Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-07-07, 21:27   #1
clairelovestlc

Default Nintendo DS

Anyone got an option of these?

I have been thinking of getting one, a few members of the cast of a show I'm in have them, they all busily sit tapping away playing games with each other.

Have been reading about them having wifi access and a web browser now, has anyone tried this, is it any good? i quite like the idea of checking my emails without turning laptop on through wifi rather than using my mobile and having to pay, or being sneaky at uni and browsing the net when i should be working ( we have wifi access all over campus)

Will a web version of msn work on it?

Just think it would be handy to have for that alone.

Also like to be able to play games, my ex's daughter had one, but shes only 5, so the only games i saw for it were aimed at small children, are there any decent games aimed at older folk?

Last edited by clairelovestlc; 04-07-07 at 21:30.
clairelovestlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 22:44   #2
jamieoliver22
Technical Cheese

I wouldn't recommend them for web browsing personally, but I would highly recommend them for gameplay. They are great for gaming, and the wifi connection is ace. Me and a few of my mates have some, so we sometimes bring them in when its raining at college and we all have races and tournaments on Mario Karts (I know we are sad, but we don't have anything better to do ).

The good thing is about the wifi connection is that only one person needs the game, and other players download the data from it which is really handy for random games

There are quite a good choose of games too, mainly Nintendo titles - Not that great for hardcore gaming, but ace for a laugh and a fun game with your mates. Brings back nostalgia too, some old games that I haven't played in ages.

I would recommend you get one. Mine was only £20 as I brought it second hand from a friend.

And I suggest this would have been better in the video games forum

Jamie.
jamieoliver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 09:00   #3
badboy70

I have one too. Some people I know have one too. It's great for entertainment when you're in the car going some place far away. If someone's going there too that has a DS too it's so much fun If you get one I'd recommend Mario Kart and, if you are an adventure type, Lost In Blue. It's a game where you are in a boat crash and you have to get your way off the island, and theres only one girl to help you and she's wounded. It's so much fun, sometimes really hard and there's soo much to explore ! There are lakes to cross, but you have to make a raft or boat first, and if you fail in making it you need to go find all the stuff all over again. You also need tools, and sleep. Finding food in the beginning is hard, but if you get a fishing line, or spears you can kill animals more easily. Fish are a great source of food
badboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 10:18   #4
nightwishgirl84

i have a ds and i love it !!
must have games are:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Fables : Chocobo Tales
Cooking Mama
Diner Dash
Animal Crossing (is more fun with wifi btw)
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Phoenix Wright : Justice for All
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Big Brain Academy
Another Code
nightwishgirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 10:34   #5
Taylour

I have a DS, and love it! My only complaint is that I can't play my old Game boy games anymore :[[.

One of my favorite games that hasn't been mentioned it "Trauma Center: Under the Knife."

I plan on upgrading from the DS to the DS lite this weekend by the way.
Taylour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 10:49   #6
Jack Croft

I have a DS and i like it aswell.

Only certain DS games shine throught for me these include Final Fantasy III which i got yesterday and it is really a good RPG.

Others include Lunar Dragon Song and other RPG's.
Jack Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 11:10   #7
clairelovestlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy70 View Post
. It's great for entertainment when you're in the car going some place far away. If someone's going there too that has a DS too it's so much fun
Probably not the best idea as i would be DRIVING!

Might go have a look in a toystore today see if i can have a play on one, i think i can probably get one including a game for about £60 if i use corperate discount.

Either that or i might bribe my friend with beer and see if i can steal his for a week to see if i like it!

Im assuming no one has the ds browser then? it has had mixed reviews, i would only really use it for odd random msn convos from lectures and checking my emails at work!
clairelovestlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 14:07   #8
badboy70

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairelovestlc View Post
Probably not the best idea as i would be DRIVING!
You could always try
Nah, just kidding. I mean like when you'er with 3 friends or more, and someone else is driving. Or on the bus...
badboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 14:27   #9
viper456

I love my DSlite. They are engrossing! you wont be disappointed if you get one.
viper456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 14:49   #10
Zelda master

you will... if you dont have games
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote