www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-04-17, 22:10   #41
Lillie
Historian

I wonder how are they going to force the bow on us in the next game. A hurricane? Earthquake? She should be prepared. It is going to be the third game and she is supposed to evolve, right? Time to start thinking about conserving ammo instead of looking for wood in order to able to craft hundreds of arrows.
Old 19-04-17, 03:29   #42
JoelCaesar
Explorer

Actually they would probably make Lara take a compound bow with her, for wherever she goes.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:11   #43
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Actually they would probably make Lara take a compound bow with her, for wherever she goes.
I wonder why she hadn't taken one with her in Syria , she just had the pistol .
Old 19-04-17, 16:24   #44
ESCachuli
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I wonder why she hadn't taken one with her in Syria , she just had the pistol .
Because it's way more logical to use a pistol than a bow, but they have to shoehorn it in the games along with the "survival" theme. That's why.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:33   #45
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

I think it's more because she didn't expect Trinity to be there , they wouldn't really have her traces if it wasn't for the guide's betrayal .

Actually , a modern iron bow with all types of ammo from the start is far more powerful than a single pistol . I hope she starts with that in the next game , a modern fully developed bow , it's much better (and fresher) than having to craft a wooden one again . Archery isn't something that has extincted with the medieval ages like everybody think it still has its fans , and Reboot Lara is one of them , it's even listed in her official bio as one of her "hobbies" .

Last edited by Patrick star; 19-04-17 at 16:40.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:43   #46
ESCachuli
Archaeologist

Quote:
I think it's more because she didn't expect Trinity to be there , they wouldn't really have her traces if it wasn't for the guide's betrayal .

Actually , a modern iron bow with all types of ammo from the start is far more powerful than a single pistol . I hope she starts with that in the next game , a modern fully developed bow , it's much better (and fresher) than having to craft a wooden one again . Archery isn't something that has extincted with the medieval ages like everybody think it still has its fans , and Reboot Lara is one of them , it's even listed in her official bio as one of her "hobbies" .
It might not be dead, but guns are better. Tho I still use bow for stealth, because I absolutely hate the silencer in RotTR. I want the gun to sound as strong as possible xDDD

I pretend she is using the Desert Eagle, the first thing I wanted to do when I replayed RotTR was maxing out the pistol (without the ugly grips and magazine extenders) and getting the Heavy Pistol. The semi-auto pistol with the upgrades looks a lot like AoD/Legend/Underworld pistols, and the heavy pistol looks like a bigger version of that. I like it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-17, 16:47   #47
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

I Like that one too , it looks really sexy
Old 21-04-17, 07:23   #48
Wooxman
Professor

Quote:

Exactly, it's just that: A hobby. And no, bows aren't better than guns. They may be stronger when it comes to firepower, but it takes more time to draw and shoot them and then you've to take such things into account like wind and that arrows don't fly in a straight line but in an arch. When it comes to a realistic portrayal of bows, Chivalry and Minecraft of all games do a really good job. If the bows in TR2013 and RotTR would behave more realistic, then they would be even worse weapons then they already are.

And she took a pistol to Syria because she knows that it's better and more versatile than a bow (and imagine her crawling through all these narrow spaces with a big bow on her back). In the cutscenes of RotTR she also prefers to use the pistol to threaten enemies instead of the bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I pretend she is using the Desert Eagle, the first thing I wanted to do when I replayed RotTR was maxing out the pistol (without the ugly grips and magazine extenders) and getting the Heavy Pistol. The semi-auto pistol with the upgrades looks a lot like AoD/Legend/Underworld pistols, and the heavy pistol looks like a bigger version of that. I like it.
I'm a bit disappointed that the fully upgraded pistol in RotTR isn't as OP as the one in TR2013. Still a pretty good weapon, though.
Old 21-04-17, 07:42   #49
Mutant Messiah
Hobbyist

The venom hand cannon (fully upgraded) is OP, in my opinion.
Mutant Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 08:16   #50
Wooxman
Professor

The venom hand cannon is a bit slow for my liking. With the fully upgraded TR2013 pistol you don't have to aim very accurately and still can inflict a lot of damage. And with the silencer it becomes a better stealth weapon than the bow.