it may have functioned in TR5? If thats the case, it's a fantastic starting point!
what you want to do require hacking the engine, those info are for tomb raider 5 only, and it's only the "structure" of some stuffs there is also all function and their parameter that the game use, since it's ps1 stuff there's alot of function missing that the PC version use (it was compiled 2 month after all) but if you read the lara_info or item_info it's already a "starting hint" if you find a function that USE THOSE STRUCTURE in IDA for the PC version.

Again i have an empty .IDB (Ida Database) and i'm too lazy hell to reverse the game but (i believe) some people here have a nice reversed tr5 engine, so this might help or not i just posted that and wondered if this could help someone in any way, i might discontinue if it's not usefull at all but still having retail structure readable isn't that bad even if it's from psx it might change or not on the PC version.

An exemple: You use cheat engine and breakpoint your health on tomb raider 5 (pc version) you will access the opcode that calculate the health, and there is the place where you will land in "DrawHealthBar" I know that it is "this function name" because when just setting a "je" to "jmp" to change the way the function it's handled, bam the healthBar has dissapeared, so then reading that structure from the PSX version it's a good "hint" instead of reading a "function" like we blindly do when we know nothing.

Last edited by Nightshades; 06-01-17 at 21:27.
Old 07-01-17, 00:04   #6
Gh0stBlade

Probably better to write a tool to dump the structs rather than manually doing it.

Great work, thank you for sharing!

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 13:14   #7
Nightshades

I will open a github

Edit: Yeah the Lara structue is the exact same thing on the PC version, was able to use the "silencer" and combine it with the HK Gun and all the sounds are silenced, pretty cool =D.

Last edited by Nightshades; 08-01-17 at 15:58.