Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 23-05-18, 17:15   #1
Deimos90

Smile Make a playable copy from a project

I readed the official manual of the program and I checked a lot of internet pages trying to resolve this issue.

The problem is that I can't make a playable copy of my project. Before I continue editing the level I'd like to understand how can I "play" the level and make sure everything is allright. Initially I created a new project and named it something like "try1" and saved it. Then I loaded the textures and the objects from two different downloaded file. So I output the wad to "try1.TOM", saved project and converted "try1.TOM" into "try1.tr4" but I can't find it in the ingame level's list.

I suppose I have to edit the script file if I want "try1" to appear in the list and be playable but I don't know how to do it. So I tried to do the same thing but this time I named all the files "tut1". I loaded the same textures and objects but when I clicked on "output WAD" I chose the name "tut1.TOM". Then I converted this file to "tut1.tr4" but this didn'd work. I also used WADMerger to open the WAD i want and to save it with the name "tut1" before I loaded it in the project but still not work!

Please help me. I'll really appreceate it.

Edit:
Of course i placed Lara in the room before doing that

Last edited by Deimos90; 23-05-18 at 17:17.
Deimos90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 20:17   #2
Craig Michaels

Hi, and welcome to the forum and TRLE in general.

I believe if you have everything named "tut1" then selecting the Playable Tutorial Level should launch your level. Did that work?

Also, if you are just starting out level building, I highly recommend Tomb Editor rather than TRLE. It's got a more modern interface and mouse/keyboard commands, and it's easy to output a level without dealing with .tom files at all. Check in our in the "Software Development" section.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 22:41   #3
Deimos90

Hi and thank you so much

I'll try it soon!
Old 24-05-18, 15:47   #4
Deimos90

Wow, it is a fantastic editor

Thank you man!

I found only video tutorial and they seem focus only on new instruments. Do you found any manual about Tomb Editor? Cause I'm trying to understand for example how to change the room's height. Where are keys for raising and lowering the roof?
Old 24-05-18, 15:53   #5
Titak

Welcome to this forum, Deimos09!

We have a whole thread about Tomb Editor in our Software Development section, which might be of help.
Any questions regarding Tomb Editor can be posted in there.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-18, 11:51   #6
Deimos90

Hi Titak!

Ok, I'll post it there
Old 26-05-18, 22:39   #7
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos90 View Post
Then I converted this file to "tut1.tr4" but this didn'd work
How did it not work? Can you elaborate? If you're on Vista or above and your TRLE directory is in the Program Files directory then you might need to run the converter (tom2pc) as admin, otherwise it will be banned from writing files to your drive.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 09:46   #8
Deimos90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
How did it not work? Can you elaborate? If you're on Vista or above and your TRLE directory is in the Program Files directory then you might need to run the converter (tom2pc) as admin, otherwise it will be banned from writing files to your drive.
Sorry, i mean that i can't find my level in the game. The conversion was ok. I forgot to tell you that in this case "tutorial level" appear in the list (obviously) but when I select it, it gives me an error.
Old 27-05-18, 09:59   #9
Titak

Which error?

I've been seeing different posts from you about this issue and I'm confused now. Also because you are posting in this section, in the TRNG section and in the Tomb Editor section.
So let me get this straight before trying to give you an answer.

You have a set of so-called wad files all called tut1.
Correct?

This is the wad you loaded into the editor, made a level with it (well, part of a level anyway) and this is the wad you used when doing "Otput Wad" in the editor.
And then it is the tut1.tom that gets converted to the tut1.tr4.
Correct?

The above might be different for Tomb Editor (I'm not using Tomb Editor yet because it is not fully compatible with TRNG yet, so I don't know about the whole conversion proces of Tomb Editor), but the main thing is that the wad is specified in the script. Tut1 is specified in the original TRLE script.

So then you open the game, the title plays fine and you select Playable Tutorial Level from the New Game menu.
Adn then you get an error.
Correct?

If so, what's the error?
The default Windows error of the program needing to shut down or does it say something more specific?
Did you get a crash report in the main TRLE/TRNG folder? If so, what does it say?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 12:18   #10
Deimos90

Hi Titak,

I didn't give you an answer, sorry. Thanks you so much for your attention.
However I abandoned TRLE and started Tomb Editor. It's much more simpler for me

Congratulation for Mists of Avalon! I just played it. Really good job!