Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-02-17, 15:49   #11
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
Is Death Stranding going to PC? Wasn't sure since Kojima is using the Decima engine from Guerilla Games.
I've heard nothing about it coming to PC.
I think it is strictly a PS4 release until otherwise stated and that hasn't happened at all
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 15:58   #12
fondantcookie

Thanks for the info all.

I passed the info to my colleague who ha decided to trade in her X1 this weekend for a PS4.

She feels the X1 doesn't really have any "exclusives" she's interested in playing and that PS4 seems to have a much larger games catalogue of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
I bought an Xbox One on launch and it has been an utter disappointment to date.
This mirrors her mentality. It was her first experience of a Microsoft console (having been a PS1-PS3 gamer) and she feels the X1 is a bit of a waste.

Having looked into it myself (to help her out) I can kind of see why. Aside from maybe Ori and possibly Quatum Break there really isn't anything of interest on that console (for me at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post

BTW. OP listed NieR: Automata and Death Stranding as PS4 exclusives, both games are coming to PC.
Apologies, probably should have clarified that I meant console exclusives. Whether they come out on PC or not is redundant since neither she nor I game on PC anymore.

And last I heard Death Standing was not coming to PC (for now at least).

Last edited by fondantcookie; 17-02-17 at 16:03.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 18:48   #13
RWTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
Thanks for the info all.

I passed the info to my colleague who ha decided to trade in her X1 this weekend for a PS4.

She feels the X1 doesn't really have any "exclusives" she's interested in playing and that PS4 seems to have a much larger games catalogue of interest.

This mirrors her mentality. It was her first experience of a Microsoft console (having been a PS1-PS3 gamer) and she feels the X1 is a bit of a waste.

Having looked into it myself (to help her out) I can kind of see why. Aside from maybe Ori and possibly Quatum Break there really isn't anything of interest on that console (for me at least).

Then why did she buy or get an Xbox in the first place if she was originally a PS gamer?

You don't fool me lol.

PS.

If this is actually genuine could I not try to talk to your friend through this forum somehow for an XBOX fan perspective? Maybe?
RWTSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 20:18   #14
fondantcookie

She got an xbox because her husband and husbands brother and husbands friends etc all game on xbox. They couldn't afford both consoles so because of the husbands preference she ended up with an xbox.

He plays battlefront but not much else (and that's available on ps4) . Which is why she feels like it was a waste. Could have got a ps4, her husband play battlefront, and she play more game series she enjoys (from ps).

She's not a member here. But this is a genuine request. Thanks
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 22:39   #15
jajay119

I'd really love to see MS push their first party exclusives this gen and move away from buying out third party ones as they have done with the likes of State of Decay. It seemed they were going to do this but have recently cancelled a handful of in house games for some reason. I hope they've got some good games coming for the Scorpio because with how lacklustre the X1 has been I don't see any reason for anyone to buy a Scorpio if they don't. It may have more power to it but if exclusives continue to come to PC then those players will continue to play it on that format and Console developers will likely design the games so they run well on all platforms given the most successful platform so far has been PS4 and they'll want to ensure they capitalise on sales there. We've seen once or twice that power doesn't equal success but mainstream access does. The N64 and Sega Saturn were more powerful than the PSone but the latter dominated because it was easier and cheaper to make games for, the original Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 but still had far less games on it and a lesser following. Likewise the Playstation 3 was more powerful than the Xbox 360 but Sony made the stupid decision to make it expensive to purchase and hard to code for nerfing both ends of the spectrum. If MS don't have a good lineup of games for the Scorpio there'll be no reason for PC or PS4 players to jump ship and there'll be no real reason for X1 owners to upgrade. Especially since Phil Spencer has already hinted the Scorpio won't be cheap - if you could buy a similary priced gaming PC there's even less reason. I do worry with lack of support on the hardware front and software front this gen where it's going to leave MS in the console sphere at the end of this gen. I'm not entirely unconvinced they'll move towards PC/Console hybrid machines in the future and try to bring computing and PC gaming into the home that way without the Xbox branding in what will be the 'next generation' at this point. Sort of a 'Windows Steam Machine'. It would make sense and give them a unique focus too.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 10:15   #16
DOPE

When you think about It, Sony has invested in building their worldwide studios over the years and that's showing, while Microsoft only has the Halo and Forza studios and Rare and what else? Scorpio isn't gonna change that, all that power will be useless without games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
BTW. OP listed NieR: Automata and Death Stranding as PS4 exclusives, both games are coming to PC.
DS on PC is not happening, it's using a Sony's engine.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 11:25   #17
Patrick star

Whatever those exclusives turn out to be , I hope SOTTR isn't one of them
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 11:27   #18
Jankrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
Sounds just like me.
Jankrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 14:56   #19
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
I bought an Xbox One on launch and it has been an utter disappointment to date.
Same here, though in my eyes both consoles have been pretty disappointing. This was the first time that new consoles have been released and they've been easily outperformed by PCs from the beginning. Back when the Xbox 360 has been released, it took a while until matching PC hardware has become affordable. (Of course, you could build a PC that beat the 360, but it would've cost quite a lot.) But now you can build a PC for the same price that the Xbox One and PS4 cost and it will outperform them easily. Also, this generation seems to be pretty boring when it comes to console exclusive titles. Aside from sequels to already established franchises like Halo and Uncharted there have been next to no console exclusive game that seemed very interesting to me while there have been plenty on the 7th gen consoles like WET, Lollipop Chainsaw, Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard or Kameo: Elements of Power, just to name a few. The only new console exclusive IP in this generation that really got my interest was Sunset Overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
DS on PC is not happening, it's using a Sony's engine.
Sony already has released games on PC, though mostly online titles like Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online (back when these games were still published by Sony).

Quite a lot of good Xbox One exclusive titles have already been released. It's just that Sony likes to announce a ton of games that won't be released anytime soon, so it appears as if they had far more exclusives. But Microsoft usually don't announce games that won't be released within the next year.

Last edited by Wooxman; 18-02-17 at 14:58.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-17, 03:35   #20
Murphdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Sony already has released games on PC, though mostly online titles like Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online (back when these games were still published by Sony).

Ahh Sony Online Entertainment which was their PC gaming division before it was sold off. Games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment(formerly Sony Computer Entertainment) typically don't go to PC but there is the rare exception.
Murphdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote