Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 07-07-18, 18:15   #21
xtimz

Hi, there is an easier way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2D5C01nnw
It's still a bug. There're two important things for this bug:
(1) You must jump into the water, otherwise the distance is too far.
(2) In the water, you need to hold "Jump + Down Arrow + Action".
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 17:13   #22
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by akci View Post
One of the beauty of the glitches in this game is that they are not easy. They require skill and knowledge to make them work. I think of this issue like a toolbox, with legal gameplay I have fewer tools, that makes it more prestigious perhaps, but not easier. Because when facing with a problem if I have to think with the larger toolbox with glitches, more possibilities, more variations, it can be harder to even think of a solution that takes into consideration all possible options, let alone actually do it.
The obvious criticism is that a playthrough with bugs gives you better statistics in the end. Well, maybe that's the motivation for some, but for me it's not about having a few more pickups, but the consistency of the method, and what can be achieved with that method. So legal or glitched gameplay are equally interesting to me.

I would be very much interested in a challenge wherein no-scratch is the main priority, all other considerations secondary, crew expendable. So it allows both. It's on my laundry list, I just never got around to do it. Pacifist mode (low kills) would be also interesting.
Many people reported about their private challenges, so there is interest. Maybe it would worth a shot trying to organize another, possibly by a mod.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The feeling of achievement you get after finding new methods to aid your challenge is so satisfying! That's one of the many beautiful things these games offer, there are so many ways to play and so many undiscovered glitches, people always continue to find new things even after all these years. I personally go after every pickup as well, but never use any of them so it's also not about making the game any easier. Every individual has his or her own challenges, which makes it very interesting to read those challenge threads. EscondeR even made a grid marking the specific challenges for each member participating. If someone got around bringing these challenges back to life, I would most definitely participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
Very interesting! Thank you for contributing your knowledge xtimz. I've been following your vids as well. Got me through the beetles in TR4
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 19:56   #23
RequiredField

I have a question since I haven't been here where the stuff you're talking about was present, so:
What's the reason that stops an individual from applying his/her own rules to the game, playing it this way and presenting the results? It's always nice to see a drastic gameplay change thanks to these. But maybe not so nice if the player gets mad after loads of unsuccessful attempts.

Anyone wants me to invent some crazy ideas?
RequiredField is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 22:26   #24
fallenangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
Thanks for that.

I was sure I'd read somewhere that another route, jumping from the rocks opposite the Uzis' location, was possible but I had no idea about the technique required.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote