Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 24-02-12, 13:06   #711
Runa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamilM_93 View Post
Yeah, I read that topic already, but as I said anything that I found around did actually work the .pac extractor crashes everytime I drag a file on it.
Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 13:07   #712
rexil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
Yeah, I read that topic already, but as I said anything that I found around did actually work the .pac extractor crashes everytime I drag a file on it.
Do you at least have the model importer? I'm not sure but I think there's no model importer for DMC3. no point extracting the files if you don't have a way to import the model.
rexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 13:13   #713
Runa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexil View Post
Do you at least have the model importer? I'm not sure but I think there's no model importer for DMC3. no point extracting the files if you don't have a way to import the model.
Uhm what does that mean? I am a noob :\ Reading things around I found there is a way to extract .pac files (the models) from the main pack renaming it in .afs. Until here no problems at all, I was able to extract a .pac file (that I guess was Dante model). Then, there is this tool called ".pac unpacker" or ".pac extractor", whatever.. but when I drag the .pac file on it, the program crashes and no success... that's all that I know..
Old 24-02-12, 13:17   #714
KamilM_93

Quote:
Uhm what does that mean? I am a noob :\ Reading things around I found there is a way to extract .pac files (the models) from the main pack renaming it in .afs. Until here no problems at all, I was able to extract a .pac file (that I guess was Dante model). Then, there is this tool called ".pac unpacker" or ".pac extractor", whatever.. but when I drag the .pac file on it, the program crashes and no success... that's all that I know..

If U want model with OGB you must have importer to blender/3ds max :P
KamilM_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 13:20   #715
rexil

Quote:
Well that is for extracting the files from the container (.pac) you'll still need a way (script/plugin) to import the model into Blender/Max. i don't think there's any available :\
Old 24-02-12, 13:26   #716
Runa

Quote:
Well that is for extracting the files from the container (.pac) you'll still need a way (script/plugin) to import the model into Blender/Max. i don't think there's any available :\
I posted a Dante model (boneless) into the "unfinished/-ported models recap" thread :\ means that someone was able to export him..
Old 24-02-12, 13:29   #717
KamilM_93

Quote:
I posted a Dante model (boneless) into the "unfinished/-ported models recap" thread :\ means that someone was able to export him..
It's mod to RE4 xD
KamilM_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-12, 13:30   #718
rexil

Quote:
Well the game is for PC, someone could have captured the geometry, it doesn't mean there's a full importer that supports bones, you should search for the importer before wasting time on anything else ^^
Old 24-02-12, 13:34   #719
Runa

Quote:
Well the game is for PC, someone could have captured the geometry, it doesn't mean there's a full importer that supports bones, you should search for the importer before wasting time on anything else ^^
Uhm.. so with an importer .pac files would be compatible with 3DS Max or something? °.° I thought there was a way to extract models in order to read them for example with Noesis. The DMC3 game was originally for console only, maybe who extracted the model used that version and maybe the format extension is different.. I don't know.
Thanks anyway ^^
Old 24-02-12, 16:26   #720
mikros

What about Terry Bogard from King of Fighters Maximum Impact? We need some other manly man besides Chris to care of all the ported ladies.
mikros is offline   Reply With Quote