www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 11-08-06, 07:27   #1
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Default Guitar Hero!

Yesterday I was walking through Best Buy and I picked up Guild Wars: Factions. I was right about to pay for it when I passed up a little game demo setup. And guess what it was? None other than Guitar Hero. I playedi t for like 5 minutes and decided to wait on GW:F, I HAD to buy Guitar Hero right then and there!

I've been playing it like crazy lately and i love it! I've finished every song on medium, including the dreaded "Bark at the Moon". That was so hard! I'm learning a lot though, I'm able to beat Ziggy Stardust (my fav song on there ) on Expert Mode, so that's not bad for only having it for a day and half lol.

Anyone one else have this game? I am totally obsessed over it! Dare I say it.... but I like it better than DDR!!!! I never thought I'd say that, but I do! This could be because I play guitar though. I've always wanted to play guitar (preferably electric) ever since I was a very, very young kid. All my life I've dreamed of jamming out on a guitar haha. Now I can play guitar, but not near as good as I can on this game!

The thing I love about teh game is that it truly feels like you're playing that guitar. You forget it's a toy and you just start rockin' out, It's incredible!

It was so funny too because yesterday Mom came home from grocery shopping and she couldn't see me playing it in the living room, so I said, "Hey Mom, come here and see what I bought." So she walks in and sees me holding this little toy guitar playing the game and she was like, "Omg, what kind of toy did you buy this time..." lol! It was hilarious. She about flipped a gasket when she heard I spent $70 on it, but I got her playing it a little and now she likes it too. Especially sincet he yhave, "More than a Feeling", by Boston. That's one of her favorite bands.

My dad is SUPER obsessed with it! He came home from work and saw me playing it and so I let him play. Four hours went by like 4 minutes, we were having so much fun. I gotta buy another guitar so we can play on two player now. :P
Old 11-08-06, 07:37   #2
Satu
Archaeologist

I have heard of this game, haven't played it but I have read the reviews and most were very good.
So glad you are having fun with it...by the sounds of it, it might be a good idea to get another guitar
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 07:39   #3
Angelx14
Tomb Raider

I never heard about it before.
But it sounds like really good thing, and you can get big funwith it.(if even your parents like it.)

Could you show a picture or something, to see how it looks like. Becouse it's hard imagine, if you even don't know how it looks like.

Last edited by Angelx14; 11-08-06 at 07:40.
Angelx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 07:50   #4
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Here's the guitar:

Mine looks cooler because I added skull, fire, and lightning stickers to it. You'll use the buttons as frets. The blue can get tricky at first, but when you get to orange: :eeK: It gets tough! Well for now anywya, I've only had it for a day and a half lol.

There's how it looks on the screen. You have to hit all of the colored things. The cool thing is that they are in rhythm, so it really gives you the feeling that you're actually playing a real guitar. And once your blue bar goes up you can move the guitar around, jump like a manicac, or dance around and it will put you in a rockstar mode, which gives you more points. The guitar has a tilt control thing on it. It's loads of fun!

By the way, I thought I'd add that it was a PS2 game, for those of you who haven't heard of it.
Old 11-08-06, 07:51   #5
tr_mitch
Tomb Raider

I'm thinking of buying this game, many people have said that the replay value is brilliant and there's so much to do, plus with the sequel coming out soon, it's like double whammy.

Just the price tag that's a bit dawnting 50
But still as it's been recommended so much, i may have to buy it.
tr_mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 07:56   #6
Angelx14
Tomb Raider

By screenie and your words, I can tell it looks really good.
(though, we don't have it in here.)
Angelx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 08:24   #7
scion05
Tomb Raider

Looks fun

I tried it in Virgin Meg and it was Hard
Old 11-08-06, 08:34   #8
ace_85
Relic Hunter

Guitar Hero looks pretty cool Another good party game like that is Singstar, as long as you warn the neighbours beforehand
ace_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 08:34   #9
scion05
Tomb Raider

Ive got a friend who loves singing material girl on his singstar...
Old 11-08-06, 08:36   #10
ace_85
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05
Ive got a friend who loves singing material girl on his singstar...
The 80's disc is the best I think, there's some absolute classics on that one
ace_85 is offline   Reply With Quote