www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-10-18, 20:04   #1
MilkShakespear
Hobbyist

Default Murder Mission Multiple Endings?

So in Paititi, once you get the Serpent Guard outfit, you can take a mission where Lara solves a murder. But I read in the official guide that depending on if you collect the knife, Note, or both, you get different endings.

The first time I played, I just found the knife.
The second time, I found the note in front of one of the torches in the Horn Blower's tunnel. I couldn't progress to the end point with just the note, as far as I know you have to get the knife. Even with both knife and note, I got the same ending.

However, the second play through, I missed talking to the woman that talks about a possible affair between the wife and the business partner. By opening that dialogue, could that set off the different ending?

Any body able to get a different ending option?
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 20:43   #2
2001LC20

They scrapped out the different endings idea as far as i know.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 21:41   #3
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkShakespear View Post
So in Paititi, once you get the Serpent Guard outfit, you can take a mission where Lara solves a murder. But I read in the official guide that depending on if you collect the knife, Note, or both, you get different endings.

The first time I played, I just found the knife.
The second time, I found the note in front of one of the torches in the Horn Blower's tunnel. I couldn't progress to the end point with just the note, as far as I know you have to get the knife. Even with both knife and note, I got the same ending.

However, the second play through, I missed talking to the woman that talks about a possible affair between the wife and the business partner. By opening that dialogue, could that set off the different ending?

Any body able to get a different ending option?
This is true, on my first play through I didn't find all the clues. The ending was different than when I did find all the clues.
Old 13-10-18, 21:51   #4
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
This is true, on my first play through I didn't find all the clues. The ending was different than when I did find all the clues.
How different were they? does the actual criminal get away if you don't find them all?
Old 14-10-18, 17:41   #5
Uninvited
Historian

The first time, I found the dagger but didn't speak to anyone (other than the servant girl who you automatically speak with upon finding the murder weapon). I don't remember getting a different ending than when I spoke with everyone I could: indeed, I thought it weird that Lara assumed so many facts that she couldn't possibly know about.
Uninvited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-18, 17:43   #6
Grizzly Bear
Explorer

That's cool, though I didn't understand if it was removed or not; on my next playthrough I'm going to try make things different.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 09:20   #7
Athukraz
Archaeologist

I'm glad I got the best ending and the true justice the first time I did the mission. Found both the letter and the knife and got all the info
Old 15-10-18, 14:03   #8
Grimaldi
Professor

Bit off topic, but I wasnt a fan of this mission. It felt too Horizon-y; I was expecting Lara to whip out her Focus and follow a blood trail to the killer.
Old 15-10-18, 16:17   #9
Samz
Professor

So what exactly are the differences between the endings?
Old 16-10-18, 09:07   #10
jeffareid
Explorer

I ran into a bug. There's a medical resource near the body, and when I got there, Lara was maxed out on medical inventory, and all I got when trying to examine the body, was Lara stating that her inventory was full. I went to a merchant to sell a medical source and returned, but then the examine icon for the body was gone, so I missed whatever Lara had said about the body. It didn't matter as Lara was able to complete the mission and I got 100% completion for the game. I made a set of saves while playing and could have redone that part if needed, but since Lara got a mission complete I moved on.
jeffareid is offline   Reply With Quote