Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-07-18, 06:12   #1
Moon-Safari

Default If CD Returns from Avengers How will it affect the next TR Game?

Avengers is like a multi-billion dollar movie franchise. That is a HUGE come-up for CD. This experience will change the company forever. They're going to learn so much from this high pressure project to make it live up to the movies and also sell. It could either make or break the company, like AOD did for core when it burned them out.

Let's say it's successful, do you think it will change how they approach TR? Maybe make it to be more like an avengers movie? Undoubtedly I can image a few Easter eggs, but with CD's new connection could a cross-over now be possible for Lara into Marvel? Or visa Versace?

I know this experience will definitely fine-tune CDs sensibilities for actual authentic cinematic experiences. I think if they don't get too big for Tomb Raider, they could bring this reboot universe to the next level with reboot phase 2. I can't wait to see what crystal does with avengers. It's going to be phenomenal.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 06:16   #2
robm_2007

Quote:
Or visa Versace?
I loled. Thank you, autocorrect.
---
It's not a guaranteed success. So many IPs adapted for video games suck. Until we even read or see anything about it, other than that it's happening, I can't speculate. And for that reason, I'm out.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 06:28   #3
Yeauxleaux

LOL "vice versace"

I don't know at this point anyway. Recently I've started to question if it's not CD, but actually Square Enix, who stifled creativity on Lara's character for the Reboot games and put pressure on making her as bland as she's been. If it is, then I just hope they're given more free rein to be a bit campy and fun with the Avengers, given that's the tone the Avengers movies have taken the past few years.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 06:36   #4
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I loled. Thank you, autocorrect.
---
It's not a guaranteed success. So many IPs adapted for video games suck. Until we even read or see anything about it, other than that it's happening, I can't speculate. And for that reason, I'm out.
But When you look at batman and Spider-Man, those two games Defined Crystals TR. the grappling hook and crazy crawling and jumping animations and then Batman they openly admitted inspired the reboot. CD was meant for big budget superhero games. There's a humongous built in fan base from games comics and movies of avengers and then all the different spinoff movies. There's no way this game doesn't break records. Tomb raider was huge for them but this will blow TR out of the water in terms of financial viability. I don't see this being a small crappy little tell-tale batman game or Lego game. That's not CDs niche, that's not what they hired them for. They hired them because they want a big budget blockbuster adaptation of an already popular franchise and CD already proved their stuff with the reboot. They're going to pour so much cash into this project for maximum bank.
Old 18-07-18, 06:38   #5
Emix

It's not like TR is low budget indie franchise.
I am pretty sure that Avengers budget is similar to recent TR games.

To answer your queation: I think that it won't change anything about next TR games, or not a lot. They are just too different.

And yeah, even with big budget Avengers can still end up being a flop and bad game. So lets just wait.

Last edited by Emix; 18-07-18 at 06:41.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 06:38   #6
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
LOL "vice versace"

I don't know at this point anyway. Recently I've started to question if it's not CD, but actually Square Enix, who stifled creativity on Lara's character for the Reboot games and put pressure on making her as bland as she's been. If it is, then I just hope they're given more free rein to be a bit campy and fun with the Avengers, given that's the tone the Avengers movies have taken the past few years.
This.

A lot of Japanese developers are unaware of what "camp" is.

Insert every Biohazard game that takes itself way too seriously... lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 06:47   #7
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
It's not like TR is low budget indie franchise.
I am pretty sure that Avengers budget is similar to recent TR games.

To answer your queation: I think that it won't change anything about next TR games, or not a lot. They are just too different.

And yeah, even with big budget Avengers can still end up being a flop and bad game. So lets just wait.
Highly doubt an avengers game can flop at this point. It's like how AOD had so many bad reviews but still sold well because the brand name was at the highest level possible because of the next gen hype and movie.

They said reboot and on was going to be a smaller team from now on. You can tell with the recycled animations that the game is not THAT expensive. It's the low-end of AAA budgets.
Old 18-07-18, 06:50   #8
thabani33

They should rather just create a new IP and leave Tomb Raider with Eidos.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 07:56   #9
FanosCroft

Maybe CD will go full on Avengers and EM will own Tomb Raider.
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 08:11   #10
nevillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Maybe CD will go full on Avengers and EM will own Tomb Raider.

That's what I'm picking. CD will probably be working on the Avengers sequel before Avengers even releases. EM is looking like a done deal.
nevillet is offline   Reply With Quote