Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 16-03-15, 13:05   #531
Frankiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
Hahaha maybe knock it down to "Medium" difficulty for something in between...?

The trick with the noisemaker is to make sure you know that there is a hiding spot near by or you have a clean run to escape.

So throw the noise maker then immediately hide in a locker (if you are using it to get the alien to kill other people/soilders) or run the opposite way.

The Alien didn't enter the airvents for me until about half way through. Then after that, no where was safe. BUT... you CAN flamethrower it or Molotov Cocktail it in the vents as it comes after you. Just be sure to back off as you throw the cocktail....

Flaming the alien is a good way to scare it off and give you a good bit of piece and quiet if you are struggling... Also, if you are struggling with supplies etc a trick is to add the components to the item even if you don't have enough to build it. That way you can continue to pick up more items for when you do need them...

Give it another go, it's great.... (though I do haveto admit I play it in the dark with surround sound and its resulted in me dropping my controller and pretty much having high blood pressure...haha) ;-)
I'm more than halfway through that's my problem. I played on easy for like 15 hours (so I'm used to it) and now I've played 5 or so on hard. Haha, I like playing in the dark too, I like torturing myself with games like these. I completed PT a few months ago and thought games couldn't get anymore scarier then I played this.
Frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-15, 13:13   #532
fondantcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiki View Post
I'm more than halfway through that's my problem. I played on easy for like 15 hours (so I'm used to it) and now I've played 5 or so on hard. Haha, I like playing in the dark too, I like torturing myself with games like these. I completed PT a few months ago and thought games couldn't get anymore scarier then I played this.
It's the sound of the alien running towards you that always scares me. Or when your hiding in the locker and it tries to sniff you out...

The alien in the vent absolutely RUINED me the first time because I didn't know it had followed me in nor did I know that it could...

What mission are you on? There may be some jumpy bits coming up if you haven't encountered them already...

Any yep I never play a scary game in the day it completely ruins the atmosphere. As for P.T I cannot tell you how many times I literally pooed myself....
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-15, 14:09   #533
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
You guys need to take a breath, compose yourself and start playing again...hehe :-) Its a really superb game and all it takes is a bit of patience.

As soon as you hear the alien, either skulk around crouching using your motion tracker, or immediately hide in a locker. The alien will go on the prowl, but you'll then hear it run into an airvent. That's yopur cue to come out of hiding and continue...

Don't forget all the different distraction options either. This is something I didn't realise until way later in the game and it made life a lot easier. The rewire systems allow you to turn off the air purification (making it harder to be seen) and the cameras, as well as opening locked doors and vents. The alien is scared of fire, so hurling a Molotov or flaming with the flamethrower is enough to buy you some time... Failing that, throw a noise maker in the opposite direction to where yopu are heading to lure the alien the wrong way.

Same things apply for Androids. Make use of the EMP grenades and the Pipe Bombs...

Don't ;et the difficulty put you off. And if it does, remember you can always lower it from the game menu mid way through playing...

Best game I've played in a LONG time

I do take a breath, I do compose myself... But I still get angry lmao! I haven't had the chance to carry on playing the game yet, an if I'm honest I'm hesitant to do so. I do try an distract the alien but I end up hiding for about 20 minutes because I'm so scared to move. Yes, i will admit I'm 21 and I'm scared of a game. Which hasn't happened to me since I was little.

It's an amazing game, I cannot fault that. After playing all out shooters this is a nice game to sit back an somewhat, enjoy it . How it never won Game of the Year i'll never know. They really did pull this off an I'm amazed by it. Hopefully, eventually, with some miracle. I can one day sit down and actually finish this game.

As my dad said, an I quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1's Dad
This is a first. A game that has actually beaten you instead of the other way around. Usually you run through games an complete them the same day.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-15, 19:53   #534
ozzman

more alien fan art i made , its big XD
http://pre04.deviantart.net/1557/th/...66-d8lynch.png
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 19:04   #535
paulwork

Default Help!

I have a ps4 and ive just downloaded and installed the trigger and safe haven maps. How do i access and play them?

Theyre not in my start game menu and ive finished the game so when i continue the game, it takes me back to the final level at the bridge.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 20:02   #536
fondantcookie

They're part of the survival game mode. Load that up and scroll to the right...
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 21:55   #537
paulwork

^Got it - thanks!
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-15, 04:42   #538
Babou

Kinda old but it hasn't been mentioned.

Creative Assembly are hiring for a new AAA project. One position calls for an online/multiplayer programmer for a gaming experience that can be shared.

Some people think that this means there will be some kind of MP mode in an Alien sequel. Given that the game started of as a MP title this wouldn't be too shocking. Then again it could turn out to be something else entierly. But it is good to know that there is some hope for a sequel.

All the links to everything is in the article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...aa-blockbuster
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 02:33   #539
Babou

NECA will be making a line of action figures based on Alien Isolation.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...8/7439258.aspx

Also Isolation could be getting VR support for the HTC Vive if a reccent leak is to be believed. I had a go on Alien with Oculus and it was a blast so here's hoping it turns out to be true.
http://vrfocus.com/archives/14587/al...-leak-suggets/
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 03:41   #540
domino92

Alien Isolation with VR would be terrifying.

God I want a VR headset so bad...
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote