www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-04-17, 22:10   #41
Lillie
Historian
 
Lillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slavistan
Posts: 475
Default

I wonder how are they going to force the bow on us in the next game. A hurricane? Earthquake? She should be prepared. It is going to be the third game and she is supposed to evolve, right? Time to start thinking about conserving ammo instead of looking for wood in order to able to craft hundreds of arrows.
__________________
Move along ma chère. ;)
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 03:29   #42
JoelCaesar
Explorer
 
JoelCaesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: An Australian Tomb
Posts: 931
Default

Actually they would probably make Lara take a compound bow with her, for wherever she goes.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:11   #43
Patrick star
Relic Hunter
 
Patrick star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Syria
Posts: 8,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Actually they would probably make Lara take a compound bow with her, for wherever she goes.
I wonder why she hadn't taken one with her in Syria , she just had the pistol .
__________________
On your head be it , Von Croy ..
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:24   #44
ESCachuli
Archaeologist
 
ESCachuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I wonder why she hadn't taken one with her in Syria , she just had the pistol .
Because it's way more logical to use a pistol than a bow, but they have to shoehorn it in the games along with the "survival" theme. That's why.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:33   #45
Patrick star
Relic Hunter
 
Patrick star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Syria
Posts: 8,860
Default

I think it's more because she didn't expect Trinity to be there , they wouldn't really have her traces if it wasn't for the guide's betrayal .

Actually , a modern iron bow with all types of ammo from the start is far more powerful than a single pistol . I hope she starts with that in the next game , a modern fully developed bow , it's much better (and fresher) than having to craft a wooden one again . Archery isn't something that has extincted with the medieval ages like everybody think it still has its fans , and Reboot Lara is one of them , it's even listed in her official bio as one of her "hobbies" .
__________________
On your head be it , Von Croy ..

Last edited by Patrick star; 19-04-17 at 16:40.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:43   #46
ESCachuli
Archaeologist
 
ESCachuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I think it's more because she didn't expect Trinity to be there , they wouldn't really have her traces if it wasn't for the guide's betrayal .

Actually , a modern iron bow with all types of ammo from the start is far more powerful than a single pistol . I hope she starts with that in the next game , a modern fully developed bow , it's much better (and fresher) than having to craft a wooden one again . Archery isn't something that has extincted with the medieval ages like everybody think it still has its fans , and Reboot Lara is one of them , it's even listed in her official bio as one of her "hobbies" .
It might not be dead, but guns are better. Tho I still use bow for stealth, because I absolutely hate the silencer in RotTR. I want the gun to sound as strong as possible xDDD

I pretend she is using the Desert Eagle, the first thing I wanted to do when I replayed RotTR was maxing out the pistol (without the ugly grips and magazine extenders) and getting the Heavy Pistol. The semi-auto pistol with the upgrades looks a lot like AoD/Legend/Underworld pistols, and the heavy pistol looks like a bigger version of that. I like it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:47   #47
Patrick star
Relic Hunter
 
Patrick star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Syria
Posts: 8,860
Default

I Like that one too , it looks really sexy
__________________
On your head be it , Von Croy ..
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 07:23   #48
Wooxman
Professor
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I think it's more because she didn't expect Trinity to be there , they wouldn't really have her traces if it wasn't for the guide's betrayal .

Actually , a modern iron bow with all types of ammo from the start is far more powerful than a single pistol . I hope she starts with that in the next game , a modern fully developed bow , it's much better (and fresher) than having to craft a wooden one again . Archery isn't something that has extincted with the medieval ages like everybody think it still has its fans , and Reboot Lara is one of them , it's even listed in her official bio as one of her "hobbies" .
Exactly, it's just that: A hobby. And no, bows aren't better than guns. They may be stronger when it comes to firepower, but it takes more time to draw and shoot them and then you've to take such things into account like wind and that arrows don't fly in a straight line but in an arch. When it comes to a realistic portrayal of bows, Chivalry and Minecraft of all games do a really good job. If the bows in TR2013 and RotTR would behave more realistic, then they would be even worse weapons then they already are.

And she took a pistol to Syria because she knows that it's better and more versatile than a bow (and imagine her crawling through all these narrow spaces with a big bow on her back). In the cutscenes of RotTR she also prefers to use the pistol to threaten enemies instead of the bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I pretend she is using the Desert Eagle, the first thing I wanted to do when I replayed RotTR was maxing out the pistol (without the ugly grips and magazine extenders) and getting the Heavy Pistol. The semi-auto pistol with the upgrades looks a lot like AoD/Legend/Underworld pistols, and the heavy pistol looks like a bigger version of that. I like it.
I'm a bit disappointed that the fully upgraded pistol in RotTR isn't as OP as the one in TR2013. Still a pretty good weapon, though.
__________________
In Rice of the Tomb Raider, Lara searches for the delicious Wine Sauce
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 07:42   #49
Mutant Messiah
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Default

The venom hand cannon (fully upgraded) is OP, in my opinion.
Mutant Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 08:16   #50
Wooxman
Professor
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,807
Default

The venom hand cannon is a bit slow for my liking. With the fully upgraded TR2013 pistol you don't have to aim very accurately and still can inflict a lot of damage. And with the silencer it becomes a better stealth weapon than the bow.
__________________
In Rice of the Tomb Raider, Lara searches for the delicious Wine Sauce
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.