Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-05-15, 17:34   #1
lcroft_lc

Default Disney Infinity 3.0

Disney Infinity 3.0
Developer: Avalanche Software
Additional Developments: Ninja Theory, Sumo, Studio Gobo & United Front Games
Publisher: Disney
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android
Release Date: Fall 2015

GameInformer June Cover Revealed – Disney Infinity 3.0

Quote:
Disney Infinity has become the gaming destination for nearly everything Disney. Avalanche Software’s first two installments put Disney, Pixar, and Marvel characters under one roof in story-based and freeform experiences. Now it’s time for Disney to give the Star Wars brand its due – Luke, Leia, Anakin, and more are joining the family with Disney Infinity 3.0, and we’ve got all the details in our mega-sized 16-page cover story.

Star Wars fandom is often divided between the two trilogies, and Disney Infinity 3.0 is catering to both audiences. Avalanche returns at the head of development while recruiting other studios to work on specific packs and systems. Ninja Theory’s (Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword) pack-in playset, Twilight of the Republic, follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army. The story is set after Star Wars: Episode II, and it features land and space battles with plenty of melee combat. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray, too, as separately sold figures. Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity's Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy. Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences, including the battle of Yavin as well as time on Hoth and Tatooine. Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Darth Vader figures will be available individually. Star Wars characters can cross over between the Star Wars playsets, too, which could lead to some canonically unsound (but fun) scenarios.

Disney Infinity 3.0 isn’t just tossing in a wookiee and a few new playsets and calling it a day, either. Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be. Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat, adjusting the timing and adding depth for advanced players. After all, you want to feel powerful when you’re wielding a light saber. Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) has taken Infinity’s driving gameplay to the shop, tweaking the handling and drifting to provide a smoother experience. That’s key, considering one of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer. Those tweaks carry over into the Toy Box, which means legacy characters like Hulk and Mr. Incredible benefit as well.

Another Star Wars playset is coming this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more. The Toy Box is getting special attention, too, with the addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the addition of an all-new farming system. May the pitchforks be with you.
Source

http://media1.gameinformer.com/files...eal-spread.jpg

Last edited by lcroft_lc; 05-05-15 at 18:30.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 17:43   #2
irishhips

Ahsoka!!! <3
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 18:04   #3
Zebra

It's being developed by Avalanche Software, not Avalanche studios (developers of Just Cause, Mad Max,...). Those are two entirely unrelated companies.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 18:30   #4
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
It's being developed by Avalanche Software, not Avalanche studios (developers of Just Cause, Mad Max,...). Those are two entirely unrelated companies.
Oh my silly mistake. I knew it but mistake during typing.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 00:42   #5
Shark_Blade

Huh, so Disney Infinity 3 is for Star Wars only. I thought there'd be more Disney characters................... >.>

Pass I guess.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 03:25   #6
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Huh, so Disney Infinity 3 is for Star Wars only. I thought there'd be more Disney characters................... >.>

Pass I guess.
I'm guessing that you will be able to use your other Disney characters like normal. When 2.0 announced and released, I mainly remember them advertising the Marvel part of the game.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 11:16   #7
Bomb Fighter

i want Disney Infinity with Hannah Montana is that too mach to ask for?
Bomb Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 11:43   #8
AdeleDazeem

I wanna have this! I always wanted to go with the Infinity hype, but those packs were a little too expensive for my taste. But now that it's Star Wars...

I probably want this for Wii U. I own a PS4 as well, but it feels like more of a Wii U game
AdeleDazeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 13:41   #9
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
I'm guessing that you will be able to use your other Disney characters like normal. When 2.0 announced and released, I mainly remember them advertising the Marvel part of the game.
Yea marvel and star wars ain't what I'm looking for in these kind of games. I'll stick with the disney characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter View Post
i want Disney Infinity with Hannah Montana is that too mach to ask for?
What's she gonna attack with? Her weave? Twerk on a wrecking ball?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15, 14:48   #10
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yea marvel and star wars ain't what I'm looking for in these kind of games. I'll stick with the disney characters.
They are in a sense Disney characters, due to the Walt Disney Company owning all parent companies that own these characters.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote