Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-01-24, 21:21   #1
Ring_of_Fire

Question Charles Martinet's exact Bowser throw words revealed in Super Mario 64!

I can't remember. But I will try my best and use my psychic focus to help me remember from young age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCh2l0J1uJk

"So long, IN THOUSAND (1000)!" Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door reference!

Some might hear "So long, K thousand." Probably not since most believed to here "Gay" (nope), Big, or "KinG". I just drop the KG to get "in" instead. Slow it down and you will see what I mean.

Everytime you believe you here Bowser, it is actually Thousand. He is throwing Bowser FAR AWAY. A comic / cartoon mischief effect. He is kinda teasing Bowser, so he says "in Thousand"

New: On course selection - it says LOTS to GO! Course 1: Bomb Omb Battlefield it's called. The original line is Lets, eh go. But I deny. Not easy for Mario to collect so many stars. Too much work, too little time. It's also in Course 11: Wet-Dry World

Trivia: In Mario Kart 64 - instead of Mexico. It says Lets-eh-go.

Last edited by Ring_of_Fire; 21-02-24 at 22:32. Reason: new details
Ring_of_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-24, 05:11   #2
Girafarig32

The embeded video doesn't seem to work for me, but I know what you're talking about. Did he clarify that in an interview or something? I heard it's supposed to be "So long-ehh Bowser!" like the accent is overmilked here. I always heard it that way too. But, gay bowser is much funnier.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-24, 20:44   #3
Ring_of_Fire

I got the YouTube tags working. I'll check other options later in my profile later, lazy right now. Remember that on course selection - I am hearing "Lots to Go." (Check this for me). I wish Charles clarified the original line. Risky for me to keep posting links that won't fit. It's not working on my end. Maybe hacking, or because I have no Meltdown or Spectre protection (actually I do).

A little bit of clarification can be a life saver sometimes. I enjoy Tomb Raider Forums instead of other forums for this discussion. Can't afford to leave out any additional details for this old game.

Last edited by Ring_of_Fire; 05-02-24 at 21:02.
Ring_of_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-24, 20:50   #4
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
The embeded video doesn't seem to work for me, but I know what you're talking about. Did he clarify that in an interview or something? I heard it's supposed to be "So long-ehh Bowser!" like the accent is overmilked here. I always heard it that way too. But, gay bowser is much funnier.
I'd always heard it was "So long-ehh Bowser!" too yeah. And I'd always thought the course selection was actually "Let's ah-go!" (kinda like getting you pumped up to start the level or something.)

But on the latter, funnily enough, when I was little I couldn't hear anything but "THE PICKLE!"
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote