Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 15-09-18, 21:27   #1
paul123456

Default GameSpot Nostalgia Trip

I found this little Gamespot discussion regarding TR1 on YouTube today. I thought some of you might like to watch it

paul123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 22:43   #2
Samz

I love how they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
"Two shotgun things"
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 17:11   #3
charmedangelin

I love the comments the most, I'm glad to see that a lot of people still find classic a great game to play. I agree with most of them in that they should have gotten true gamers to really play these games.

EDIT

Wait a minuet, it's not a very long game? This game will take you at least 16 hours to beat. What are they talking about?

Last edited by charmedangelin; 22-09-18 at 17:13.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 18:13   #4
klona
Golden

These two kids are BSing, they have no idea what they're talking about.

I bet they played like 1/3 of the game then did some research to make that video.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 18:31   #5
Baslakor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

Wait a minuet, it's not a very long game? This game will take you at least 16 hours to beat. What are they talking about?
"Totally do-able in one day!" So technically they're right if you said 16 hours. Also there is a speed-run that finishes in under an hour.

But yeah, there is a lot to criticize from a modern perspective, but I doubt these guys ever played the game, let alone 1/3th.

Also, all the footage is just from the Peru levels?

Last edited by Baslakor; 22-09-18 at 18:35.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 18:51   #6
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
"Totally do-able in one day!" So technically they're right if you said 16 hours. Also there is a speed-run that finishes in under an hour.

But yeah, there is a lot to criticize from a modern perspective, but I doubt these guys ever played the game, let alone 1/3th.

Also, all the footage is just from the Peru levels?
Probably because whoever got footage for them didn't finish it either.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 05:54   #7
Ahmier
Unverified

I enjoyed the video. It’s always cool seeing past games played again currently.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 13:27   #8
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I love the comments the most, I'm glad to see that a lot of people still find classic a great game to play. I agree with most of them in that they should have gotten true gamers to really play these games.

EDIT

Actually unless you are a new player to it, without glitching and collecting near enough everything it can take roughly 6-8 hours when you know what you are doing and I think I done it in less on my Youtube Channel. These two though, as soon as I started the video and heard them complain about the controls, I just shook my head and stopped the video as they clearly sounded like they don't want to even give an honest review and just want to hate on it because it does not having amazing 4K Graphics/60FPS that teens obsess over nowadays.

They should just get the real fans of the game to do the review as those who played the classics and the modern games will find there is a lot more to the whole "Tomb Raider" aspect in the originals compared to ones today and while I am on the subject, I did not really find Shadow of the Tomb Raider to be that enjoyable so I'm glad its an end to the reboot series but in all honesty, we are never going to have Tomb Raider how it should be again when you only get half a game and have to get DLC for the rest since there is no love being put into making them anymore since Square Enix just sees it as another money making machine and making an online mode was a huge mistake, its going to end up just being an online battle at this rate without any story at all and then Square will see their profits plummet very fast.

I'm just so grateful we have talented TRLE builders and developers here as without that, the classic games would lose a lot of their spark a long time ago so even if the main series stops after this without another release, I know I have TRLE to go to if I ever want my fill of Tomb Raider since the developers are true fans that know what are needed in a game with Lara.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 17:25   #9
Baslakor

Anyone interested in a good nostalgia video should look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09niWRULuM

Guy knows what he is talking about and gives fair criticism.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 16:41   #10
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I love how they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
"Two shotgun things"
They said so many wrong things. Kinda annoying.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote