Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 03-01-13, 13:41   #911
Only TR lover

However on a bright note I'm very excited about the multiplayer, I just wish there's local and co-op
Only TR lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:43   #912
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
I wanted to come back at this again. This seems like the Call of Duty syndrome, doing unoriginal MP modes since everyone will play them etc.
There is a reason people will play them. They work very well since Unreal and Quake.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:44   #913
jaywalker
Golden

Quote:
I wanted to come back at this again. This seems like the Call of Duty syndrome, doing unoriginal MP modes since everyone will play them etc. (Also I guess its a nice platform for DLC, eh?)
Instead of trying something new because itll fail anyways.
Thats basically why innovations are rare nowadays, in every game sp and mp alike.
Pushing the industry forward by doing innovative stuff that wont fail if well executed or doing what everyone does because thats where the money is at.. Obviously money is chosen.

And I already blame the gamers for that, because in the case of CoD their braindead teens.that buy the same game all over again stopping innovations from happening. Tomb Raider did not go this far yet, thankfully.

Pre Ordered my copy on steam yesterday btw just to prevent “you hate the game“ comments because I am not.

Oh and sorry for weird mistakes etc but typing such a text on a phone is quite hard
Ppl need to wait til they actually SEE the game in motion or play for themselves etc.

ANYTHING written can be read as great or crap depending on how you think beforehand (if you see what i meaning). Seeing it motion or playing for yourself is the only way to accurately build an opinion..

i have NO issue with people saying they dont like something once they've tried it, but to dismiss it and be so anti something thats totally independent from the main game is a very backwards way to look at things (not saying you are anti it just saying in general about how some are reacting)

You'll love the pc version am sure
jaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:44   #914
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
I wanted to come back at this again. This seems like the Call of Duty syndrome, doing unoriginal MP modes since everyone will play them etc. (Also I guess its a nice platform for DLC, eh?)
Instead of trying something new because itll fail anyways.
Thats basically why innovations are rare nowadays, in every game sp and mp alike.
Pushing the industry forward by doing innovative stuff that wont fail if well executed or doing what everyone does because thats where the money is at.. Obviously money is chosen.

And I already blame the gamers for that, because in the case of CoD their braindead teens.that buy the same game all over again stopping innovations from happening. Tomb Raider did not go this far yet, thankfully.

Pre Ordered my copy on steam yesterday btw just to prevent “you hate the game“ comments because I am not.

Oh and sorry for weird mistakes etc but typing such a text on a phone is quite hard
If you want it that way then ok.
Tomb Raider having an interesting yet not FULLY original gameplay, you guys say it's boring and copied from other games...

Well guys I have news for you! 80% Of the games that have multiplayer they have the standard modes, "Co-op" etc. Tomb Raider as many other games will have something that we've already seen and played and above all ENJOYED! Now if you want to still hate on the MP idea well that's fine. It just make you look like you don't want anything new and you are so stubborn that you want even say "Oh, let me give it a try first and then I'll judge".

The situation here is just EL OH EL!
So done with you guys...

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 03-01-13 at 13:47.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:46   #915
Dark_Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
If you want it that way then ok.
Tomb Raider having an interesting yet not FULLY original gameplay, you guys say it's boring and copied from other games...

Well guys I have news for you! 80% Of the games that have multiplayer they have the standard modes, "Co-op" etc. Tomb Raider as many other games will have something that we've already seen and played and above all ENJOYED! Now if you want to still hate on the MP idea well that's fine. It just make you look like you don't want anything new and you are so stubborn that you want even say "Oh, let me give it a try first and then I'll judge".

So done with you guys...
I didnt say the MP is bad once, I actually said I imagine it being fun.
Just said its unoriginal
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:49   #916
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
I didnt say the MP is bad once, I actually said I imagine it being fun.
Just said its unoriginal
Most of the part didn't go for you but for all of those that are saying TR's MP is boring and stuff...
But anyways UC's multiplayer isn't original AT ALL! We've seen it many many times but everyone seems to accept it... Hmmm. That's kinda weird.

Just an example...
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:49   #917
ajrich17901

All this hate over an optional game mode, imagine if they gave Lara a mohawk lmao
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:51   #918
Love2Raid

Sounds awfully generic and unnecessary. *yawn*

Thanks for sharing, miss haggard.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:52   #919
miss.haggard
Darth Laney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Score I'm internet famous, this is the perfect jumping off point to start my singing career!
miss.haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 13:52   #920
DanV

I think Lara will be in MP mode, but probably as unlockable character.
DanV is offline   Reply With Quote