Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 22-09-18, 23:13   #1
Locke217

Default Trying to run freshly installed NG_CENTER on Windows 10

I just did a full TRLE installation to a new hard drive with almost nothing in it, then installed NG_CENTER to the same hard drive (does not having it in My Documents mess things up? I've used it in the past without doing that...) After restarting the computer I start up NG_CENTER and get this:

"Compenent 'Mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I found a version of that file on an older forum regarding windows 7 troubleshooting, but I'm reluctant to simply place it in win32 since I can't even find the file it's supposedly replacing(searching win32 comes up with nothing even though it says I'm replacing that file when I try to extract it) and it claims to be pretty old.

I got my downloads from here: https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com...tor/index.html
and here: http://www.webalice.it/paolone2011/ng.htm
and I got a version of the file from this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...light=scripter
Wondering how my problem could relate to this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218076

Also curious, is running NG_CENTER successfully going to install all the tools needed for NGLE? Because right now it's just TRLE and NG_CENTER...

Last edited by Locke217; 22-09-18 at 23:15.
Locke217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 23:27   #2
LoreRaider

I've heard that the new NG_Center must be installed in "My documents", otherwise it doesn't work properly

About the NGLE thing, if NG_Center got installed properly, it should directly add all the tools more than NGLE (there's indeed a folder called Tools)
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 23:34   #3
Locke217

Ohhhh okay. In the past I've had it in C:
Reinstalled, gonna restart now and get back to you.

Edit: Okay so a couple things:

I just found out I already had NG_CENTER and a full installation of NGLE(big woops) in My Documents, so now there are 2 NG_CENTER folders... neither of which actually work.
The OLD NG_CENTER, which was installed in August, 2016 when I had windows 7, says "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
The NEW NG_CENTER responds differently depending on whether I run it as administrator. If I run as administrator it says the exact same thing it said before. If I don't run it as administrator, it gets to the Scripter4 SP1 window and says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." and it gives me some options for SCRIPTER4SP1 directories, none of which work.

I suppose I should just get rid of the old installations and try to make the new one work? It doesn't seem like a much older version of NG_CENTER itself, but a couple years...

Last edited by Locke217; 22-09-18 at 23:53.
Locke217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 08:36   #4
LoreRaider

Did you downloaded the MK5 version, right?
What you could do is firstly disinstall both versions, then remove manually the NG_Center folders in both My documents, and C: folder (and any other NG_Center folder installed), then reinstall the MK5
Semms like that there is some conflict with old and new versions
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote