Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 17-07-11, 15:00   #2981
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
...and then using the Windows copy and paste features.
Actually its called cut and its a button in the editor and not a windows feature
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-11, 16:02   #2982
Titak

Actually, the Windows copy and paste (Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V) features do work.
I use it all the time and I don't use the Cut and Paste button in the editor.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-11, 16:54   #2983
boyGenius72
Inactive

How do you make a certain vertical section of a wall climbable? I thought I remembered seeing a tutorial on that on Skribblerz but couldn't find it now.
boyGenius72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-11, 17:16   #2984
Raymond

There is also a tutorial prj on Paolones site about this. To make a wall climbable at certain heights you have to use vertical triggers to allow ctrl only in certain hights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Hello Everyone!

I got a strange problem.

I've just started building a level and I only created 2 large rooms. I placed Lara in the room and converted the project file into the .tr4 format.

Every time I click on the level I created the game crashes and I get this error report.

What the heck?

Help please?
Canīt say, whatīs the reson for your crash problem, but the title has nothing to do with it. Itīs just a routine warning in the crash report. It isnīt a bad idea to convert the title, but it doesnīt help anything. To convert the title you have remove and reassign the anim ranges.
The crash report generally doesnīt reveal too much to us here. So for you itīs a matter of intelligent and methodical experiments to encircle the crash reason.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-11, 17:24   #2985
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Actually, the Windows copy and paste (Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V) features do work.
I use it all the time and I don't use the Cut and Paste button in the editor.
O_o Didnt know of this. I thought of rightclicking thats why Dx
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 02:24   #2986
Symsi

Is there actually a limited amount for script entries of a certain type, like the 'Animation=' ones?

As my level starts to crash as soon as I go above 128.

I have excluded any conflicts between them, it is very likely the amount causing the crash. Thanks so far, if anyone knows.
Symsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 09:06   #2987
Titak

Magic number 128...
I don't know if there a limit to the amount of Animation= possible in the script.

Are you sure it is not linked to having that many extra animations in the wad? Animations take up a lot of resources and expand the size of a level tr4 a lot...

You know, you have made me curious with your 128 Animation= scripts. What new moves have you come up with!?
Old 22-07-11, 10:18   #2988
Symsi

Hmm. 700 used animation slots, does that sound like much?

I could animate all day, it is truly relaxing ...

^ They're all working fine though - the level loads perfectly with them, when the amount of script entries are kept below 128. And the tr4.file still looks normal sized.

I'll see if I can store some of these "Animation=" entries into state change commands for now. But I hope it's just some weird bug, or some other issue I've got there with my animations. Since I planned to have ... more.

And the content. Mostly animations built upon the default ones, (of which many are tweaked more towards my 'style') but mainly making Lara more responsive and flexible. Like when running over ledges whilst holding action will cause Lara to turn automatically around and grab the ledge, or new surface swimming, when holding Walk (TR1-5 Candle Moving), Nothing (Breaststroke) or Sprint (still deciding between Butterfly and Freestyle). And some more environmental animations, like Lara leaning against a wall if going idle for a while. And also many turn-around animations, for example when sliding down a slope.

Oh. I like my AoDish Sprint Jump. *brags* Sorry, couldn't resist.
Symsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 11:03   #2989
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symsi View Post
Hmm. 700 used animation slots, does that sound like much? [/SIZE].[/COLOR]
No not at all. Where did you get the idea that that is much?

Wow! I really like your ideas!
Will you ever release the whole LARA with all these new animations?

I don't really like animating much.
Mainly because I'm always struggling a lot to get them to look decent enough...

What I was thinking of implementing in my underwater level is to use the sprint button to make her swim faster. Not doing her regular swimmovements but with one armstroke like in the normal swimming but then bombined with the up and down legmovements, kinda like in TRL/TRA/TRU.
Maybe even have the normal swimming like that too (only slower than the sprint swimming) if I decide to give Lara flippers.
Old 22-07-11, 23:28   #2990
boyGenius72
Inactive

I have this really huge bridge, and it is over a pit of about four rooms in depth. Before I go about selecting each and every one and entering the lower rooms and placing dummy triggers one by one (126 in all) is there any way to script a single dummy trigger for all of them? Like with an ItemGroup? So I can drag select all the squares that have a bridge over them and place one dummy for that ItemGroup is basically what I'm thinking. Or would that allow Lara to technically walk on all the bridge objects on any square there's a bridge object?
boyGenius72 is offline   Reply With Quote